U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why did the platforms ask one of the most well known and established papers in America to provide it's evidence but failed to do so for multiple other stories broken by NYTIMES, CNN, MSNBC throughout the last 4 years?

I know you're only defending this position because social media is an advantage to democrat / left leaning voters. Particularly Twitter which is probably the hardest left leaning of all the platforms.

At the end of a day as a society (including all types of voters) we have created an issue whereby the flow of information is now largely tied to 3-4 companies. Twitter, Facebook, google and maybe one other. If these companies don't do the right thing or allow information to flow, they can influence the outcome of an election. This is not a good outcome for any democracy.

Regardless of whether anyone is right or left leaning, if we believe in democracy, we should not be thrilled with the idea of 3-4 largely unregulated companies with the ability to influence political outcomes.
I’ve never said they weren’t left leaning companies. That’s not my point. My point is it is capitalism which has afforded them the freedom to control their own content. It is the system you constantly praise which has afforded them that freedom....stricter regulation would actually be a shift away from capitalism - which generally supports free enterprise and opposes government regulation.

I can't even remember who reported you, just that I tried to downplay it to keep you here as I knew I'd miss the banter.

Fortunately Dawgfather stepped up in your place.

Side note, I told everyone that you ran away to start a convent for gay kids.
I theorised you had a sex change and had spent the past three months playing the Last of Us 2. Welcome back @Realist90

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can't even remember who reported you, just that I tried to downplay it to keep you here as I knew I'd miss the banter.

Fortunately Dawgfather stepped up in your place.

Side note, I told everyone that you ran away to start a convent for gay kids.
I thought he had a sex change and became a warrior nun?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve never said they weren’t left leaning companies. That’s not my point. My point is it is capitalism which has afforded them the freedom to control their own content. It is the system you constantly praise which has afforded them that freedom....stricter regulation would actually be a shift away from capitalism - which generally supports free enterprise and opposes government regulation.

I theorised you had a sex change and had spent the past three months playing the Last of Us 2. Welcome back @Realist90
Well.... to be fair to you. The first two weeks of last of us 2 being played all over the net, I was fixated on it, and could not understand how everyone suddenly got 2016 ideologies in the game when none was in the first game. I mean a bigot sandwhich?

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s back... And to think 2020 was all doom gloom! Welcome back..the place hasn’t been the same without you. How was your journey of self-discover? Did you discover your inner sensitivity..the one yearning to be released?
What I discovered is that Nancy pelosi was set up by her salon that her rep set up to get a hair cut without a mask. And that everyone else should apologise to her.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Clinton's might be :smirk:
They’re getting exposed hard aye. Didn’t twitter just block a New York Times story exposing Biden and his son or something? Jack Dorsey (head of twitter) getting smashed. They wanna censor these stories till after the election just like not wanting to answer if he will pack the courts.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let me put this in perspective for everyone. Not only did he not know that Babylon Bee is a satire website, he tweeted that Twitter has been shut down. He Tweeted it. He literally posted on Twitter saying that Twitter has been shut down.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the 45th President of the United States.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let me put this in perspective for everyone. Not only did he not know that Babylon Bee is a satire website, he tweeted that Twitter has been shut down. He Tweeted it. He literally posted on Twitter saying that Twitter has been shut down.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the 45th President of the United States.
His response.. My Tweets are beautiful, the best by far..amazing..It’s never been done before..I was able to Tweet even when Twitter was shutdown.. That’s because I do it better than anyone else has ever..that’s what I do..incredible..truly truly incredible.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone shits on Trump, but honestly Pedo Joe ain't going to be any better, if not, worse. I get that Trump is outspoken and comes across as a fuckhead at times but the support for Joe is ridiculous. People are voting for Joe, not because he is a better candidate or for his policies, but because they want Trump out. At the moment, you could have Trump running against a monkey and people would vote for it, just to get Trump out of office.

Thing is, the monkey would probably do a better job than both Pedo Joe and Trump combined.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine being such a fighter for feminism and equal rights that coz a female is conservative catholic and doesn’t hold made up definitions of progressives shes sudddenly a threat to democracy and must be evil.
And thennnn imagine discriminating against Catholicism whilst championing tolerant of all religions and call people islamophobes if they question a muslims motives in congress.
They are not expecting her to hold up definitions of "progressive values", they are expecting her to wind back woman's rights in that country to meet the values of an institution she openly and vehemently supports. An institution directly responsible for the decades of rape and the worst crimes against children in living memory. And if you believe she won't look at every law and case put before her through the prism of her religion, you are deluding yourself. That is the exact reason why she was nominated.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Man just read an article on Iran and the effect of Covid-19 .. It’s terrible, just out of control. This could be an opportunity for Trump and his Administration to improve relations with he US and Iran by lifting some sanctions, as they affect the supply and cost of medicine for the people. However what do they do? They increased the sanctions..disgusting.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone shits on Trump, but honestly Pedo Joe ain't going to be any better, if not, worse. I get that Trump is outspoken and comes across as a fuckhead at times but the support for Joe is ridiculous. People are voting for Joe, not because he is a better candidate or for his policies, but because they want Trump out. At the moment, you could have Trump running against a monkey and people would vote for it, just to get Trump out of office.

Thing is, the monkey would probably do a better job than both Pedo Joe and Trump combined.
Sad isn’t it? A country with 100 million + and these are the supposed two best candidates they have to lead the most powerful country in the world.. God Help America..and the world too.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sad isn’t it? A country with 100 million + and these are the supposed two best candidates they have to lead the most powerful country in the world.. God Help America..and the world too.
True, I don't think Trump is the best person out there for the job, but he is better than Biden. Democrats dropped the ball by getting Biden in there, then following it up with Kamala Harris. You think they would have been smarter in their choices, especially after the last election.

At the end of the day, screw America and all the bullshit that presides it right now. The thing is, as you mentioned, what ever happens will affect us to some degree. I just can't wait for the whole circus show to be over.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
True, I don't think Trump is the best person out there for the job, but he is better than Biden. Democrats dropped the ball by getting Biden in there, then following it up with Kamala Harris. You think they would have been smarter in their choices, especially after the last election.

At the end of the day, screw America and all the bullshit that presides it right now. The thing is, as you mentioned, what ever happens will affect us to some degree. I just can't wait for the whole circus show to be over.
I think I should be running..hang on..I can’t even walk! :grimacing:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Trouble is....it's never over.

And more likely for this pre-election period to be just the beginning if Trump looses.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Man just read an article on Iran and the effect of Covid-19 .. It’s terrible, just out of control. This could be an opportunity for Trump and his Administration to improve relations with he US and Iran by lifting some sanctions, as they affect the supply and cost of medicine for the people. However what do they do? They increased the sanctions..disgusting.
Read that too. Poor buggers.

No, Trump didn't start a war but reneged on the deal Obama made and then has effectively closed down their banks and finance. That Mike Pompeo is a hawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.