Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forget the rubbish in newspapers & media

The big point presented at our members Meeting in May this year was:

We Had 25 of 30 spots filled for next season with more than $500,000 to spend

Since then we have released Mbye & Woods .. however the media still continue to push the line of us needing to shed more players for 2019

The media dont know the the details of any clubs salary cap so they either speculate or go off what they are fed by the by the clubs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Forget the rubbish in newspapers & media

The big point presented at our members Meeting in May this year was:

We Had 25 of 30 spots filled for next season with more than $500,000 to spend

Since then we have released Mbye & Woods .. however the media still continue to push the line of us needing to shed more players for 2019
Don't let the truth get in the way of getting clicks...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't let the truth get in the way of getting clicks...
I read that as "Don't let the truth get in the way of getting chicks"

Obviously, I need to get laid lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've been told first hand by 2 separate journos from leading publications, that the salary cap numbers they get are guesses.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pretty clear Hill and the club are spinning shit and leaking things to the media to push their narrative.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Pretty clear Hill and the club are spinning shit and leaking things to the media to push their narrative.
If this is the case then all articles would say ‘sources have told me’ or they would “quote the source” to back up their articles.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So earlier this year we had $500k for 5 players. We're paying Woods and Mbye to play elsewhere. Let's say we get $500k from each of them being released - gives us $1.5 million to fill 7 spots (because they've gone).

You're not going to be able to sign a marquee player with that money plus fill 6 spots. Even $1.5 mil divided by 7 players give you just over $200k a player - so you're not getting minimum wage players but you're also not getting anything special at that money.

I don't get why people want to think the club has a shitload of money and don't want to sign anyone. Sure maybe the situation isn't as bad as the media makes out but I don't think we've got millions in free cap space and don't want to sign anyone.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't get why people want to think the club has a shitload of money and don't want to sign anyone. Sure maybe the situation isn't as bad as the media makes out but I don't think we've got millions in free cap space and don't want to sign anyone.
Morris brothers gone, Eastwood gone. You can't tell me that money is all accounted for.

Graham and Kasiano surely we aren't paying anything towards any more.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Morris brothers gone, Eastwood gone. You can't tell me that money is all accounted for.

Graham and Kasiano surely we aren't paying anything towards any more.
Mbye and the other guy. The fat bloke what's his name? Woods.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If this is the case then all articles would say ‘sources have told me’ or they would “quote the source” to back up their articles.
Not at all, that would defeat the purpose of leaking the info in the first place. It's way too convenient that in the lead up to the meeting we had talk about our cap being absolutely fucked. We then find out from Hill during rhe meeting we're fucked but not as fucked as was made out by the media.

Then again we had it when Hill said the club wasn't actively shopping players around...that was bs. Everyone knew we were happy to move players on. A simple conversation with the players manager would have set things in motion and then when another club made an offer Hill could claim another club approached us with an offer.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
Word is between Mybe and Woods We got about 1.4-1.5 million back in the cap for next year.

We also got some extra room on this years cap because we released them early and brought in minimum wage replacements (Lewis etc) meaning we can front load a few of next years contracts approx $400K

We had $500K as per Hills statement

So we should have approx $2.3 to $2.4 million cap space next year for 7 players.

$330k average per player, you can get decent players for that sort of money.

J Moz just signed at the Sharks for less apparently!

A few more minimum wage guys, lets us buy a few $400K + type players, you can get value at those numbers.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I personally think the club was not being truthful at the members meeting.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think the club was not being truthful at the members meeting.
ok I get that and can maybe understand the motivation but... at least two organizations know exactly how much we have spent on next years cap and how many players we still need to sign.
1) The bulldogs
2) The NRL. wasn't toddy at the meeting?

if it was bullshit Todd would know, and why would he feel it necessary to cover for them he owes them nothing. The old board though were indirectly responsible for getting him his job at NRL HQ. So if he was going to cover wouldn't it be downplaying how bad, not letting them blame the old board for a non existant mess.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should sign Hayne.

It’ll give us some upside and it’ll white ant pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.