Andersons

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Board, CEO, coach, asst coaches, Ayoub, Des, conditioning staff, players, local kebab shop and kfc have all copped some blame for our past few seasons.

Results have been diabolical no question.

But fair to say things look on the up and well managed, in all facets, of the welfare of our beloved Dogs at this stage.

Poor results next season and the blame game and questioning of coach and Board's credentials will start up again.

And again others will blame the players and say its a crap roster.

That's what happens in professional sports. Live and die on results.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The two people obsessed with blaming them are both now banned
Fanatical over zealous support for anything or any point of view is wrong, but I would hope that their support for or against the Anderson's, Pay or particular players is not the reason for their penalty. Because if it is and the site is fair, all those with just as fanatical support against their view should be sin binned as well.

Its hypocritical to start a thread or post comments calling for unity of supporters while also rubbing people noses in your "perceived" correct point of view. I for one, along with comments I had heard from sponsors seriously doubted Pays capacity and was concerned by the silence of the board/CEO about the direction of the team and our results.

But in recent weeks, we have signed a couple of good players, won 5 from 7 and more importantly looked like we are playing for each other, the club and the coach.The Anderson's and CEO have also spoken to the media about the plan and the faith they have in the systems and structure being put in place. All of it good stuff.

We dont all agree on some things but thats good. I rate and believe Lewis must be in the side somewhere and yet plenty on here dont but thats ok because its an opinion. The one thing that isn't negotiable is "We are all Bulldog Supporter's"

Argue, debate and differ in opinion but leave the personal shit and attacks or sniping for the supporters of the other 15 crappy clubs.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fanatical over zealous support for anything or any point of view is wrong, but I would hope that their support for or against the Anderson's, Pay or particular players is not the reason for their penalty. Because if it is and the site is fair, all those with just as fanatical support against their view should be sin binned as well.

Its hypocritical to start a thread or post comments calling for unity of supporters while also rubbing people noses in your "perceived" correct point of view. I for one, along with comments I had heard from sponsors seriously doubted Pays capacity and was concerned by the silence of the board/CEO about the direction of the team and our results.

But in recent weeks, we have signed a couple of good players, won 5 from 7 and more importantly looked like we are playing for each other, the club and the coach.The Anderson's and CEO have also spoken to the media about the plan and the faith they have in the systems and structure being put in place. All of it good stuff.

We dont all agree on some things but thats good. I rate and believe Lewis must be in the side somewhere and yet plenty on here dont but thats ok because its an opinion. The one thing that isn't negotiable is "We are all Bulldog Supporter's"

Argue, debate and differ in opinion but leave the personal shit and attacks or sniping for the supporters of the other 15 crappy clubs.
I think that is your best post ever.

Well said and pretty much signifies the Canterbury supporter base. In the end, we have blue and white in our eyes, but all eyes see different things. Debate isn’t a bad thing if there are points to each argument. Let’s keep it at that

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said and pretty much signifies the Canterbury supporter base. In the end, we have blue and white in our eyes, but all eyes see different things. Debate isn’t a bad thing if there are points to each argument. Let’s keep it at that
Us older guys grew up under bullfrog we got something to compare to but no beef with the andersons slow and steady things take time we are seeing the green shoots now next year we bloom

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
End of last year we had some optimism as well. Fantastic efforts by all at the club, no doubt. But if we start next year with 3 wins form 17 odd rounds, recent efforts will be for nought.

I'm enjoying it now, though. Last night was fantastic, although a little frustrating at times (Reimis, WTF?)

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree with you mate - except 6 from 8 sounds better (but not as good as 8 from 10).

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Don’t jump the gun to soon. It’s great to win but in a way it’s kinda meaningless. Our season is over. We should of played like this at the start of the year and same thing happened last season winning when it’s already over

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Very true. We all see Blue and white, just different shades of blue and white lol.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rule number one...Always be optimistic !
Rule number two...Don't count your chickens before they hatch !
I am enjoying the great efforts by the team lately but...
Despite Hitler's ugly under the radar boring brand of football (except for 2012) we all hated him for it,
in 6 years he managed to get us to 5 finals and 2 grand finals yet we now claim glorious success for winning few games,
I hope the Andersons & Co are Truly Loyal and not just Royals !!!
Let's be clear about this...Their success means our clubs success !!!
Then and only then I will forgive and forget !!!

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are all over the moon as we should be but lets not forget that our resent wins have not been as a result of dominating other teams, we won as result of shear determination, and the players deserve all the accolades in the world.
I won't be expecting us to put other teams to the soard and win games by big scores in 2020, I would just be happy with us been competitive in most games unlike in most games earlier on this year.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t jump the gun to soon. It’s great to win but in a way it’s kinda meaningless. Our season is over. We should of played like this at the start of the year and same thing happened last season winning when it’s already over
ummmm...yeh nah, look I understand you're one of the negative nancies on here, which is fine, each to their own opinion.
But I just like to point some differences to you this time around. This time around our players are a year older, a year wiser and have an extra 24 games under their belts. (For example, JMK version 2019 is daylights ahead of JMK 2018)
The big difference is that we've let in only 3 tries over the last 4 weeks. Our victories are based on defence and defence is all about attitude and attitude builds character, that's how players become seasoned professionals. Next year they will be more experienced with new additions to the squad.

Believe it or not but we've actually improved on last year. Last year we finished on 18 points with 8 wins(which we have surpassed). It is quite possible that we may end up on 24 points this year with 11 wins. Proofs in the pudding buddy!

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
ummmm...yeh nah, look I understand you're one of the negative nancies on here, which is fine, each to their own opinion.
But I just like to point some differences to you this time around. This time around our players are a year older, a year wiser and have an extra 24 games under their belts. (For example, JMK version 2019 is daylights ahead of JMK 2018)
The big difference is that we've let in only 3 tries over the last 4 weeks. Our victories are based on defence and defence is all about attitude and attitude builds character, that's how players become seasoned professionals. Next year they will be more experienced with new additions to the squad.

Believe it or not but we've actually improved on last year. Last year we finished on 18 points with 8 wins(which we have surpassed). It is quite possible that we may end up on 24 points this year with 11 wins. Proofs in the pudding buddy!
Lol

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The signing of DWZ was significant. From the 16s through to Flegg theres a sprinkling of genuine first grade potential quality players - this has not been the case since about 2011/12. Changes in support personnel at the junior development level will hopefully continue the re building of the club not just the first grade team. Anderson and board are driving that - still a long way to go before being on par with roosters and storm club strength.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Well said

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Great point with the boys having more time in FG under their belt that’s why the saying goes you can’t buy experience. I think it’s the same for the coach.. whether we like him or not the reality is he is a rookie coach and is going to have to learn along the way from his mistakes. Just depends how patient the fans and the board are cause we are a proud club that demand results.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's actually not over!