Andrew Johns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much time he "allegedly" spends with our halves? Honestly it must be a 30 second conference call each week as some of our kicking options/plays in general from our halves continues to boggle my mind.

This is a serious question though, does anyone know?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha, good call. It couldn't be too long considering the number of clubs he has a consultancy role with.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Listning to him and executing is different

K

KL

you cant expect him to make players into superstars.

holdsworth is crap, nothing Joey can do

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
no matter wat Joey tells them, if they dont implement wat he says, it will b of no avail. Some players thrive under pressure, they have the killer punch, while others just dont have what it takes or they cant create when the team is a B team

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
Joey could also complain that he hasn't been given a fg level halfback.
i totally agree that our halves are useless, but whether or not they're capable of improving is beside the point, sort of, when figuring out if we're going to employ joey. if he can't improve them - whether that's because he's not doing enough or because what they give on field is the best they can do - then we shouldn't be wasting our money on him. there's no point keeping on paying him for no benefit and saying 'well, it's not his fault that the players are ****, so we'll keep throwing money at him anyway'.

spend it on something else. maybe on buying a machine gun for bobcat to fire at the opposing team's line, which tbh is probably the only strategy that will guarantee us another win this year.

MANNIX

Black Dog
Reaction score
Will he be any good to us next year with BK on board? Me thinks not.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate Roberts, because earlier in the season he showed us how good he can be.

Holdsworth, His a NSW Cup player at best, If not then Park football.

How he made it to FG? I'll never know

ajcutler

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'd pay big money for our players just to be allowed near Joey. Running Pre season training at some capacity would be great.

Jay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
in one ear, and out the other

Can anyone tell me how much time he "allegedly" spends with our halves? Honestly it must be a 30 second conference call each week as some of our kicking options/plays in general from our halves continues to boggle my mind.

This is a serious question though, does anyone know?
in one ear and out to Robbbbeeerttts, and out on the full. "can you please pay me Mr Greenburg " thanks Mr Johns.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I rate Roberts, because earlier in the season he showed us how good he can be.

Holdsworth, His a NSW Cup player at best, If not then Park football.

How he made it to FG? I'll never know
i agree with your point on roberts...roberts at least has shown promise..holdsworth is just sh!t...get rid of him

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yeah seems strange tbh. he was great in attack and just a little bit of joey would be good but our attack in the halves is woeful to say the least.

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
the gossip column in today's SMH sport section says that joey won't be working for the dogs next year. apparently he doesn't like commuting from his place to homebush.

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
the gossip column in today's SMH sport section says that joey won't be working for the dogs next year. apparently he doesn't like commuting from his place to homebush.
did not help us at all this year so its a mute point anyway.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Joey skips out on Dogs

Andrew Johns won't be a coaching consultant at the Bulldogs next season. Johns told his manager, John Fordham, on Friday he does not have the time to coach the club. Travelling from his new home in Mona Vale to Homebush has become a grind. (Maybe he should try the 374 from Coogee to the City.) There's also rumours he's about to dump the Eels as well - although Fordham said no negotiations for next season had taken place. Johns, who also mentors the Knights' playmakers, has been lobbied by Super 14 teams in South Africa and here. As this column reported earlier this year, Johns has been struggling with his workload. There is no guarantee he will coach NSW next year. It depends on whether Craig Bellamy takes on the job again. A decision is expected in late October. The Blues need both of them.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Joey skips out on Dogs

Andrew Johns won't be a coaching consultant at the Bulldogs next season. Johns told his manager, John Fordham, on Friday he does not have the time to coach the club. Travelling from his new home in Mona Vale to Homebush has become a grind. (Maybe he should try the 374 from Coogee to the City.) There's also rumours he's about to dump the Eels as well - although Fordham said no negotiations for next season had taken place. Johns, who also mentors the Knights' playmakers, has been lobbied by Super 14 teams in South Africa and here. As this column reported earlier this year, Johns has been struggling with his workload. There is no guarantee he will coach NSW next year. It depends on whether Craig Bellamy takes on the job again. A decision is expected in late October. The Blues need both of them.
Where you get this from?
lol he can't exactly coach kimmorely anyway, kimmorely did take him out of his position in the AUS team some years ago so it would be akward him coaching kimmorely lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.