Ange Postecoglou Quits as Socceroos boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He overachieved winning the Asian cup with the current crop of Australian footballers available .
He may have been criticised for changing personnel and formation too often but there was a reason for that, he was always looking to improve the squad which has major shortcomings in key positions.
I think there is a lot more to the story regarding why he resigned than what we know.
Either way, his 4 year tenure as national coach was successful in my opinion when you consider our showing at the last World Cup, the winning of the Asian cup and qualifying for next years World Cup (even the long route) which will bring over $80 million for the FFA.
Hopefully the replacement is better than him and not someone like Arnold . We need a good foreign coach .

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like Ange, Especially after I read his book. It gave me a different perspective on his coaching.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Graham Arnold is the worst possible candidate. I'd rather get Tony Pulis atleast he will get this team sorted defensively and on set pieces.

Pulis > Arnold

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
About time, bloke fucking lost it over the last year or so. Also a massive ****.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Graham Arnold if we go Aussie coach. We should see if Carlo Ancelotti is interested in a 8 month contract

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Get that resume submitted Raelene... go you good thing!!

Great chance for her to ruin yet another club/sporting team.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
“Big Phil” Scolari has been approached for the job but there are some on the panel that want Graham Arnold.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It has to be a foreign coach. It will be criminal of the FFA if they appoint that bogan Arnold and bypass options like Klinsmann, Scolari, Redknapp and Sven Goran Erickson . All have expressed an interest .

Btw, Tony Popovic is about to get sacked from Turkey having lost 8 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.