An Ugly Win: Josh Reynolds Blog Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Well it was good to get a win last night but gee it was ugly. I love playing against Parramatta and I really get up for the games with them. I love playing every game but to have them as our neighbours and growing up and playing against a lot of the guys really spurs me on.

It was a tale of two halves for us last night with the first half having plenty of flair and attack whilst the second was all about defence. We pride ourselves on our defence and whilst we let in probably one or two more tries than we would’ve liked it was good to get the win.

We’re pretty pleased to have got the result last night but we know this week we’ll have to do a lot of work with the Melbourne match next up. They are the benchmark and I personally need to keep improving so I’m able to compete with the best players in the game. I want to become the best player I can be and I know I’ve got a long way to go.

That try I scored last night really got me pumped up. It was a bit of a miss play really, I’m not really sure who the ball was for. I drifted across field with the ball and I noticed that the centre had jammed in a bit, I threw the dummy and was lucky enough to get through. I then got to (Jarryd) Hayne and he was doing well and ended up running with me, I then threw the second dummy and he drifted off me slightly and luckily enough I was able to get to the line from there. I think the forwards earned that one for us, they’d worked really hard in the middle and that brought the defence in a bit so the gaps were there, they deserve the credit.

The second half saw us constantly defending. No one likes making mistakes or giving away penalties but we just kept saying to each other to stay positive and the hard work we’d done in the pre-season will help us through it. We could see the frustration on each others face and we were our own worst enemy out there. We just kept letting them in and we should have put them away but we were lucky enough to hold on.

We’ve got a lot to work on this week at training, our opening two games just haven’t been of the standard that we expect of ourselves. A few of the boys have come in today to do a few things and we’ve discussed the need to get better. We’re all on the same page so it’s just about getting it right.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Is this blog for real ? or Vargsters impressions of what Josh would blog ? if yes where do you find it ?

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
One of the only few that could hold his head high for his whole game effort..marvelous intensity shown. Has over taken Barba as my favorite player ages ago.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
He may not have a journo career in his future but his football career is looking golden.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
The try he scored was Ricky Stuart like , amazing

But will have to improve to match the Storm

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
had an awesome game for us...was really proud of his efforts and look forward to him improving during the season

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If genuine that's awesome to hear from a player and how the game was for them, great idea! Would welcome more of it too, maybe something from a forward and from a back describing the battle each week. Personally for me any win whatsoever while the bulk of our strike players are away is a massive achievement and great exposure to second string players. Will be a huge advantage blooding these players early on so if anything happens they are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.