Other News Source Andrew McCullough

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah thats what we need another defensive hooker..
Offers absolutely nothing else!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah nah ey, can’t stand the way he talks or plays lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haas and Fifita were at the pokies? Then who was the "young forward" who got all angry about these players being out late?

Oh, and add another No to the McCullough option.

Actually add three...
Maybe Haas, although he was seen out himself but apparently returned earlier than Fafita...

Yes big lol at the by lines for the news articles "SENIOR " players were out on the town...those two young uns playing well beyond the abilities of their tender years

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/e...b/news-story/f7419adcdc29e902d6e6708b35e773a1

Eyewitnesses confirmed Broncos players Matt Gillett, Andrew McCullough, Payne Haas, David Fifita, Corey Oates and Anthony Milford were all at Harpoon Harry’s hotel near Sydney’s Oxford Street until late on Saturday night.

The players congregated in the pub’s pokies room, where Fifita stayed playing the machines alone, after the rest of his teammates left the venue around 11pm.
There is no suggestion any of the players were drinking alcohol but less than 24 hours after their visit to Harpoon Harry’s, the Broncos were handed a 58-0 thrashing by the Eels, the biggest losing margin in any final since 1908.

A pub patron who sat next to Milford as he played the pokies asked him what time he was playing the next day.

“I knew the game started at 4pm but Milford turned to me and said: ‘I think it’s at six, eh’. He wasn’t taking the piss, he was dead set,” the source said, showing perhaps how little the player cared.

On Tuesday evening the Broncos issued their response and although the club indicated the players “should have been more professional” they stopped short of issuing any sanctions but ominously promised the incident would be looked at in their end of season review.

“In relation to media reports on the actions of Broncos team members on Saturday night, the club has spoken to a number of players,” the statement read.

“We understand that a small number were playing poker machines at a venue close to the team hotel.

“Others called in for a short period on their way back to the team hotel from the shops.

“There is no suggestion the players were drinking, and our entire squad presented at a team breakfast at 7am the next morning.

“Players aren’t confined to the team hotel on away trips once their team commitments including dinner, team meeting and sports massage have been completed.

“Over many years, the club has placed trust in the playing group to do the right thing in regard to their pre-game preparation.

“Given the players were about to play their biggest game of the year, they should have been more professional in their actions.

“The club will take this into consideration during the end of year review process currently underway.”

The players involved were among the poorest performers in a team that arrived at BankWest Stadium clearly not ready to play.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Haas, although he was seen out himself but apparently returned earlier than Fafita...

Yes big lol at the by lines for the news articles "SENIOR " players were out on the town...those two young uns playing well beyond the abilities of their tender years

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/e...b/news-story/f7419adcdc29e902d6e6708b35e773a1

Eyewitnesses confirmed Broncos players Matt Gillett, Andrew McCullough, Payne Haas, David Fifita, Corey Oates and Anthony Milford were all at Harpoon Harry’s hotel near Sydney’s Oxford Street until late on Saturday night.

The players congregated in the pub’s pokies room, where Fifita stayed playing the machines alone, after the rest of his teammates left the venue around 11pm.
There is no suggestion any of the players were drinking alcohol but less than 24 hours after their visit to Harpoon Harry’s, the Broncos were handed a 58-0 thrashing by the Eels, the biggest losing margin in any final since 1908.

A pub patron who sat next to Milford as he played the pokies asked him what time he was playing the next day.

“I knew the game started at 4pm but Milford turned to me and said: ‘I think it’s at six, eh’. He wasn’t taking the piss, he was dead set,” the source said, showing perhaps how little the player cared.

On Tuesday evening the Broncos issued their response and although the club indicated the players “should have been more professional” they stopped short of issuing any sanctions but ominously promised the incident would be looked at in their end of season review.

“In relation to media reports on the actions of Broncos team members on Saturday night, the club has spoken to a number of players,” the statement read.

“We understand that a small number were playing poker machines at a venue close to the team hotel.

“Others called in for a short period on their way back to the team hotel from the shops.

“There is no suggestion the players were drinking, and our entire squad presented at a team breakfast at 7am the next morning.

“Players aren’t confined to the team hotel on away trips once their team commitments including dinner, team meeting and sports massage have been completed.

“Over many years, the club has placed trust in the playing group to do the right thing in regard to their pre-game preparation.

“Given the players were about to play their biggest game of the year, they should have been more professional in their actions.

“The club will take this into consideration during the end of year review process currently underway.”

The players involved were among the poorest performers in a team that arrived at BankWest Stadium clearly not ready to play.
Honestly, as much as I can't stand the gronkos, why should people care if they were out all night playing the slappers?

