• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its still a huge change from the attitudes that were prevalent in WW2. The way the American people got behind their countries war effort was 180 degrees of difference with the behaviour and attitudes of so many today.
Agree.

But I see it with most populations now actually. It's just that America is some what worse because of their previous standing and wealth and entitled society?...Not sure :grinning:

Times have changed and I def think this selfish attitude is a thing no matter the country.

The politicians have picked up on conservatism R v social democracy L and taken it to near the extreme of human decency...its just more evident in USA.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's this.

Can't believe more aren't going down this path. Put the blowtorch to this lot of traitors and swampists who tried to void 4 states votes. Unbelievable.

I now think GOP, or Gratuitous Old Party, are so scared of Trump, and his deplorables, that they are paralyzed with fear that he can, and will, start his own party and they would be wiped out.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Matey can we please stop this. Please stop searching for the middle road and "compromise", it's the biggest load of bullshit.

In no way what so ever am I painting the Democrats as angels, I'm still pissed they selected Hillary over Bernie. The Dems are clearly centre right (economically) and a lot of hot air socially, before the vote counting finished their "moderates" went out on an all attack on their "progressives" and blamed them for the lack of Senate seats. So I'm not going to sit here and say they're angels in anyway, but the corruption and vileness of the parties is VASTLY different.

It's not too dissimilar to our political landscape, for a long time Labor went centre right and started copying Liberal policies (e.g. border control with asylum seekers, Alabanese's capitulation for tax cuts to corporates). Bill Shorten actually put a vision in for Australia and where he wanted Australia to head towards, what did Morrsicum do? Smoke and mirrors and our media were compliant in scummo's marketing bullshit.

But back to this "middle of the road/compromise" bullshit, Eddie Obeid, Peter Slipper, Sam Dastyari, Craig Thompson look at the outcomes of those scandals/incidents, now compare that to multiple scandals of conservatives Angus Taylor, Matt Canavan, George Christensen, Bronwyn Bishop, Peter Duttons many many fuck ups, Stuart Roberts, Christian Porter, Barnaby Joyce, Gladys Liu, Scott Morrison, Greg Hunt, Craig Kelly, Susan Ley, Joe Hockey, Tony Abbott, Tim Wilson, Eric Abetz, Michaelia Cash, every single one of them have scandals if not worse, just as bad as the 4 I mentioned above who were forced to resign or had charges brought against them.

(as a note for others reading this, if you follow politics, you would have knowledge of the scandals concerning EACH OF THE MINISTERS/SENATORS I NAMED AND NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM COPPED ENOUGH CRITICISM FROM THE MEDIA NOR WERE FORCED TO STEP DOWN. I'm also forgetting the ministers name for the sports rorts scandal, it was a female minister but scummo was directly involved in that too.

So let's leave this when we criticise conservative polticians, let's also point out Labor/Democrats for fairness, because it's bullshit, the vast number of scandals surrounding repsective parties paints a clear picture of the lessor evil.
It’s not about compromise, it is about honest reflection about what is wrong with our side. Trump has lost, he’s on his way out. It is the perfect time to talk about what is wrong with the Democrats. Trump would never have risen to power if the DNC had not abandoned their traditional base and stopped championing the rights of working class people. That’s just the reality of the situation.

If leftists allow themselves to become complacent, or just divert by saying ‘but they are worse’, it’s only going to lay the groundwork for a Trump 2.0 type character to rise to power on the back of false promises to champion the disenfranchised.

It’s time genuine liberals were honest. Biden, Harris and their corporatist cabinet will make for a fucking abominable presidential team. Just because they will be better than Trump or some other republican president doesn’t mean we should not talk about what is wrong with the modern left, becsuse it stinks to high hell in its own right.

Corporatist pseudo liberals were 100 percent complicit in Trump’s rise and will see the public’s rejection of trump as a form of validation of their disingenuous policy platform. Im
As relieved as anyone that Trump lost, but the future under Biden’s team is not going to be sunshine and roses.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Electoral colleges are casting their ballots shortly to send Biden to the white house
Latest Trump strategy is for Pence, who counts electors votes on Jan 6, to refuse to count them.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Latest Trump strategy is for Pence, who counts electors votes on Jan 6, to refuse to count them.

To be fair though WD, Pence has only got 10 fingers and 10 toes..so he might struggle with counting 538 electoral votes..

Status
Not open for further replies.