An itty bitty engagement ring...

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a lady works at coffee shop. nice lady but I've noticed she has an itty bitty Tini tiny engagement / wedding ring.

I mean you need to put it under a microscope to see if it has a diamond in it. It would have cost $60

Ive always been of the theory , buy your woman a proper engagement / wedding ring. For many reasons including the following (in order of importance) ...

1. If you spend up big on an engagement ring and she accepts, when you are married and want to buy yourself that new car or go with your mates to Vegas, then she says "it's a waste of money" that's when you throw it in her face and say you accepted the ring didn't you? Then you checkmate them, get your new car, go to Vegas whatever.

2. Do you want them to be embarrassed for the rest of their lives? Hiding their hand in front of their friends so as not to show the ring. The ring has to be the best in her group of friends or competitive .

3. Do you want your mates / family to think you are a mug? They think you treat her like crap if you don't buy em a decent ring. It's a status thing also, cheap ring for a caravan park type of girl, expensive ring for a quality girl

4. If you buy em a cheap ring, good luck getting your new car one day or going to Vegas with the boys.. she will always remind you of the cheap ring.. no money for that..

This lady is so nice I'm thinking of just buying her a decent ring, throw that shit ring in the rubbish and I'll get her a proper ring. If I meet her husband I'll give him a beating, cheap bastard.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I swear this is Blue Boost. Always getting involved in other peoples lives and stirring shit :p

The Esme Watson of The Kennel.

images.jpeg.jpg

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Maybe it's as simple as she's a quality lady who doesn't feel the need to live a life that revolves around materialistic crap. If you need to have materialistic stuff to make you feel better about yourself you're a dickhead, male or female.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How many euros is good to spend on an engagement ring that's minimum 'good'? Before it gets cheap yuck

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe it's as simple as she's a quality lady who doesn't feel the need to live a life that revolves around materialistic crap. If you need to have materialistic stuff to make you feel better about yourself you're a dickhead, male or female.
Unfortunately a lot of people believe material possessions define them as a human.

I mean if I ever do become multimillionaire rich I'm going to buy a McLaren.

But a supercar does to the same thing as any other working automobile.
Just in a McLaren you will be more noticed and have an abundance of miserable, 0 personality gold digging whores wanting to marry you just because you drive a McLaren.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If I got rich I would build a luxury bunker hidden beneath my house. Something to chill through a nuclear apocalypse or walking dead/tha road,alien invasion etc

I've thought this through.
In regular life it will be my vault where I keep my cash and jewels and frozen meat and food (as well as my stockpiles aside) my cellar and DVD cabinet so when it hits the fan I'm set down there and if there's nothing hitting the fan it's basically my storage for all the above.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cost of a ring shouldnt matter at all in my opinion you don't need to break the bank to show someone you love them.
Rather spend that money doing the car up, ie bigger turbo, etc etc. Priorities lol jokes

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a lady works at coffee shop. nice lady but I've noticed she has an itty bitty Tini tiny engagement / wedding ring.

I mean you need to put it under a microscope to see if it has a diamond in it. It would have cost $60

Ive always been of the theory , buy your woman a proper engagement / wedding ring. For many reasons including the following (in order of importance) ...

1. If you spend up big on an engagement ring and she accepts, when you are married and want to buy yourself that new car or go with your mates to Vegas, then she says "it's a waste of money" that's when you throw it in her face and say you accepted the ring didn't you? Then you checkmate them, get your new car, go to Vegas whatever.

2. Do you want them to be embarrassed for the rest of their lives? Hiding their hand in front of their friends so as not to show the ring. The ring has to be the best in her group of friends or competitive .

3. Do you want your mates / family to think you are a mug? They think you treat her like crap if you don't buy em a decent ring. It's a status thing also, cheap ring for a caravan park type of girl, expensive ring for a quality girl

4. If you buy em a cheap ring, good luck getting your new car one day or going to Vegas with the boys.. she will always remind you of the cheap ring.. no money for that..

This lady is so nice I'm thinking of just buying her a decent ring, throw that shit ring in the rubbish and I'll get her a proper ring. If I meet her husband I'll give him a beating, cheap bastard.
Not everything is about money and maybe that was the ring she wanted, you don't know the story behind that ring and unless you ever find out you can't judge!!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
obsessions with material possessions can not be good for one mentally.

I would hate to be controlled by possessions that are out of my control.

I would hate to think that if I somehow lost the majority of my possessions, I would potty myself die to my own world view.

I would hate to get all torn up inside because I place such a value on things that in the end are meaningless.

The best things in life are free, and the best freedom in life is not being controlled by things.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best things in life cost money, alot of it.

As they are desirable, and the supply is not infinite it because a battle of who has the most money.

Not everyone can live in a house with water views or beachfront, so we need to sort the sheep from the goats and who has the most money gets to live there .

Women are no different, no cash and they don't wanna know ya.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear this is Blue Boost. Always getting involved in other peoples lives and stirring shit :p

The Esme Watson of The Kennel.

View attachment 15949
I was trying to model myself on Mrs Mangles from neighbours. She used to take note on everyone's business and throw a barb or two to keep em honest.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To give an indication of the speed at which money is becoming increasingly worthless, by the time you finish reading this sentence the value of the money in your pocket will be worth less than it was before you began.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If I got rich I would build a luxury bunker hidden beneath my house. Something to chill through a nuclear apocalypse or walking dead/tha road,alien invasion etc

I've thought this through.
In regular life it will be my vault where I keep my cash and jewels and frozen meat and food (as well as my stockpiles aside) my cellar and DVD cabinet so when it hits the fan I'm set down there and if there's nothing hitting the fan it's basically my storage for all the above.
Why do you need a DVD cabinet? Don't you use the Cloud? Or a USB?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My brother-in-law bought my sister a ring that was worth $23,000 - but he knew the jewler and got a good deal, something like $12,000 - however even I think that's ridiculous. As long as it looks nice you shouldn't have to spend a 5 figure amount on it. My brother spent $5,700 on his Mrs back in 2005. I thought that was too much back then.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Women are no different, no cash and they don't wanna know ya.
You are hanging around the wrong women, not all women are money hungry whores. You do have to syphon them out to find them, but they are out there.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My brother-in-law bought my sister a ring that was worth $23,000 - but he knew the jewler and got a good deal, something like $12,000 - however even I think that's ridiculous. As long as it looks nice you shouldn't have to spend a 5 figure amount on it. My brother spent $5,700 on his Mrs back in 2005. I thought that was too much back then.
The old 55% off. Classic diamond industry sales trick.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do you need a DVD cabinet? Don't you use the Cloud? Or a USB?
Netflix, downloads etc are all subject to cancel culture and can be hard to find And rely on electrical stuff working but the DVD library has a better selection. And deleted scenes and stuff. A lot of good 7/10 movies have slipped off the digital radar. But yeah a combination of both yo.