Official Andrew Hill quits

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs have splashed out a bit of money lately. Hope he ain’t leaving cause he knows they have gone over the cap and doesn’t want the hassle of it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Peponis made his own position untenable before he left in my opinion. He distrusted the Andersons and was chummy with Dib and co made moves to bring in extra leagues club directors to give the leagues club more votes when the Anderson board came in. I don't know for sure but suspect he's still salty about losing out in a power struggle and looking to destabilize confidence in this board when elections aren't so far away to give himself a chance of election.

Hills comments while possibly face saving would indicate it was his choice. What Khoury said also leads me to believe that he made the decision himself.

Ask yourself this question.
What benefit would it be to the club to lie and say he resigned if they've axed him?
My logical answer would be that there's virtually nothing to gain. If they sacked him and admitted to it there's no controversy and us fans move on.

Now ask this one.
What benefit is there for the media in creating a story of continued infighting and that someone that has appeared to be doing a good job gets suddenly sacked.
My logical answer is that they can play this out for at least a few days and sell a load of papers based on what is potentially a lie. It would be a very short story if they simply said Hill stepped down. They can imply the club are lying about this with almost complete impunity for lying. A story about us sacking someone is just better business.

I guess in a few days it'll be very interesting if Hill is announced in another role. But in the meanwhile we'll probably have to put up with the media screaming about those horrible Bulldogs. To be honest I couldn't give a fat rats ass if Hill walked away or was booted as long as the football we play next year is good.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spot on your last sentence Alan! zero fucks given also as long as our boys get out there and restore some pride in our great fucking club which is what its all about.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is a surprise tbh as from the outside hill did see to do well once the andersons pissed off but without knowing internally what was going on hard to know,seems like a ruthless business call made

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs and chief executive Andrew Hill have parted ways.

Hill has led the re-build of Belmore heading into this year including the appointment of coach Trent Barrett.

The move comes as a shock given the high profile recruits the Bulldogs have signed this year including Kyle Flanagan, Nick Cotric, Jack Hetherington and in recent days Corey Allen.

Hill was appointed in 2017 after a long stint at the NRL. He took on a Bulldogs club engulfed by constant boardroom battles and an out of shape salary cap.

Maybe his getting out before the next salary cap scandal hits, hope we haven't over spent again ( Just Kidding ) hope we get someone good to replace him, the timing is a big shock .

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Peponis made his own position untenable before he left in my opinion. He distrusted the Andersons and was chummy with Dib and co made moves to bring in extra leagues club directors to give the leagues club more votes when the Anderson board came in. I don't know for sure but suspect he's still salty about losing out in a power struggle and looking to destabilize confidence in this board when elections aren't so far away to give himself a chance of election.

Hills comments while possibly face saving would indicate it was his choice. What Khoury said also leads me to believe that he made the decision himself.

Ask yourself this question.
What benefit would it be to the club to lie and say he resigned if they've axed him?
My logical answer would be that there's virtually nothing to gain. If they sacked him and admitted to it there's no controversy and us fans move on.

Now ask this one.
What benefit is there for the media in creating a story of continued infighting and that someone that has appeared to be doing a good job gets suddenly sacked.
My logical answer is that they can play this out for at least a few days and sell a load of papers based on what is potentially a lie. It would be a very short story if they simply said Hill stepped down. They can imply the club are lying about this with almost complete impunity for lying. A story about us sacking someone is just better business.

I guess in a few days it'll be very interesting if Hill is announced in another role. But in the meanwhile we'll probably have to put up with the media screaming about those horrible Bulldogs. To be honest I couldn't give a fat rats ass if Hill walked away or was booted as long as the football we play next year is good.
Goodness me...You have absolutely nailed it.
I purposely waited to comment on the situation and I will give you a hint by asking everyone this question
If he is such a great CEO why did he need Lynne Anderson to accompany him to the UK in order to convince Thompson to join us early ???
Maybe Mr Hill can answer this question.
I am disappointed that Dr Peponis has chosen to express his disappointment to our common enemy the media.
I am " absolutely shocked " That Ba had chosen to do the same.
I loved and admired these two club greats, but what they should have done is grab the phone and call the chairman...
They would have probably saved themselves from the shock and disappointment.
Unity is strength...The media can go to hell.
In the meantime...It's full steam ahead !!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very surprising. He ended up proving himself and doing a good job. I'm sure we'll have a capable replacement lined up.

Credit to Hill for taking the job when it was a shit storm, riding it out and helping the club come out the other side. He did well in the face of a lot of adversity.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think he must have left on his own terms looking at the wording of both his and khoury's statements. Also if we have an interim for the time being then i doubt that the club wouldve sacked him without a ready replacement this close to the season. Maybe hills got a better offer elsewhere like melbourne but either way i think he did a decent job after the andersons left. wouldve been a hard 3 years for anyone. good luck to him

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just hope that he hasn't quit because of pressure from rival factions to take over the club.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dogs have splashed out a bit of money lately. Hope he ain’t leaving cause he knows they have gone over the cap and doesn’t want the hassle of it.
Not a chance, our buying has been astute & no real overs with the exception of Cotric but that signing built momentum and interest for the next few signings. This was always the year our cap became healthy and we also released guys like Foran and Tolman who were taking up 1.2M and 700k per year respectively... that’s a big chunk.

We are flying, why can’t everyone accept the bloke just wants to move on?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a chance, our buying has been astute & no real overs with the exception of Cotric but that signing built momentum and interest for the next few signings. This was always the year our cap became healthy and we also released guys like Foran and Tolman who were taking up 1.2M and 700k per year respectively... that’s a big chunk.

We are flying, why can’t everyone accept the bloke just wants to move on?
I dont think he wanted to leave i feel it was the club for some reason didn’t want him and clearly have someone they want in the role.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I saw that on Sunrise this morning lol... they really are clueless. It's not the first time they've associated us with those Victards either!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think he wanted to leave i feel it was the club for some reason didn’t want him and clearly have someone they want in the role.
Could be, but his resignation has nothing to do with our salary cap, or future state of the salary cap management. For mine, it’s a commercial decision made by the club or a change of scenery for Hill.

Though if Coorey and/or Dib return, comments retracted!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hill is enough of a journeyman that I don't think he's become personally attached to the club. If there's a beneficial time for him to leave it's when things appear to be going very well. Right now it would appear that he's (1) Nailed recruitment targets lately. (2) Bought in a few good sponsors. (3) Ushered in a harmonious board after the media reported on supposed infighting.

So it makes sense for him to move while he's seen to be doing a great job. If he pops up with another job quickly I'd assume that he lined it up before resigning.