U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nope. He just couldn't find anything.

Side note, the only thing that has been censored is the NY Post article and that was only censored by Twitter and Facebook. Although Facebook are now allowing it.

The information we need now is being held by the FBI but the FBI won't release it because it's part of their ongoing investigation into Russia.
I don't understand the whole Biden/Trump conspiracy thing. But is it right in me saying, that so far, no investigative body has released information/findings/press charges etc.... this whole outrage is based on he said/she said with conclusions being established by internet detectives?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't understand the whole Biden/Trump conspiracy thing. But is it right in me saying, that so far, no investigative body has released information/findings/press charges etc.... this whole outrage is based on he said/she said with conclusions being established by internet detectives?
Pretty much, the only information that has come out is from the trump campaign, Rudy Guilliani and News Corpse (Murdoch's publications) which have a history of major partisanship and multiple cases of publishing lies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you agree with the article?
I agree with the scientists. And the scientists agree with me.
Nope. He just couldn't find anything.

Side note, the only thing that has been censored is the NY Post article and that was only censored by Twitter and Facebook. Although Facebook are now allowing it.

The information we need now is being held by the FBI but the FBI won't release it because it's part of their ongoing investigation into Russia.
“the only thing” he says as if it isn’t a big deal to censor an article on one of the presidential elects for the election next month lol.
So if the fbi hasn’t released their findings of Biden how do you know he is innocent?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
May be the opposite. China has already started cutting off trade with us which is pretty much going to destroy our economy. Unless the US starts taking our coal but the problem is that they don't need it.

But coal death is inevitable. We need to find a new export and this may be the kick in the pants we need.
Yep can't believe it's not bigger news in Australia.

But since Scummo decided to be the only other western leader (other than trump) to attack China about Covid, China have instructed their companies to stop buying coal and cotton from Australia. It will be a major hit on us economically.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
My point is though, it shows that nothing has progressed in the case coz it’s all been censored. The most basic questions can’t be answered by y’all (black word for you all), so there’s bound to be a repetitive pattern until we get some answers. Look, how about, we get a 2-3 year investigation into Biden as well? It’s only fair. And I gaurentee you, if after all those years and funding nothing is found, I’ll shut up and say ok he was innocent. Just like how you lefties have dropped the russian collusion conspiracy lol
If the FBI opened an active investigation into Joe and Hunter Biden right now, the election would be over. Trump would have it in the bag.

As for the censorship - big tech and the democrats are essentially one and the same.

Zero censorship of the Jussie Smullett story. Instead the media reported on this as if it were confirmed from the start.
The media and big tech all reported on Trumps leaked tax returns despite it being a federal offence to leak someones tax documents
Media and big tech all reported Trump's golden shower stories

All of these were false and malicious but the media and big tech didn't bother fact checking because it damaged Trump and not the Democrats.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kind of.

The Biden corruption conspiracy is based on the emails and messages leaked that are allegedly from Hunter Biden's laptop. But the conspiracy is only that one of the emails mentioned a potential meeting between Biden and a corrupt Burisma executive. The conspiracy is being pushed by the Internet and more importantly, it's being pushed by Trump.

The Russian disinformation against Biden conspiracy is based on the FBI stating that they are investigating Russia's involvement in it under the assumption that this may have been a dump by Russia and a bunch of disinformation experts stating that it's likely to be Russian's who carried this out. But it's still just conjecture as no evidence has been released by the FBI yet and they won't release anything for a long time as it's an ongoing investigation.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Kind of.

The Biden corruption conspiracy is based on the emails and messages leaked that are allegedly from Hunter Biden's laptop. But the conspiracy is only that one of the emails mentioned a potential meeting between Biden and a corrupt Burisma executive. The conspiracy is being pushed by the Internet and more importantly, it's being pushed by Trump.

The Russian disinformation against Biden conspiracy is based on the FBI stating that they are investigating Russia's involvement in it under the assumption that this may have been a dump by Russia and a bunch of disinformation experts stating that it's likely to be Russian's who carried this out. But it's still just conjecture as no evidence has been released by the FBI yet and they won't release anything for a long time as it's an ongoing investigation.
The main point in the story is that the story is entirely believable because there are facts already established. Hunter Biden had a questionable position as a director on the board of a corrupt Ukranian energy company - despite having no credentials for the position.

