Annesley Warns Bulldogs To Cut Out Go-Slow Tactics

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't read stats! Storm are happy for a fast game if they are winning, when they are behind the 8 ball they intentionally slow everything down, wrestle and sap the momentum out of the opposing team and the refs do nothing. Remember they invented it!
I don't see what point you're making, yes other teams do it, but our game last week was next level and the stats back it up. Like I said, I made comments about it at the time during the match thread and this was before stats were even released to back it up.

I'm not being critical about us doing it or anything, I'm just sick of the "poor Bulldogs" mentality that is being developed around our club ATM. We're fucking shit, our coach is fucking shit, etc, yet so many people are clutching onto excuses left right and centre and trying to deflect everything.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Quality journalism.

Headline: Annesley Warns Bulldogs To Cut Out Go-Slow Tactics

Annesley said he had no plans to speak to Canterbury coach Dean Pay or any other coaches...

So, which is it? I'm confused.
Brad Walters (ex Fairfax SMH journo). Now reporting for NRL.COM.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I don't see what point you're making, yes other teams do it, but our game last week was next level and the stats back it up. Like I said, I made comments about it at the time during the match thread and this was before stats were even released to back it up.

I'm not being critical about us doing it or anything, I'm just sick of the "poor Bulldogs" mentality that is being developed around our club ATM. We're fucking shit, our coach is fucking shit, etc, yet so many people are clutching onto excuses left right and centre and trying to deflect everything.
Who do you think is a good coach in the nrl?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Annesley the pig should shut his mouth . And should stop having a threesome with burgess and Bennett . A bunch of scums .
We need to warn the refs about letting us take conversions where they should be taken just like other teams are allowed to.

We need to warn the refs about the opposition side only taken back 8 metres whilst we are taken back a good 12 metres when defending
We need to warn the refs that sometimes it's ok not to refer to the bunker for every one of our tries.

We need to warn the refs that awarding the first 3 penalties to the opposition in nearly every game we have started is just not on...we have feelings too

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Forget going for the pinfall.... we should just use submission holds like Melbourne - the darlings of the league.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont mind the slow down tactics as they benifitted us ..

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a load of tripe. The fact is that souths were continually walking forward off the mark...the Burgesses are all notorious for this and seem to be coached to do it. But this is obviously irrelevent?. So too the fact that Souths were camped inside our 20mtrs for long periods meaning we would automatically get multiple players in the tackle rather than so many 1 on 1 tackles. Take these factors out and we had 26% of tackles taking 4 seconds or more....spot on every other games' figure. Do the NRL seriously think they can hoodwink us with this false claim statistical bullshit?
Whats more relevent is why now when u look at the nrl highlights package on nrl.com from the souths game have the NRL cut out the collision of Sutton taking out Cogger in Souths 1st try and also cut out the forward pass from Walker? Clearly Souths 1st try should not of been allowed...but if it cant be seen over again...nobody will be the wiser will they?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most penalty counts get close to even by the end of the game so our boys should just give away intentional penalties on the first and second tackle for the first 15-20 min and then get our ones later in the game .
As shitty as that sounds the refs always get the penalty count as close as possible by the 80th minute to avoid criticism

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Chris Sutton the ref this week. A signal we are going to be scrutinized. Not sure of our record under him (not as many games as his brother) but i can't recall us winning with him in charge.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were slowing the ruck down. But that's what teams do when they're over matched and under the pump. And we got penalised for it.

But of course our play the ball speeds will be faster because Souths didn't want to hold down in the ruck as we were always struggling in our own half barely making 25 metres a set. So the faster we play the ball, the better for them and their line speed.

Annesleys analytics bullshit stats don't take into account the flow of the game and also he didn't mention the numerous penalties and video ref calls that went against us that changed the momentum of the game.
I don't think he has analysed any of the contoversial calls we have had to date. Not that it matters because they don't do fuck all about it anyway. The board need to go to the nrl with a video of every bad call against us and ask for an explination for it always happening.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
what about everytime a souths player looked up at the ref after being tackled and had a whinge before they played the ball , that easily took 1 to 3 seconds on its own .. is that being factored in ? or what about when there was dominant tackle or a surrender tackle ??

Stats can be used to mislead people just as much as they can be used to tell a story, or in some instances create a story ...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree that we did it but no different then what Storm do when they are behind the 8 ball and never penalised for it. One rule for all and not just for some.
If your constantly being penalised for it then I actually think it balances out in the end. Souths had way more possession and won the game. We managed to hold on and lose by a respectable margin.
The issue I have is when a team like Melbourne do it constantly but are rarely penalised for it.
We really need to introduce a 5 min sin bin. 10 mins in the bin for repeated ruck infringements is fucking ridiculous when you consider the balance of a game. Especially when you compare it to say a professional foul that prevented a try being scored, or when a head high tackle takes a player out of the rest of the game.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Perfect to kick the team coming last while they're down. You must be real proud of yourself Annesley. Wayne Bennett says 'jump' and you say 'yes master, how high?' you stupid, easily manipulated Karmichael!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree that we did it but no different then what Storm do when they are behind the 8 ball and never penalised for it. One rule for all and not just for some.
No, the Storm do it smarter as part of the tackle. We simply held them down after the tackle was made.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
what about everytime a souths player looked up at the ref after being tackled and had a whinge before they played the ball , that easily took 1 to 3 seconds on its own .. is that being factored in ? or what about when there was dominant tackle or a surrender tackle ??

Stats can be used to mislead people just as much as they can be used to tell a story, or in some instances create a story ...
Exactly right. Sam Burgess and Sutton whinging while playing the ball slowly would slow the average down. Slow play the ball speed isn't solely caused by the defender. Quite often it's due to the attacking player taking too long to get up and play it.

Aaron Woods and Klemmer are prime examples. They would give us slow play the balls constantly because they were always milking and looking at the refs instead of getting on with it. She-Rex would take even longer...

Never mind the whole walking off the mark component which adds to the slower play the balls. I'm just amazed that they haven't said anything all season when it's been rampant in every game yet in this game, we're singled out and made an example of because Bennett had a cry.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

The point I'm making is that I'm not going to be too concerned about making sure our team is policed on issues when there is about 4-5 teams being obviously looked after by the NRL. If the game was squeaky clean I would be more self critical of our guys...…...I'm just not going to do it when there are plenty worse around. We did it, yes but Souths layed in the ruck longer too making the stupid individual times drag out. They were fukin pathetic as usual with old mate squish face whinging at every turn. As I've said, it's the Ref's job to call the penalty and set the tone...…..they didn't do it so our team played to the whistle. This is all on the refs for not doing their jobs. No use them coming out after the game making brave statements...……….maybe they should have dropped the refs for not following the rules in the first place? You need to stop kicking the team why they're down. there's plenty of others lining up for that.