Opinion Angus Crichton

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Angus Crichton coming off contract next year and the news is that Roosters might look like letting him go (https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4f43ac458ced8b14eb0422c149a6eea6)

Thoughts on having a go for Crichton for 2022? Our second row stock isn't particularly strong particularly in strike power. To be honest, I'd be against a move for Crichton. Although he's a gun, he would command massive pay which would better used elsewhere. But I do think we need a strike second rower, especially since we lost CHN.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've had success when we've developed our own forwards rather than spending a fortune buying them (Trex, Napa, Woods)....

Maybe we've got some young guns coming up?
This. I'd rather see blokes like Doorey get some decent time and effort invested into their development. If the chooks are looking at letting Crichton go it is because he is on massive coin and it can't be justified. We can't be spending $600k+ on players for every area of the park, we'd lose all depth.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a great second rower, definitely one of the best in the comp. But he'd be looking for 800k plus and considering how much we already have tied up in our pack, I think he's out of our price range considering we need to put money aside for another half, a hooker and maybe a fullback.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The next signing needed is a hooker. If we can't get one in 21 we need to find someone decent in 22. To do that we can't outlay massive money in positions where we have/can cover.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a great second rower, definitely one of the best in the comp. But he'd be looking for 800k plus and considering how much we already have tied up in our pack, I think he's out of our price range considering we need to put money aside for another half, a hooker and maybe a fullback.
if we can dump a napa or a jackson then i'd fucking love crighton
hes a beast
a good solid country kid
and focused and determined, good community aspect to it too
sign himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been playing well but would cost too much. That money MUST go to a good #9.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, really good player and was in career best form in 2020, but his price tag and position just isn't a priority.