Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
On the Sunday footy show this bloke stuck up for us. Well done sir. Worth a watch
The panelists tried to say that you wrote an article about how bad it was, and he basically said he had to and the DT were wrong for stalking us and what they did

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's in the wrong business

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gallen went in to bat for the dogs earlier too. My view is the general public at large don’t support what Newscorp did in setting the players up for failure and splashing the photos everywhere. However, given the significant power Newscorp hold via media coverage, they are trying to convince the world that the world is outraged at what the bulldogs did. Every time an independent member of the public has comments, they support the bulldogs and criticize Newscorp. Unfortunately the NRL and police are the only ones that have succumbed to Newscorps power given the likelihood Newscorp will criticize them for their lack of action.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was really refreshing to see Andrew Webster putting some perspective on this situation. This whole situation is putrid from the point of the fans the players and the club. The Telegraph sent a team to deliberately get some dirt on the dogs at a Mad Monday event to create some headlines and sell papers.

The boys were at a private party not harming anyone, no complaints from the public whatsoever and end the day with their careers threatened, their personal lives affected by fines and public shaming, an unprecedented fine for the club and loss of sponsorship for what?, a little bit of sweet Caroline in the nude. This is an absolute travesty. There's no way the Club can except this fine and also I believe there has been criminal behaviour by the Telegraph in circulating nude images of these players and the matter must be investigated.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was really refreshing to see Andrew Webster putting some perspective on this situation. This whole situation is putrid from the point of the fans the players and the club. The Telegraph sent a team to deliberately get some dirt on the dogs at a Mad Monday event to create some headlines and sell papers.

The boys were at a private party not harming anyone, no complaints from the public whatsoever and end the day with their careers threatened, their personal lives affected by fines and public shaming, an unprecedented fine for the club and loss of sponsorship for what?, a little bit of sweet Caroline in the nude. This is an absolute travesty. There's no way the Club can except this fine and also I believe there has been criminal behaviour by the Telegraph in circulating nude images of these players and the matter must be investigated.
I'm still waiting for one journalist to bring up the fact that the media waited outside of belmore for the 2012 mad Monday.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How’s Riccio and Brent Read acting like the little bitches they are when called out. Unfortunately Newscorp have the NRL by the balls so nothings going to change.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Players association should also get some balls and pull all sides together and have nothing to do with the grubby wrag it is.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading that Twitter feed. Pretty much sums up the sentiment of the public. I think it was about 97% in favour.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Good stuff. Thank you Andrew Webster. He’s written some things I disagree with and some I agree with this last week, but nice to see him bringing an obvious double standard to light and calling these divisive muckrakers out for what they are.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vast majority of people agree that it wasn't a big deal yet Greenturd still used our club as a cash cow. Scumbag of the highest order.
Because Greenburg is owned or at least partly owned by Newscorp.
The whole thing is a set-up. Why is the press at a private function, what does it matter - the players didn't hurt anybody.
They play in pain and under immense pressure - one gazetted day, one or two of them go ballistic - show me a 22 year old that doesn't.

And the predatory press shows up.
Sleazy behaviour by the media tbh. Thats the best they have to do and report on.
A young man stripped at a party and danced on a table or whatever - someone had two beers too many and chucked. Whoopie-effin-do

Newscorp print media is a dinosaur business desperate to talk about something that sells some ink.

Shock horror outrage - YEAH WHATEVER YOU SAY Mr Murdoch.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll give points to Andrew Webster for that but I can’t believe they aren’t talking more about the massive issue of serving people who are that intoxicated, if they had done there job the stupidity could have been prevented

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think because this is the first year in a while we never invited the media to the start of mad monday its like they spat their dummy and thought fuck You spiteful *****

Status
Not open for further replies.