Ancestry and heritage

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Would love to get a proper test done one day.

- Maltese (75%) / Scottish (25%) (Mum's side)
- Lebanese (50%) / Syrian (50%) (Dad's side)

I really don't understand enough about the Syrian roots. My grandmother on my dad's side was born there and moved to Lebanon, but I have no idea if she was Arab, Kurd etc.My Grandmother is white and has green eyes so don't know if that helps lol

Will be really interesting for my future kids. My wife-to-be is Chinese/Singaporean background but her mum and her grandmother on her dad's side were both adopted, so there's a lot of unknown there.
Wow you're Lebanese too? Looks like you and I are a lot closer than I knew lol.

I reckon your grandmother has a lot of Syrian roots because green eyes in Lebanon is usually the Syrians.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
To be honest, I've never really given much though to my ancestry/ethnicity. Just don't care. Does this make me a bit weird?
No, if your a white Aussie you probably wouldn’t care so much. But if your mixed like myself you probably have questions.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mine had a lot of Swedish/Norwegian & even indian (Maybe that’s why I get on ok with Nasheed) haha. The Nordic results explain my hair, light eyes, height & build but who knows how accurate these tests really are

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fun fact if you were Lebanese it would come up as: Lebanese-Syrian on ancestry.com not as central Asia-South... further providing that you are indeed a troll that has nothing better to do in their life than to muck around on a bulldogs forum... honestly quite sad.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saxon. An aunty has traced the lineage to a Scottish clan that instigated the overthrow of a king back when it was very fashionable. At least I know where I get my disdain for authority. :grinning:

Me - "Fark off"
Boss - "You can't say that"
Me - "Yes I can as it's my cultural heritage...carnt!"

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Fun fact if you were Lebanese it would come up as: Lebanese-Syrian on ancestry.com not as central Asia-South... further providing that you are indeed a troll that has nothing better to do in their life than to muck around on a bulldogs forum... honestly quite sad.
How does that prove that?
All that would mean if you are right is that my understanding of the result is wrong, which it isnt.
Lebanon is in the Central Asia south region and I believe that is an indicator of my lebanese heritage which so many people seem to dispute here.

Wahesh

Reaction score
How does that prove that?
All that would mean if you are right is that my understanding of the result is wrong, which it isnt.
Lebanon is in the Central Asia south region and I believe that is an indicator of my lebanese heritage which so many people seem to dispute here.
Do you have any idea how many countries are in Southern Central Asia? That possible 1% has a higher chance of being Afghani, Iraqi, Irani or Syrian more than Lebanese.

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you have any idea how many countries are in Southern Central Asia? That possible 1% has a higher chance of being Afghani, Iraqi, Irani or Syrian more than Lebanese.
Honestly brother don't give the troll the time of day, he's not worth messaging for.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Iraqi? Don't fucking give him to us, we already have enough problems.
You've got Lebanese blood in yourself too - so I'm trying to shift the possible association you have with him so it clears me :D

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of genetics. Anyone in most of the UK and surrounding area, including Ireland, have Viking DNA. Although that's a bit of a misnomer as "viking" technically isn't a culture. It just means "to raid", but most of the UK people have the DNA of Northern Europeans who raided the UK in Viking style.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure why that all came out in italics.