U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
btw this strategy of essentially allowing america's foreign policy to be sold for cash is not new.

The Clinton Foundation accepted unbelievable amounts of cash when Hilary was secretary of state. When she didn't win in 2016, all of this money suddenly stopped pouring in to the Clinton Foundation. I wonder why?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It is also fitting that it would seem the last big story to mark the end of the first four years of the Trump White house, is a story about a career politician who based on the NY Post article is possibly corrupt and taking money from foreign officials for policy favours including firing foreign prosecutors.

Trump ran in 2016 on the idea that this sort of behaviour was rampant and taking place by multiple Washington DC politicians, and it would appear that he was absolutely right in this assertion.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a fair question (sincerely). Some voters believe Trump is corrupt and some believe Biden corrupt. The only difference is that the Biden stories are not allowed to be released to the public, creating a bias and lopsided election campaign where only bad stories that affect Trump are released and leaked, while stories which indicate issues for Biden are held back and called "disinformation" or "problematic".
It's still nearly a month to the election and you're already playing the victim card? You need to ease up dude or you'll be in the foetal position come election night. I'd start saving for those therapy sessions now.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I think really happened with this Hunter Biden story.

The NY Post broke the story and employees and top execs at Twitter and facebook shat themselves because they realise the story being reported:

- Directly contradicted Joe Biden's version of events and whether he knew anything about Burisma and Hunter's business dealings
- Was based on (what appears) to be factual information given that the story is being reported based on actual emails sent to Hunter Biden and sent by Hunter Biden.
- Contains authentic pictures of Hunter Biden which would not be available to just anyone.

Both facebook and twitter knew the story would be intensely damaging if it was allowed to circulate throughout america, so they started making up reasons why it needed to be taken down.

btw Twitter changed their explanation a number of times yesterday for why it was taken down. They tried to claim it was leaked information which isn't allowed (directly contradicts basically every big story ever released on twitter which is always based on leaks), they then tried to say it contained personal information which wasn't authorised (again doesn't make sense because every photo of anyone that appears on facebook is never expressly authorised).

If the story was not damaging, it would not have been censored.

Time will tell whether the censorship works. There are Town Hall events running tonight (our time). It will be interesting if Joe Biden is asked a question about it.

If the story is obvious misinformation and propaganda - it will be easily debunked if Biden is asked a question. On the other hand if there is smoke there may be fire and if there is substance to the story, he may not want questions to be asked because there are no good answers he can give.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is also fitting that it would seem the last big story to mark the end of the first four years of the Trump White house, is a story about a career politician who based on the NY Post article is possibly corrupt and taking money from foreign officials for policy favours including firing foreign prosecutors.

Trump ran in 2016 on the idea that this sort of behaviour was rampant and taking place by multiple Washington DC politicians, and it would appear that he was absolutely right in this assertion.
What I find most interesting (and you should too as you seem to love these kind of coincidences), is that the laptop repairmen apparently had these emails for a long time, and he handed them over to the Trump administration nearly 1 year ago. But Guiliani only gave the emails to the NY Post last Sunday. Only after Trump's campaign looked to be struggling badly.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
What I find most interesting (and you should too as you seem to love these kind of coincidences), is that the laptop repairmen apparently had these emails for a long time, and he handed them over to the Trump administration nearly 1 year ago. But Guiliani only gave the emails to the NY Post last Sunday. Only after Trump's campaign looked to be struggling badly.
I do find this very interesting and I haven't seen much written about this yet. I also haven't seen a timeline to understand the facts in terms of what date he got the PC, what dates he contacted people (Senator Mike Lee), (FBI) etc. Do you have a timeline to share?

Apparently the computer repairman is also legally blind (another interesting and curious piece of info).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Trump supporter believes he's jesus - www.liveleak.com/view?t=s25yr_1602628956

She'll be a walking IED when he loses.
Man I miss NY. It's such a great place. Such a massive mix of different cultures and characters.

