Angus Crichton to the Roosters in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol it’s fucking gold. The best part is this idiot the troll just keeps going.

So he thinks the reason other clubs are struggling to compete with their endless cap is cause they overpay duds. Yet when they just sack some kid who played how many games? He was on 400k. Yet if you went through the same
Team and had him listed in their top 30 at 400k when they signed Tedesco or Cronk he would be like, you think nikorima is on 400k you have nfi.

They are the biggest cheats in the nrl. Everyone knows it. Worse then the broncos.

They aren’t envied at all. They choke every time and have an endless cap, easiest draw, protected species. Hell I even have a friend who is a choke fan and he is losing interest cause he said the way they just shafted a bloke like Pearce after that many loyal years for a 34 year old Cronk was a slack move. I hope he walk. Will cut their fan base down to single
Digits

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Surely the best player for the chokes was the one with the whistle?

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol it’s fucking gold. The best part is this idiot the troll just keeps going.

So he thinks the reason other clubs are struggling to compete with their endless cap is cause they overpay duds. Yet when they just sack some kid who played how many games? He was on 400k. Yet if you went through the same
Team and had him listed in their top 30 at 400k when they signed Tedesco or Cronk he would be like, you think nikorima is on 400k you have nfi.

They are the biggest cheats in the nrl. Everyone knows it. Worse then the broncos.

They aren’t envied at all. They choke every time and have an endless cap, easiest draw, protected species. Hell I even have a friend who is a choke fan and he is losing interest cause he said the way they just shafted a bloke like Pearce after that many loyal years for a 34 year old Cronk was a slack move. I hope he walk. Will cut their fan base down to single
Digits
The biggest farce is how are you an immortal on this forum ?? Your posts are mindless & mind numbing.
Your friend is an idiot. Actually I’m pretty you made him up.
Now go away and stop stalking me you creep.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The biggest farce is how are you an immortal on this forum ?? Your posts are mindless & mind numbing.
Your friend is an idiot. Actually I’m pretty you made him up.
Now go away and stop stalking me you creep.

hey , no need to get your knickers in a twist.

If I were you, I would be looking forward to the next season. Your club can cheat and get away with it, few other clubs have done in the past and got away with it and won the premiership.

NRL is a farce and the biggest joke.

I am not upset at you or your club , I am upset at NRL for letting yous get away with it.

Enjoy it mate while it last or someone blows a whistle, just like what happened with us and Storm.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey , no need to get your knickers in a twist.

If I were you, I would be looking forward to the next season. Your club can cheat and get away with it, few other clubs have done in the past and got away with it and won the premiership.

NRL is a farce and the biggest joke.

I am not upset at you or your club , I am upset at NRL for letting yous get away with it.

Enjoy it mate while it last or someone blows a whistle, just like what happened with us and Storm.
I enjoy 95% of posts by fanatical Dogs fans. They are witty, clever, passionate & hard hitting.
Bulldogs09 is none of that.
His posts are a cure for insomnia.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
We should go hard for Latrell Mitchell

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to admit though Innovator, your club is an ABSOLUTE FUCKING protected species just like the Broncos are!!!! :rage:
Watching all the news channels now, not one FUCKING channel even mentioned that the Rorters signed Cronk, Tedesco and Crichton....all in the one year and each player is on $1 million per year. No mention AT ALL about the salary cap! All they banged on about was how fans were pissed off about the signing so far in advance. WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK about the signing in advance, WE all want to know why haven't the Rorters been audited?
When the Dogs signed Woods and Foran, the first thing you heard that we were $1million over the cap and need to offload players to be cap compliant. The media kept banging on about it for weeks and months!!
As i have said before....the NRL IS THE MOST CORRUPT GOVERNANCE IN SPORT TODAY!!!!!

they actually have articles now explaining how they can afford the signings and possibly another marque signing this year! fmd I give up

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
trolls I tell you. Don’t let it bother you. Makes it funnier when they do all they have ever done. Choke

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
add in the salaries for players 4 -17

then add in the other 13 players who make up the 30 man squad and their salaries, I cant see how its possible...it leaves an average of around $240,000 each for the other 27 players some are way above that
I’m just making fun of the salary cap they have mate, I know what you mean. The salary cap has become a joke! There’s a set of rules for a few teams and a different set of rules for the rest!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
seems if the roosters want to move a player on they spike their water bottle then drug test them or sell drugs to them with a camera rolling.......f#cked if i'd be going on the end of season trip to bali if my form was down or my salary too high if I played for them

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How can the Roosters afford him?

It’s easy to be cynical about a roster that gets more star-studded with every week.

Crichton follows Cooper Cronk and James Tedesco into a list chock full of representative talent, but it’s important not to overlook some simple facts that have allowed the recruitment drive to take place.

To balance the new faces at the club there are several big names who were on good money and have recently gone elsewhere. Representative stars Mitchell Pearce, Aidan Guerra and Shaun Kenny-Dowall are worth more than $1.5 million between them and all three are now at Newcastle.

Jayden Nikorima was soaking up the best part of $400,000 on the Roosters’ cap next season. His sacking gives that money back to the club to be spent all over again.

Then there’s the departures of Kane Evans, Dale Copley, Connor Watson, Jackson Hastings, Liam Knight and Paul Carter. In 2018 none of those players will be on the Roosters’ books.

The significant raise in the salary cap also has to be taken into account. In 2017 it was $7 million. In 2018 it goes up to $9.4 million.

Finally, Crichton’s signing does not have any impact on the Roosters’ books until 2019. With over $1 million still available to spend on their 2018 roster they may even frontload some contracts next year to make Crichton’s salary even more comfortable to cater for when he arrives.

Is this the end of the Roosters’ stunning recruitment drive?

The scary news for the Tricolours’ rivals is it doesn’t have to be. Crichton won’t arrive in Bondi until 2019 so his signing doesn’t affect their cap for next year.

Their current 2018 roster is more than a million dollars under the $9.4 million cap, so another big name or several role players could still be added before June 30 next year.

It’s fair to say the Roosters’ spine is sorted for the next two years but the outside backs have taken a hit with Michael Gordon and Shaun Kenny-Dowall leaving and the forward pack could do with further bolstering following the losses of Aidan Guerra and Kane Evans.

There’s no clear candidates to come in before the 2018 season starts in March but if players from other clubs are shaken loose over the next six months the Roosters are in a strong position to pounce.

More likely, they’ll use their war chest to move on their priority re-signing list, headlined by captain Cordner, and will look at front-loading existing contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.