U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough. Time will tell. I personally don't think there will be election related violence (on any meaningful scale) if Trump loses.

Captain's point about right wing terrorism etc is true, but I was talking about specific election related violence.
So I'm guessing you get to decide what is a meaningful scale? And by consequence will have exclusive rights on comparisons with say some of the BLM violence? You are as transparent as glad wrap bud.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
So I'm guessing you get to decide what is a meaningful scale? And by consequence will have exclusive rights on comparisons with say some of the BLM violence? You are as transparent as glad wrap bud.
I'm not the keeper of the truth. Of course I'll form my own view and you will welcome to form yours. And shock horror we may be able to meet together on the kennel and have a discussion about it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But that doesn't add to a debate, does it? Insulting someone is not as effective as responding with verifiable facts.
Sad that society is lowering its standards to trolling rather than respectful discussion.
Completely agree. Which is why I always aim to focus on adding fact based information rather than insulting.

When the information is constantly ignored and the response shows that the information was ignored, that's when it starts becoming easier to fall down to insults. But even then I try to avoid the insults and instead point out how ignorant the other party is.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don’t really like left or right.

I find most people in politics, no matter which side of the wing they sit on, all have their own selfish and personal agendas!

Usually the best men cut out as good leaders, are generally coined the worlds most dangerous men, stock piling chemical weapons and weapons of mass destruction and committing mass genocide on his own people!
That’s fair enough I don’t really trust politicians either.... and the few genuine ones generally get shunned by the major parties. I think Biden is an awful candidate, but still think Trump is the worst case scenario.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s fair enough I don’t really trust politicians either.... and the few genuine ones generally get shunned by the major parties. I think Biden is an awful candidate, but still think Trump is the worst case scenario.
Politics is childish and most people involved make me sick.
Fake and dirty people.

Most people who get into politics join for their own selfish reasons.
They’re only in it to control things and set things the way they feel it’s right for them!

I’ve got a friend who is friends with that flop former premier Nathan Rees on Facebook.
My friend texts me one day with, I’ve just been having a chat with former premier Nathan Rees because of something you said on one of my posts.

Also argued with some gay M.P one night in the city about how it’s not upto us to fund the homeless and long term dole bludgers.
This lunatic argued with me that if people in this country want to stay long term unemployed, it’s ok and there’s no problem with the working tax payer footing the bill.

Once he told me he was a politician I just ignored him like he didn’t exist!
Waste of bloody oxygen most politicians and a waste of time and energy worrying about the political game!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Out of interest, if you don't trust politicians - wouldn't that mean you are more likely to trust Trump who isn't a politician, compared to Biden who is a 47 year politician?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Out of interest, if you don't trust politicians - wouldn't that mean you are more likely to trust Trump who isn't a politician, compared to Biden who is a 47 year politician?
That would only be if it was a scale of politician=no trust and non-politican=full trust.

I don't trust politicians but I know many non-politicians that I trust less.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
That would only be if it was a scale of politician=no trust and non-politican=full trust.

That's logical. Just wanted to hear utility half's thoughts on it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nope. Because the idea Trump is not a politician is a myth believed only by his most avid supporters. His politics of pretending not to be political are another form of politics on themselves. Not only is he a politician, he has a demonstrable track record of showing admiration and appreciation for authoritarian politicians.

Also, I don’t trust dodgy businessmen a
anymore than I trust politicians. They are all responsible for exploiting flaws in the system.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Trump is very much a politician anyway
Y. You don’t need to be a career politician to be a politician.
How can anyone who has been President for 4 years NOT be considered a politician?

Then again how can anyone who has 6 bankruptcies be considered a successful business man?

Only brainwashed MAGA cultists believe that stuff. And Fox news.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How can anyone who has been President for 4 years NOT be considered a politician?

Then again how can anyone who has 6 bankruptcies be considered a successful business man?

Even FOX is abandoning him. Even Ben freaking Shapiro is starting to distance himself from Trump.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Trump is very much a politician anyway
Y. You don’t need to be a career politician to be a politician.

Lets make this clear, I think I can speak for all of us in that none of us endorse Biden as a solution. None of us actually believe Biden will be a major positive.

But we all agree that hes far better than dump.

It takes some serious mental impairment to believe that dump is in some way shape or form any kind of positive

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Nope. Because the idea Trump is not a politician is a myth believed only by his most avid supporters.
Can you elaborate? As far as I knew, Trump never held a public office until he won in 2016. Did he have some political position prior to this?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

Of course has been a politician for the past 4 years. But most people when describing Trump would say that a big part of why he won in 2016, was because he was not a politician. A number of people voted for him as a f*** you to the american political establishment.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Can you elaborate? As far as I knew, Trump never held a public office until he won in 2016. Did he have some political position prior to this?
It is not necessary for him to have held office prior to this one. He holds office now and has made it pretty clear over the past four years that he is not the outsider he presented himself as. The I’m not a politician line doesn’t wash with most people anymore. That’s why he has abandoned the tactic of criticising the Dems for being pro establishment and is now pushing the ridiculous idea the Dems are extremist leftists. The reason people don’t trust politicians is that they lie. Trump lying about his motivations doesn’t make him any more appealing to most.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It is not necessary for him to have held office prior to this one. He holds office now and has made it pretty clear over the past four years that he is not the outsider he presented himself as. The I’m not a politician line doesn’t wash with most people anymore. That’s why he has abandoned the tactic of criticising the Dems for being pro establish and is now pushing the ridiculous idea the Dems are extremist leftists. The reason people don’t trust politicians is that they lie. Trump lying about his motivations doesn’t make him any more appealing to most.
Fair enough if that's your take. I had thought you were saying he'd held office prior to 2016.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lets make this clear, I think I can speak for all of us in that none of us endorse Biden as a solution. None of us actually believe Biden will be a major positive.

But we all agree that hes far better than dump.

It takes some serious mental impairment to believe that dump is in some way shape or form any kind of positive
Completely agree.

I don't think Biden will make a particularly good President,

But I do believe my daughters cat will make a better president than Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.