One of the funniest things I saw in NY was these two police officers jump onto our train looking angry as. Both look like professional UFC fighters. Huge guys just staring at everyone then as the train doors are closing, one of officers turns around and points to another officer on the train platform who is running for the train and the officer says, "Hey everyone, look at his tiny legs run" and breaks out laughing.

Everyone else on the train was too anxious to laugh. The mrs kept giving me death stares 'cause I was pissing myself laughing.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
But Guiliani only gave the emails to the NY Post last Sunday. Only after Trump's campaign looked to be struggling badly.
and you are getting to the core of my issue with the censorship of this story.

Because of the censorship, you do not have multiple journalists all asking questions and all investigating and finding out the facts.

As a result we have unanswered questions.

Is this a ploy by the trump campaign to damage Biden?
If so, is the evidence authentic?
Is the evidence made up and fake?
Is Joe Biden taking or did he ever take money from foreign officials?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I do find this very interesting and I haven't seen much written about this yet. I also haven't seen a timeline to understand the facts in terms of what date he got the PC, what dates he contacted people (Senator Mike Lee), (FBI) etc. Do you have a timeline to share?

Apparently the computer repairman is also legally blind (another interesting and curious piece of info).
There isn't a comprehensive timeline. He won't say when he got the PC, but Giuliani said that it was there for months. He did say that the FBI took the PC in December and that he gave copies of the emails to the Trump admin in January, and Giuliani said that he gave the emails to the NY Post on Sunday.

Also important to point out that while interviewing the shop owner, he kept contradicting himself.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
and you are getting to the core of my issue with the censorship of this story.

Because of the censorship, you do not have multiple journalists all asking questions and all investigating and finding out the facts.

As a result we have unanswered questions.

Is this a ploy by the trump campaign to damage Biden?
If so, is the evidence authentic?
Is the evidence made up and fake?
Is Joe Biden taking or did he ever take money from foreign officials?
Definitely. And that should be reported when we know the answers.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
btw I got my timing wrong. Both Town halls are live now.

Biden town hall:
Trump town hall:

Not sure whether Biden has been asked a question about Hunter Biden and Ukraine yet. I am assuming he hasn't, but I'll need to check.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
There isn't a comprehensive timeline. He won't say when he got the PC, but Giuliani said that it was there for months. He did say that the FBI took the PC in December and that he gave copies of the emails to the Trump admin in January, and Giuliani said that he gave the emails to the NY Post on Sunday.

Also important to point out that while interviewing the shop owner, he kept contradicting himself.

I agree it's devious if they held onto this story until now for political reasons. Although it would be par for the course in terms of politics. This also needs to be considered in the context that it was reported to the FBI already.

Even if this is true and they did hold onto it for political purposes, they key question to be answered (still) is whether Biden took money from foreign countries and/or whether he knew what Hunter Biden was doing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree it's devious if they held onto this story until now for political reasons. Although it would be par for the course in terms of politics. This also needs to be considered in the context that it was reported to the FBI already.

Even if this is true and they did hold onto it for political purposes, they key question to be answered (still) is whether Biden took money from foreign countries and/or whether he knew what Hunter Biden was doing.
Definitely. But there is no evidence of that at this stage.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Definitely. But there is no evidence of that at this stage.
Arguably there is no evidence because there has been more time and resources spent into censoring the story or arguing it isn't true before the facts have been revealed.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Arguably there is no evidence because there has been more time and resources spent into censoring the story or arguing it isn't true before the facts have been revealed.
Nope. No evidence because the only circumstantial evidence they have provided is one email that mentions a potential meeting with Joe Biden. Which is apparently the smoking gun.

Twitter and Facebook are also not part of the investigation so there's no reason why their censoring would stop that information from coming to light.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Most polls had Biden ahead by 3-5 points in North Carolina. Today the latest poll now has Trump even with Biden:

In what timeline?

They have a timeline there that clearly shows only a slight change over the last 2 days which is no more than the average change. Too early to say if there will be a long term change.

Status
Not open for further replies.