At the exact same time - Joe Biden was in charge of US foreign policy in the Ukraine.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out the potential of what was going on in the Ukraine.

Joe Biden has been on a relatively modest salary for decades. Go and google his property portfolio and tell me if you think it squares with his modest income each year.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with the scientists. And the scientists agree with me.

“the only thing” he says as if it isn’t a big deal to censor an article on one of the presidential elects for the election next month lol.
So if the fbi hasn’t released their findings of Biden how do you know he is innocent?
I say "the only thing" because the Internet is a massive place. It's a lot more than just Twitter and Facebook. It's not like the NY Post was censored.

And as far as Biden's innocence? I don't know he's innocent. He may not be. I don't have the evidence to say he's innocent but I don't have any evidence to say he's guilty. And in modern society we usually operate under the assumption of innocent until proven guilty. At least in Australia and America we do.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the FBI opened an active investigation into Joe and Hunter Biden right now, the election would be over. Trump would have it in the bag.

As for the censorship - big tech and the democrats are essentially one and the same.

Zero censorship of the Jussie Smullett story. Instead the media reported on this as if it were confirmed from the start.
The media and big tech all reported on Trumps leaked tax returns despite it being a federal offence to leak someones tax documents
Media and big tech all reported Trump's golden shower stories

All of these were false and malicious but the media and big tech didn't bother fact checking because it damaged Trump and not the Democrats.
I don't think it's as massive as you say as it's only one story and there's plenty of other anti-Biden pro-Trump stories all over Twitter and Facebook. But I do agree that it is a bit of a double standard for blocking the NY Post article due to the source being a hack, but not blocking the Trump Tax articles even though the source was also a hack.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes mate, that's it. I think you should retire from the internet now that you've made the greatest call the internet has ever seen.
You dont seem to have the capacity to realise that Trump will win the biggest landslide in history.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it's as massive as you say as it's only one story and there's plenty of other anti-Biden pro-Trump stories all over Twitter and Facebook. But I do agree that it is a bit of a double standard for blocking the NY Post article due to the source being a hack, but not blocking the Trump Tax articles even though the source was also a hack.
The current Biden scandal is a misplaced laptop and not a hack - and by the way - even if it does turn out that somehow it was a hack, there was no way Twitter or Facebook knew whether or not it was a case of hacking when they censored the story early last week.

I can't believe there is not more outrage that a small number of tech execs are able to block whatever news/stories they don't like.

This should not be a partisan issue - this is just a human issue. Do you want to have the flow of information essentially in the hands of 2 - 3 men? Aren't liberals supposed to be against big corporates? Particularly when they're run by men? Aren't liberals traditionally men to stand up against the economic and corporate machine?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Google bias

At google just a few months ago, Google's Head of Responsibly Innovation was caught on camera saying quote unquote:

"We all got screwed over in 2016 so we've rapidly been like...what happened there? And how do we stop it from happening again".

Also after the 2016 election, here is the Google co-founder talking to google employees

"Most people here are pretty upset and sad for ... uhh .. because of the election. As an immigrant and refugee I find this election deeply offensive".

When asked if there was anything positive from the election result, he answered "That's a pretty tough question right now".

The head of google, a guy who benefited from U.S. generosity to immigrants and who benefited from an economic system that has turned a minority into a multi billionaire.....somehow believed that a democratic election which ran it's course was somehow 'deeply offensive'. What sort of message do you think that sends to google employees if their boss has such a partisan take on politics...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The current Biden scandal is a misplaced laptop and not a hack - and by the way - even if it does turn out that somehow it was a hack, there was no way Twitter or Facebook knew whether or not it was a case of hacking when they censored the story early last week.

I can't believe there is not more outrage that a small number of tech execs are able to block whatever news/stories they don't like.

