Anasta, Mason next: Noad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Anasta, Mason next: Noad

14 April 2005

Re-signing NRL superstar Sonny Bill Williams was tough - now the hard work starts for Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad.

The NRL's hottest property is off the market again after New Zealand international Williams, 19, re-signed for another two years in a deal reportedly worth $400,000 a season.

It ended lengthy negotiations stalled first by an ankle injury to Williams and then most recently by a bout of mumps.

But Noad admits there's no time to sit on his hands with class pivot Braith Anasta and Willie Mason still to commit.

Mason looks set test the market after the June 30 anti-tampering deadline, putting Anasta firmly in the Bulldogs' sights.

"That's in an ideal world (re-signing both Mason and Anasta) but it is going to be extremely difficult to do it," Noad said.

"We have a strategy in place that I am not about to state to the rest of the world (and) we've got other players as well (to re-sign).

"The salary cap is the most difficult thing to manage at a football club but now we've got Sonny ...we know what we can work with."

Williams joined skipper Andrew Ryan and Queensland centre Willie Tonga as high profile players re-signed by the Bulldogs.

Noad hoped Williams's signature would have a domino effect with Mason and Anasta.

"Sonny's the third of our players off contract that we have signed to extended contracts," Noad said.

"We are pleased about that but obviously now we've got to balance the budget going forward - at least we now know what that budget is."

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said: "It's unfortunate that success brings problems with the salary cap and so forth but that will be sorted out in the future.

Source: NRL.com

Tassie Dog

The Mouth Of The South
Reaction score
The first player they should sign is the player who hasn't shown a lack of interest in the blue and white colours. And that isn't Mason.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I rekon Braith will stay. That business deal he was sweating on went through.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yea we need braithy.. also just want to let u know a few rumours going round

1) Jason Cayless maybe become a Bulldog in the near future
2) Bailey is looks to be at cronulla shire next year

D

Danish

Theres no way the dogs can re-sign all 3. Even if there is room under the cap (not likely considering they are using every penny right now), why would you want to blow $1 mill on 3 players? The dogs would fall to pieces as all other off contract players in the next 2 years would leave.

Anyone know how much longer Sherwin's contract has?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The dogs are gonna resign all three mate.

Anasta has all but signed.

Mason will accept the offer of $350,000.

Sherwin is off-contract in 2008, but you can have him. We'll snap up Wing or some other quality player if he decides to join the Roosters.

A

atomic_crimson

sherwin has said he wants to remain a dog for life... meh we will see if it happens..

D

Danish

Your dedset crazy if you think the Dogs will be able to buy anyone after spending $1 million+ on 3 players. Sherwin will go, and you wont be buying Wing. He's a rooster for life, and he'll be commanding $400K on the open market easy.

Dogs signing all 3 of these players will be the death of the club. They'll be relying on 2 forwards and 1 play maker who's only had as many form games as Williams has played in his life, and they wont be able to buy them any help.

A

atomic_crimson

if gold coast comes in the dogs will lose tonga and lolesi fo sho... (hopefully not jlo) then hazem will be hittin retirement around the time others need re-signing...

however im still sayin 400k for sonny is too much!

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Habib said:
The dogs are gonna resign all three mate.

Anasta has all but signed.

Mason will accept the offer of $350,000.

Sherwin is off-contract in 2008, but you can have him. We'll snap up Wing or some other quality player if he decides to join the Roosters.
i like your attitude towards the dogs re signing all three but saying roosters can have sherwin, mate your got serious problems buddy. sherwin is a dog for ever. i wouldnt swap him for any rooster EVER

dogs to win agianst the poosters!!!!!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah Tonga and Jlo are gone to the gold coast waves.

Sherwin was our highest paid player before we just resigned Sonny. Sherwin isn't going anywhere anyway, he's a St Chrisso junior, and JC will be in his face @ the pub. You support the Roosters, you should move on and take a hike.

As for Craig Wing, he'll sell his soul to play with Sonny Bill.

Sounds like we haven't heard the last of you bro, because I have it on good word when we do sign everyone, we'll be picking up a few fringe first graders aswell.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
craig said:
i like your attitude towards the dogs re signing all three but saying roosters can have sherwin, mate your got serious problems buddy. sherwin is a dog for ever. i wouldnt swap him for any rooster EVER

dogs to win agianst the poosters!!!!!!
dude, I said that IF HE'LL JOIN THE ROOSTERS and jump ship to Danish's club.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
you should be scared danish. imagine if we paid sonny bill $125,000 to stay? we probably would of picked up cayless and bailey. I would be cheering if I was you.

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
No doubt Mason will sign a deal with the Roosters at 1 am on July 1st.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sharks and storm hot favourites to get him. not sydney city chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.