Fucking grubby media just hounding for a "story"
Players can't speak their minds because it gets spun negatively, if they give generic answers to questions ask they and cop it for that too.
Either way it's a lose lose situation.

The nrl as an organisation and the so called "media experts" are the worst I've ever seen in my 13 years of following the game, and sadly it's just going to get worse

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is it that not one photo was published?

C'mon do you really think not one pic of the Bronco's was taken by a patron while out playing the pokies before a semi?

I think that there was at least one and the patron sold them to Fairfax who Rupert Murdoch owns and owns part of the Bronco's, correct me if I'm wrong.

If this was the Dog's there would be photo's splashed everywhere let's not kid ourselves here, there were photo/s and were bought with a good deal done with the patron to shut up.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, as much as I can't stand the gronkos, why should people care if they were out all night playing the slappers?

Players can't speak their minds because it gets spun negatively, if they give generic answers to questions ask they and cop it for that too.

The nrl as an organisation and the so called "media experts" are the worst I've ever seen in my 13 years of following the game, and sadly it's just going to get worse
Do you really not get it???!!! Its not about where they were and what they were doing, it was the fact they got smashed 58-0 the next day. No one would have said a thing if they won! And this is the problem, they didn't. And not only did they not win, it was their worse ever loss, and the worst ever final series loss.
So it's impossible to ignore what they did. It may not have been the only reason, but it can not be discounted as one of the reasons. And because of this, of course it was the wrong thing to be doing the night before the game!!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you really not get it???!!! Its not about where they were and what they were doing, it was the fact they got smashed 58-0 the next day. No one would have said a thing if they won! And this is the problem, they didn't. And not only did they not win, it was their worse ever loss, and the worst ever final series loss.
So it's impossible to ignore what they did. It may not have been the only reason, but it can not be discounted as one of the reasons. And because of this, of course it was the wrong thing to be doing the night before the game!!
It's not only the fact that were smashed 58-0
They could have lost that game by a point and there would still be some sort of shit spun to suit the media's agenda. It isn't just about the broncos, it's every club in the game. Players aren't allowed to have a voice without it being muzzled, same can be said for most professional's involved in sport, but its amplified 1000% in this code

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not only the fact that were smashed 58-0
They could have lost that game by a point and there would still be some sort of shit spun to suit the media's agenda. It isn't just about the broncos, it's every club in the game. Players aren't allowed to have a voice without it being muzzled, same can be said for most professional's involved in sport, but its amplified 1000% in this code
There would have been nowhere near as much scrutiny!!! I'm not defending the media, they are scum, but how can you possibly say the players did nothing wrong? 58-0 bro!!!! Like seriously, it lead to an entire club review ffs. A 1 point loss would not have had anywhere near as much of an impact. Probably even none.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There would have been nowhere near as much scrutiny!!! I'm not defending the media, they are scum, but how can you possibly say the players did nothing wrong? 58-0 bro!!!! Like seriously, it lead to an entire club review ffs. A 1 point loss would not have had anywhere near as much of an impact. Probably even none.
I'm not saying they did nothing wrong, I mustn't have made my point clear.

I agree, what they did was stupid, they are professionals playing in the biggest game of the season and their preparation was clearly not up to standard. My point wasn't specifically about the broncos, but everyone in the game. No matter what happens the media always try to look for a reason, or just make one up all in a bid to sell more papers trying to justify why a team lost, or just spread rumours pulled out of thin air trying to pass it off as "fact" about any club, we are a great example of that with the shit that's been spread. Stuff like that's been happenibg for ages, but I think it's been worse this year but some extent. I'm not even going to get started on greenburg, the governing body, and the total lack of consistency or transparency that's currently going on, I think I've raved on for long enough :tearsofjoy:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Probably a story that did not need to be written but nonetheless was.....
Should people care??? Maybe not fans of other clubs but certainly the coach, the team mates who DID NOT break curfew and the fans of the Broncos who expect their team to be fully focused on the job ahead...they got a chance to do what eight other clubs missed out on and they blew it royally.....

There are problems at Red Hill and this lack of discipline and thumbing their nose at their coach is not a good look..

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd be better off keeping Lichaa, that's how bad McClutz is.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
too old, too one dimensional, and would cost too much money

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Pls no I think were alright for now

Malla

Reaction score
Has had a bad run of injuries of late that has definitely impacted him. Was never a great player just good defender but I don’t think he will ever be the same.
His next move will probably be England.. looks like his body can’t hack NRL footy much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.