1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion Anderson and Hill

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Spoonman84, May 18, 2018.

1. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

Over the last few weeks I was starting to have reservations about the clubs administration and new board but after last night it’s safe to say the club is in good hands. The way they have handled this mess has been very professional in my opinion and they have been honest and kept the members and fans informed.

The club has already started recruiting gun juniors and with the way they explained they will be using the cap from now on it’s good to know we can never get in this mess again.

It’s still a long road back but I think we have the right people in place to get back to the top. Hats off to Hill and the board!

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 27
    • Best Post Best Post x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. G_Dog_Rota

G_Dog_Rota Moderator Staff Member

Well Said.. its most supporters first opportunity to get real impression on the new administration and Id have to say no complaints so far..

Lets hope this is a massive turning point in our clubs fortunes.

#making_the_dogs_mighty_again

• Like Like x 5
  3. Godberts

Godberts Kennel Enthusiast

Yeah I agree with this poster. I’m really happy at the moment.

Unfortunately the idiots on this forum will say Pay has no idea unless we come top 4 and we won’t win until Cleeland plays. However the club is in great hands moving forward

• Like Like x 2
  4. timetopisshasleroff

timetopisshasleroff Forum Regular

Agreed, breath of fresh air!

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  5. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

I'm liking what I am reading and hearing from Hill.

• Like Like x 1
  6. finchie

finchie Immortal

I still think it can be fixed a lot quicker than they are letting on
    Even if it takes some tough decisions and cuts
    I’d prefer short term pain for long term gain

3 years to fix any mess is a cop out and I won’t accept that.

Clubs can turn things around In 12-18 months max

Cut some dead wood players and purchase the best young talent coming through in nzld, Fiji, jersey flegg and nsw cup.

There’s a freak fb for the warriors who would do a better job than the imposter we have there on a third of his money.
    Just an idea

• Like Like x 3
  7. G_Dog_Rota

G_Dog_Rota Moderator Staff Member

its probably a worst case scenario thing .. keeping expectations in check, but quietly aiming higher

Just like when you order a pizza and they say an hour, but it turns up in 30 mins :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Godberts

Godberts Kennel Enthusiast

Perhaps. However clubs know our desperate situation. Also no Club will sign Tolman for over 200k Eg we would have to pay 600k. How do we get ahead. If we wanted to get ahead quicker we would have to let go of Klemmer.

Also because of Hasler we have basically 0 decent young players so we can’t even use that as bargaining power

9. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

This great club will never make this kind of monumental stuff up again!

As long as Turvey is on the board with Terry Lamb somewhere else in the background. I'm happy. Those 2 BLEED blue and white.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. wendog22

wendog22 Forum Regular

Was he there last night?

11. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

Wouldn't have a clue, I wasn't there (I'm not a member). I'm sure he would've been though.

12. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Immortal

I like Hill.. I have major reservations about Lynne Anderson still though..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vlasnik

Vlasnik Immortal

First time in a long time that I actually feel like the club is moving in the right direction. The parasites in Dib, Castle and Hasler have left the building. Now it's time to blood new young players, get rid of the dead wood and see out these back ended contracts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  14. Gabs

Gabs Dumbfounded

Despite the fact that the crowd was serious and the mood was not great, I thought Hill handled himself very well. He was even quite witty at times which lightened things up. Smart operator.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jasonsmith11

jasonsmith11 Forum Regular

scott hill

16. Raysie

Raysie Immortal

My major issue with the previous administration was how out of the loop they left us. We were lied to over and over and we were made to feel and look pretty dumb in the end.

Transparency is what I ask for, and this is a good way forward. We know what we're working with now and the ball is already running with a couple of promising young signings at a good price. The Bulldogs don't need star signings, we need to go back to our roots which was pick up young potential that no body else saw and turn them into Bulldogs pedigree.

I think our biggest recent issue was signing Foran and Woods. The money spent on them could have been used to blood young guys plus free us some cap space. Overall we wouldn't be in a much different position right now anyway on-field. The Foran/Woods signings were obviously a reactive and hasty decision made by the previous administration to save face, but if anything it was just another fuck up we'll now be paying for for the next 3 years at least.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. BlackDawg

BlackDawg Forum Regular

Communication, Governance & having the correct skill sets for the correct roles is key. I am happy with the information released by the board regarding our cap. It was succinct and transparent. As fans we at least know where we sit. 2019 & 2020 are going to be a slog but they have put light at the end of the tunnel. I truly hope we have some juniors that are truly exciting & that we can retain them. That will be difficult given our 2 year holding pattern. Promising start for the board...lets hope they keep delivering.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Gabs

Gabs Dumbfounded

According to Deano last night there are 5 or 6 players coming through which have been identified from Jersey Flegg and some more in the grand final SG Ball team that are capable of first grade in the future. They are all apparently a "year young", so they have another season in each comp before potentially moving up.

Having seen a fair bit of both teams, there is some decent talent coming through but its going to take time and an investment in youth. There is no quick fix and I tend to agree that chewing up a large chunk of the cap seeking instant success is more likely to back fire than anything else.

We need to see this 'rebuild' for what it is, a long term project, requiring at least 3-4 seasons before we become ultra competitive with the big boys.

19. Wenger

Wenger Kennel Addict

Imagine Des, Dib & Castle signing Taumalolo on a 10 year deal!

On his 10th year he would be the only player in the squad

• Like Like x 3
  20. Novdoggie

Novdoggie Kennel Enthusiast

True, they are all dealing with the crap left from Dib and Des with professionalism. Sure they identified the old regime for causing this mess but they aren't out there trashing them which they could understandably do.

It shows there are no ego's in the background...refreshing to say the least.

• Like Like x 1