U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crump will be dumped by the looks of it.
Joe is leading the poll.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just like i said to the trump arselickers, no pedo politician will be locked up. The left and right wing are on the same pedo bird.
I was satirising his lock her up catchphrase during the 2016 campaign bro. The point is he made such a song and dance about Hillary Clinton’s corruption and he’s just as fucking bad.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t have an issue with anyone having a particular opinion on any topic. That’s the beauty of western societies - you can choose your own opinions (hopefully). This isn’t communist China where only particular opinions are allowed (although I feel we are on a trajectory heading that way).
You're free to have your own opinions. People are free to call you an idiot for your opinions. That's the beauty of modern society.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with him.... it’s just that he seems to think of me (and others) as brainwashed sheep. If you’re going to call others brainwashed, at least make an argument asking why. I am unashamedly left leaning..... but my opinions haven’t been formed without a lot of thought.
I don’t really like left or right.

I find most people in politics, no matter which side of the wing they sit on, all have their own selfish and personal agendas!

Usually the best men cut out as good leaders, are generally coined the worlds most dangerous men, stock piling chemical weapons and weapons of mass destruction and committing mass genocide on his own people!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don’t really like left or right.

I find most people in politics, no matter which side of the wing they sit on, all have their own selfish and personal agendas!

Usually the best men cut out as good leaders, are generally coined the worlds most dangerous men, stock piling chemical weapons and weapons of mass destruction and committing mass genocide on his own people!
You talking about Uncle Sodamn Insane? Lol

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
So back on topic - only three weeks now until the election. The mainstream news seems to show the writing on the wall for Trump and an easy win for Biden in November.

I've been tussling with this in my mind. Everything seems to be going against Trump right now - coronavirus news, Trump catching COVID, media painting Trump as crazy, 90%+ polls showing huge support in favour of Biden.

I don't know who will win - 2020 has been an upside down year with so many things happening that I think it's hard to get a grip on anything in a meaningful way. COVID, supreme court justice pick about to start, Ukraine impeachment back in early 2020 (no one even remembers this anymore), global recession etc.

Maybe Biden will win, but in the spirit of not sitting on the fence, I'm sticking to my original prediction and will stand to be proven wrong in November.

My rationale is below:

In 2016, Trump was the upset winner, with polling and almost every mainstream commentator laughing at Trump and telling him and his supporters that they were a joke. He won off the back of wins in 'swing states', doing better with black voters and female voters than people thought he would. He did not win the popular vote - possibly reflecting the popular view in big cities like NY, LA and Chicago that Trump couldn't win.

The polls were wrong in 2016. There was also a certain percentage of voters in 2016 who were too scared to publicly declare they were going to vote for Trump.

Fast forward to 2020 and not a lot has changed. It's still extremely unpopular to publicly declare support for Trump (even more so than 2016). In particular, it can endanger your life and property to say you support Trump with at least one Trump supporter executed in Portland just for showing public support for Trump.

On top of this, 2020 has been dominated by BLM riots which has shown America a dark and disturbing movement taking place which is generally supported by Democrats and supported by some republicans (e.g. Mitt Romney), but opposed by Trump.

I think the net outcome of BLM will be more democrat support in democrat cities like LA and NY, but the result in swing states will be swings to Trump from voters who don't want any part of the intimidating, bullying, rioting, looting and rewriting of history which BLM is attempting to do.

Similar to the unpopularity of voicing support for Trump, it is next to impossible to voice your opinion if you don't support BLM as an organisation.

In summary: the polls are still wrong, and now wrong to an even larger degree than 2016 due to the even greater intimidation on voters who are for Trump and against BLM. Trump will win due to a large percentage of voters who are generally not reflected in polling.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its good to be able to express an opinion on here. I support Trumps campaign simply because I cannot have a bar of Biden or Harris.
They are not capable of governing.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

A disturbing series of photos have captured the exact moment a mace-spraying man was shot dead as right-wing and left-wing protesters clashed.

Two people were taken into custody after the man was shot and killed at duelling ideological protests between “patriots” and left-wing “BLM-Antifa” in the US on Saturday.

The shooting took place outside the Denver Art Museum in Colorado, about 3.37pm local time, according to Denver Police Department.

I keep remembering that movie V for Vendetta where they predicted a civil war in Murika. Incidents like this will only increase the closer the election gets and again after if the polls hold true.

The Wachowski's correctly predicted the matrix we now live in, I wonder how close they'll be with this one?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I keep remembering that movie V for Vendetta where they predicted a civil war in Murika. Incidents like this will only increase the closer the election gets and again after if the polls hold true.
I find this theory interesting. There has been a lot of violence since 2016 and most of it due to left wing voters. There were instances of right wing violence (e.g. Charlottesville), but you only need to look at the day after election day in 2016 to see where the violence was coming from.

After Obama won in 2008 and 2012, the same was not true of conservative voters burning and trashing cities.