This should not be a partisan issue - this is just a human issue. Do you want to have the flow of information essentially in the hands of 2 - 3 men? Aren't liberals supposed to be against big corporates? Particularly when they're run by men? Aren't liberals traditionally men to stand up against the economic and corporate machine?
The whole Liberal thing has become a mess now days. Just look at the Australian Liberals. They're the least Liberal government Australia has ever had.

The tech firm thing is a thing of constant debate in Libertarian circles. It's a massive debate over what kind of free market protections social media networks should have. I lean on the side of keeping section 230 in place and allowing Social Media companies to do what they want. People who don't like it can start their own echo chambers. And they often do.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The whole Liberal thing has become a mess now days. Just look at the Australian Liberals. They're the least Liberal government Australia has ever had.

The tech firm thing is a thing of constant debate in Libertarian circles. It's a massive debate over what kind of free market protections social media networks should have. I lean on the side of keeping section 230 in place and allowing Social Media companies to do what they want. People who don't like it can start their own echo chambers. And they often do.
My personal view is that social media companies should be deemed publishers and all legal protections removed. If they want to censor information on their platforms then let them censor everything, or leave everything. No picking and choosing what gets censored.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Google bias

At google just a few months ago, Google's Head of Responsibly Innovation was caught on camera saying quote unquote:

"We all got screwed over in 2016 so we've rapidly been like...what happened there? And how do we stop it from happening again".

Also after the 2016 election, here is the Google co-founder talking to google employees

"Most people here are pretty upset and sad for ... uhh .. because of the election. As an immigrant and refugee I find this election deeply offensive".

When asked if there was anything positive from the election result, he answered "That's a pretty tough question right now".

The head of google, a guy who benefited from U.S. generosity to immigrants and who benefited from an economic system that has turned a minority into a multi billionaire.....somehow believed that a democratic election which ran it's course was somehow 'deeply offensive'. What sort of message do you think that sends to google employees if their boss has such a partisan take on politics...

"She claimed the resulting video has been selectively edited to make it appear as if Google senior executives like Gennai are biased against conservatives and intends to suppress certain search results so as to disadvantage conservatives in the upcoming US elections.

Gennai denies that this is the case, saying Google's stated official position is not to bias its its products in favour of any political agenda.

The Project Veritas video was posted on YouTube but was taken down after a third-party privacy complaint. It is being circulated on right-wing websites such as Breitabart however.

O'Keefe and Project Veritas have published multiple audio and video recordings that they say show abuse and anti-conservative bias in not-for-profits, social assistance and political organisations, and media.

The controversial activist has been sued for misrepresentation, and forced to apologise and pay large sums of money for doing so."

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Joe Biden has been on a relatively modest salary for decades. Go and google his property portfolio and tell me if you think it squares with his modest income each year.
Is this in reference to Donald Jnr's tweet yesterday that he got absolutely slaughtered for?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

"She claimed the resulting video has been selectively edited to make it appear as if Google senior executives like Gennai are biased against conservatives and intends to suppress certain search results so as to disadvantage conservatives in the upcoming US elections.

Gennai denies that this is the case, saying Google's stated official position is not to bias its its products in favour of any political agenda.

The Project Veritas video was posted on YouTube but was taken down after a third-party privacy complaint. It is being circulated on right-wing websites such as Breitabart however.

O'Keefe and Project Veritas have published multiple audio and video recordings that they say show abuse and anti-conservative bias in not-for-profits, social assistance and political organisations, and media.

The controversial activist has been sued for misrepresentation, and forced to apologise and pay large sums of money for doing so."
Regardless of whether google claims to operate without bias they clearly do. She is also on the record saying the following quote:

You can talk about context all you want, but there is no other way to construe the below other than "Google has the resources to prevent Trump getting back into power, but if you break us up in to smaller companies, we can't stop Trump".

"Elizabeth Warren is saying we should break up Google. And like, I love her but she’s very misguided, like that will not make it better it will make it worse, because all these smaller companies who don’t have the same resources that we do will be charged with preventing the next Trump situation, it’s like a small company cannot do that."

Status
Not open for further replies.