Andrew Fifita set to sue Canterbury Bulldogs for $3.2 million over contract offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Statute of limitations, anyone?!

"CONTRACT

The limitation period applicable to this area of the law differs depending on whether a simple contract or a deed is involved. With simple contracts the time period is 6 years calculated from the point of breach. With deeds a longer period applies (12 to 20 years depending on the jurisdiction). Expiry of the applicable limitation period does not discharge the contract; it merely terminates the right to sue. Unless a court can be persuaded to extend time, the right of action simply lapses."

taken from http://www.ahernslawyers.com.au/latest-news/statute-of-limitations/

Good luck Andrew. My employment contracts contain confidentiality clauses, his likely did. Didn't he tweet about it which rescinded the offer?

~c.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Statute of limitations, anyone?!

"CONTRACT

The limitation period applicable to this area of the law differs depending on whether a simple contract or a deed is involved. With simple contracts the time period is 6 years calculated from the point of breach. With deeds a longer period applies (12 to 20 years depending on the jurisdiction). Expiry of the applicable limitation period does not discharge the contract; it merely terminates the right to sue. Unless a court can be persuaded to extend time, the right of action simply lapses."

taken from http://www.ahernslawyers.com.au/latest-news/statute-of-limitations/

Good luck Andrew. My employment contracts contain confidentiality clauses, his likely did. Didn't he tweet about it which rescinded the offer?

~c.
has it been 6 years?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
has it been 6 years?
Nope, beginning of 2014 was when this turmoil happened .. and appears still to have been running behind the scenes. If so, his legal retainers would be blowing out big time! Probably just leveraging off of Hasler's similar situation to fuel the fire.

~c.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
This is a strategic play by his lawyer. They know that the club will be hard pushed to fight one court case, Let alone two. The odds of settlement out of court will be much higher.

The dogs may very well not want to deal with the media and reputation as drama of having two court cases dragged through the media.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doesn’t stand a chance.
He’s trying to use the hasler situation to paint the club in a certain light, but they’re two very different cases.
He basically said publicly that he didn’t want to play for the bulldogs.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can counter sue that he breached the “dumb ****” terms of his “contract”.
Didn’t this bellend publicly state that he only signed for us for the money and didn’t really want to play for us? something along those lines

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too drunk to comment critically, but someone here predicted this.
Your drunk. Hmmm why doesnt that surpise me. You right all of your posts when your drunk dont you? That will explain why you want Klemmer at centre Frawley at lock and Holland will be next aus fullback.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can counter sue that he breached the “dumb **** terms of his “contract”.
Didn’t this bellend publicly state that he only signed for us for the money and didn’t really want to play for us? something along those line.
Yep , alluding to him not intending to fulfil the complete unspoken obligations of his contract but I don't know if that's evidence enough for a breach on his part

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The person who keeps pushing this is weedler.

Maybe I'm wrong but for example he was going to get $800k from us. Sharks offer him $700k. What's he fighting for the difference less legal fees.

I hope the club drag it through the courts so even if he wins he ends up with nothing.

Also if he was playing desball his value and game would most likely have gone backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.