Andrew Symonds Dead

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Reportedly could have played league too the big fella, could have been a Bronc!
He also played in the local Rugby Union competition at one stage and the funny thing was that my Nephew once called him a loser because Roy played for a club who isn’t that well liked because their league counterparts give them a bad name.

He also played in the social off season touch football comp with all the resident ratbags and I even had the honour of Roy refereeing a game with me (he was quite a decent touch football ref too).

I still remember Roy walking out of one local shopping centre with his Daughter. This same one used to have a Butcher he used to do ads for (this butcher used to hit on women way better than any AJ or cowboys player ever could)

TBQH, unless this funeral is a private affair, I cannot see any church in Townsville big enough to be able to hold Roy‘s funeral (even the one behind what was 1300 Smiles Stadium)

Word has already gotten around town and everyone is totally devo.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha will never get tired of seeing that!! Can’t believe they thought about disciplining him for it!!

Gees he was up there with the best fielders. With him and Ponting roaming in close you always new we were a chance of a runout!! Sad to see him go so young. RIP big fella
He’d be out for a few weeks with that shoulder charge if he was in the nrl! Lol..

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Got a good story about Andrew Symonds to share.
When I was around 15 Andrew Symonds and Matthew Hayden came to my local cricket club with the QLD bulls, for whatever reason I can't remember why Mum and I got there late I remember getting out of the car and looking around but most of the players had left it was then that I saw Andrew Symonds about to hop into a car to leave I yelled out hey Symonds!! And he got back out of the car and came over to me. As a kid I was preety shy for a few reasons I won't get into but he talked to me for 5 or 10 minutes signed my bat and jersey and gave my a hug. He didn't have to do that he could of pretended he didn't hear me and just got in the car. The fact that he got out and gave me the time I think says what kind of bloke he is just a salt of the earth type, RIP Roy thanks for a great childhood memory.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Got a good story about Andrew Symonds to share.
When I was around 15 Andrew Symonds and Matthew Hayden came to my local cricket club with the QLD bulls, for whatever reason I can't remember why Mum and I got there late I remember getting out of the car and looking around but most of the players had left it was then that I saw Andrew Symonds about to hop into a car to leave I yelled out hey Symonds!! And he got back out of the car and came over to me. As a kid I was preety shy for a few reasons I won't get into but he talked to me for 5 or 10 minutes signed my bat and jersey and gave my a hug. He didn't have to do that he could of pretended he didn't hear me and just got in the car. The fact that he got out and gave me the time I think says what kind of bloke he is just a salt of the earth type, RIP Roy thanks for a great childhood memory.
What a great memory to have..you know he could have just waved and drove off..a token gesture to make you feel noticed..but to come over..because he obviously knew you’d come late.. and have a chat and sign your stuff..even a hug..showed the measure of the bloke.. Somethings are more impressive..and important.. than scoring a century..taking 5 wickets..or taking a spectacular catch.. this is one of em.. Thanks for sharing..

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a great memory to have..you know he could have just waved and drove off..a token gesture to make you feel noticed..but to come over..because he obviously knew you’d come late.. and have a chat and sign your stuff..even a hug..showed the measure of the bloke.. Somethings are more impressive..and important.. than scoring a century..taking 5 wickets..or taking a spectacular catch.. this is one of em.. Thanks for sharing..
Better than Ian chappel telling me to fuck off when I asked for his autograph.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Terrible news one of my fav players of all time.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 of the best All round cricketers I've ever seen. Dynamic fielder, could bowl medium pace and spin and when he batted it was compelling viewing.
R.I.P Roy