Do you think that cities will be burned and looted if Biden wins this year (sincerely)?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There has been a lot of violence since 2016 and most of it due to left wing voters.

You're a fucking moron.

This analysis makes several arguments. First, far-right terrorism has significantly outpaced terrorism from other types of perpetrators, including from far-left networks and individuals inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. Right-wing attacks and plots account for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994, and the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown significantly during the past six years. Right-wing extremists perpetrated two thirds of the attacks and plots in the United States in 2019 and over 90 percent between January 1 and May 8, 2020.

This section analyzes the data in two parts: terrorist incidents and fatalities. The data show three notable trends. First, right-wing attacks and plots accounted for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994. In particular, they made up a large percentage of incidents in the 1990s and 2010s. Second, the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown substantially during the past six years. In 2019, for example, right-wing extremists perpetrated nearly two-thirds of the terrorist attacks and plots in the United States, and they committed over 90 percent of the attacks and plots between January 1 and May 8, 2020.

Untitled.png

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find this theory interesting. There has been a lot of violence since 2016 and most of it due to left wing voters. There were instances of right wing violence (e.g. Charlottesville), but you only need to look at the day after election day in 2016 to see where the violence was coming from.

After Obama won in 2008 and 2012, the same was not true of conservative voters burning and trashing cities.

Do you think that cities will be burned and looted if Biden wins this year (sincerely)?
I honestly believe Trump supporters will go farking nuts when he loses. Not only because he will bait them to, but because based on what they see, but fail to understand, he'll be right.

He's been sprouting about mail in votes and the only way he can lose this election is if they (democrats) steal it. Now on election night it is entirely possible to have a sea of red states indicating Trump has won the election in a landslide. But then over the coming hours and days and possibly weeks, those states will turn blue for Biden. Why? Because republican voters are too tough for Coronavirus so they'll vote in person (sea of red on election night), whereas Democrat voters are smart enough to be cautious of Coronavirus so they'll vote mail in (states turning blue for Biden).

Trump will be texting exclusively in capital letters as he witnesses the size and humiliation of his landslide defeat. His ego will not allow him to entertain the fact he lost. He will give interviews where he constantly moves his hands and conjures all manner of conspiracy and plot for his followers. His supporters will be foaming from their intake valves. Their limited brain cells will read what he's texting, see what they're seeing and act accordingly to save their president.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're free to have your own opinions. People are free to call you an idiot for your opinions. That's the beauty of modern society.
But that doesn't add to a debate, does it? Insulting someone is not as effective as responding with verifiable facts.
Sad that society is lowering its standards to trolling rather than respectful discussion.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're a fucking moron.

This analysis makes several arguments. First, far-right terrorism has significantly outpaced terrorism from other types of perpetrators, including from far-left networks and individuals inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. Right-wing attacks and plots account for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994, and the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown significantly during the past six years. Right-wing extremists perpetrated two thirds of the attacks and plots in the United States in 2019 and over 90 percent between January 1 and May 8, 2020.

This section analyzes the data in two parts: terrorist incidents and fatalities. The data show three notable trends. First, right-wing attacks and plots accounted for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994. In particular, they made up a large percentage of incidents in the 1990s and 2010s. Second, the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown substantially during the past six years. In 2019, for example, right-wing extremists perpetrated nearly two-thirds of the terrorist attacks and plots in the United States, and they committed over 90 percent of the attacks and plots between January 1 and May 8, 2020.

View attachment 17547
And we shouldn't discount that the Taliban, al-Quaeda, and Islamic terrorists are all from the extreme right, as well.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly believe Trump supporters will go farking nuts when he loses. Not only because he will bait them to, but because based on what they see, but fail to understand, he'll be right.

He's been sprouting about mail in votes and the only way he can lose this election is if they (democrats) steal it. Now on election night it is entirely possible to have a sea of red states indicating Trump has won the election in a landslide. But then over the coming hours and days and possibly weeks, those states will turn blue for Biden. Why? Because republican voters are too tough for Coronavirus so they'll vote in person (sea of red on election night), whereas Democrat voters are smart enough to be cautious of Coronavirus so they'll vote mail in (states turning blue for Biden).

Trump will be texting exclusively in capital letters as he witnesses the size and humiliation of his landslide defeat. His ego will not allow him to entertain the fact he lost. He will give interviews where he constantly moves his hands and conjures all manner of conspiracy and plot for his followers. His supporters will be foaming from their intake valves. Their limited brain cells will read what he's texting, see what they're seeing and act accordingly to save their president.
Fair enough. Time will tell. I personally don't think there will be election related violence (on any meaningful scale) if Trump loses.

Captain's point about right wing terrorism etc is true, but I was talking about specific election related violence.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You're a fucking moron.

View attachment 17547
Thanks for the insult.

I agree with you - right win nut jobs are absolute pricks and responsible for a lot of violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.