Andrew Webster (SMH)

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No actually quite the contrary, even those that have criticised Elliott like myself have said many times that he's improved a lot this season.

But that's one player out of 30-35 that have played under Pay over the course of three seasons. Who else has improved?

Have we set the bar so low for a coach that one lone player improving during that time but literally every other player in the squad stagnating or regressing badly is now considered an achievement?
And it’s a contract year.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
It’s fair to say this is the worst article iv ever read...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this forum go into meltdown when Pay gets a 1 or 2yr deal. I will be supporting him. Hopefully the rest of you hand your jerseys in and go support someone else.
I'll support the club, not the dumb fuck individuals. Go jerk yourself harder over old footage of Pay.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
For some reason I’m expecting some low-key signings next week to deflect from the pressure-cooker the board are under!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this forum go into meltdown when Pay gets a 1 or 2yr deal. I will be supporting him. Hopefully the rest of you hand your jerseys in and go support someone else.
I’m with you mate. It’ll truly be a thing of beauty

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m with you mate. It’ll truly be a thing of beauty
Will it be time to pop the champagne or have you run out after celebrating so much for the first nine games this year?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am all for this in theory, but who will hold out the olive branch..? More like they would hand each other gifts that explode..
In short and if not too late...The CURRENT MANAGEMENT and here's why
Peter Bullfrog Moore was a newsagent at Belmore, hardly a top notch educated football club CEO but he was extraordinary brilliant...He was street wise and miles ahead of his counterparts !!!
I wish I could say the same about his successors
When the previous board got the Hitler Hasler episode wrong, the current board saw an opportunity in that to climb back into POWER they declared war instead of unity, claiming what they were doing was to help our club back to the summit...WRONG !!!
Better late Then never the necessary steps were taken
The previous board sacked Castle then dealt with Hitler's cronies and then Hitler himself !
1. As is now approved by the current board...They appointed Hill as CEO and Pay as a coach
2. Managed to sustain the club on high sponsorships ( KIA ), TPAs, memberships and merchandise
Can anyone tell me, what did the current people achieve other then signing Luke Thompson ???

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's a difficult one.

Its quite obvious that Pay was giving an extension by the current board to "ride it out", while also not providing him with resources and players to move forward

On the other side of the coin, you had Hasler who was given total control and how did that work out?

There has to be a "middle", so it works both ways with the main goal of the club moving forward.

There are and have been 2 major problems, which has been going on for close to 10 years.

1. Power
2. Egos

Pay, eventually will not be here, though whoever the next coach is, nothing will change unless the egos in the front office do not change

If i was to chose 3 coaches who would suit our club, with what is needed it would be

1. Bellamy
2. Griffin
3. Flanagan (cant stand him, but would be a good fit)

As mentioned, egos upstairs need replacing or repairing before and new coach and blood comes in
Totally agree.

Unless power trips and egos are put aside, absolutely nothing will change and we will keep falling behind year after year

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The criticism of the last board, headed by chairman Ray Dib, was that it never "backed or sacked" coach Des Hasler.

He was re-signed but then endured 18 months of speculation about his future. In the end, the uncertainty cost Hasler, Dib and then-chief executive Raelene Castle their positions.
uncertainty lol. I think people were more bothered by the fucked up cap

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Projecting Pay’s current 34% win percentage over the next 12 games this season and say 24 games next season would translate to 12 wins and 24 losses in the next 36 games.

Or this season’s win percentage of 12.5% would translate to 4-5 wins and 31-32 losses out of the next 36 games.

Thing of beauty indeed

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Projecting Pay’s current 34% win percentage over the next 12 games this season and say 24 games next season would translate to 12 wins and 24 losses in the next 36 games.

Or this season’s win percentage of 12.5% would translate to 4-5 wins and 31-32 losses out of the next 36 games.

Thing of beauty indeed
But but he is a nice guy....

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick of them saying we’re lowballing Elliot. c*** been playing first grade for 4 years and isn’t the greatest. He looks good in a shit team. Also no mention of paying overs last time for him. c*** only plays good footy in contract years. Fuck off
actually he wasn’t paid overs last time , he signed for less than he could of got elsewhere , parra offered him more

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand why the "hate on Pay at any costs" gang don't agree with Elliot's improved form again this season. One of their mind numbingly endless complaints is that no one has improved under Pay and admitting that Elliott has actual stepped up his game each year for the last 3 goes completely against that complaint. So they deny it, ignore the facts, change the subject, insult the poster that points it out, or the journalist that acknowledges it ........... anything to avoid facing up to the truth, that their "Pay hate" can't handle.

Go Dogs
No one said Elliott hasnt improved this year.
We are refuting that he has not been our best player for the last 3 years - Anything to avoid the facts right TT?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can wipe my ass and come up with a better article.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Denial of reality??
Twin, if you or anyone else thinks we are travelling ok and that the player fairy's will suddenly sprinkle magic glitter over our recruitment, which will then miraculously turn Dean into a Supercoach..
Then yes there is some denial of reality.
FMD, show me a post just one, where I said we were travelling OK.

As a lifetime Bulldogs supporter I absolutely hate the current position we are in and want out as fast as possible. But the hating on everything on here, literally everything (every player, the whole coaching staff, the board, Belmore, etc etc) is not achieving anything, a touch of realism is required and I'm OK with delivering it.

Go Dogs