U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Dawgfather what do you think this guy meant by:

“Democracy isn’t the objective; liberty, peace, and prospefity are. We want the human condition to flourish. Rank democracy can thwart that,” he wrote, misspelling prosperity.

I presume he may be drawing reference to this:

Otherwise I have no idea what he's talking to.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I presume he may be drawing reference to this:

Otherwise I have no idea what he's talking to.
He went on to tweet:

Lee, who is among a swath of Republicans who recently tested positive for coronavirus, wrote: ‘The word “democracy” appears nowhere in the Constitution, perhaps because our form of government is not a democracy. It’s a constitutional republic. To me it matters. It should matter to anyone who worries about the excessive accumulation of power in the hands of the few.’

He added: “Government is the official use of coercive force–nothing more and nothing less. The Constitution protects us by limiting the use of government force.”

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If the cops are admitting they got it wrong,
The City has paid out the largest compo ever and
the boyfriend hasn't been charged
then let it go.

You are flogging a dead horse.
It would depend what you are inferring they got wrong. I have no doubt some of the detective work may have been 'wrong'. That's why we have police 'detecting' crime by doing 'detective' work. They often get parts of investigations wrong. And by the way sometimes this is indicative of negligence where they should not have got it wrong - but other times it is part of the detective process, humans are not perfect.

There is nothing to let go - I'm simply telling you that the case is not black and white. Breonna Taylor is tragically dead, and it's a disservice to try to put all the blame on the police. A grand jury who saw all the evidence found no reason to charge the officers with her death.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would depend what you are inferring they got wrong. I have no doubt some of the detective work may have been 'wrong'. That's why we have police 'detecting' crime by doing 'detective' work. They often get parts of investigations wrong. And by the way sometimes this is indicative of negligence where they should not have got it wrong - but other times it is part of the detective process, humans are not perfect.

There is nothing to let go - I'm simply telling you that the case is not black and white. Breonna Taylor is tragically dead, and it's a disservice to try to put all the blame on the police. A grand jury who saw all the evidence found no reason to charge the officers with her death.
I am not inferring it, the City of Louisiana and the LMPD are inferring it.

The case is black and white. The police only went after her because they got the address wrong. The guy they were after never lived there. He only went to pick up a package, which it turns out was an Amazon delivery. That was the only basis for that warrant. They had the right name and the wrong address on the warrant. The police have already admitted that.

Did she know a drug dealer. Yes. Do you want to do a poll of all the members of the kennel who have smoked dope or known a dealer in their lives?

Do all of us have to be afraid of police raiding our homes and shooting us because we came into contact with a dealer once?

Seriously dude. Mistakes happen. The LMPD F@#Ked this one up. The woman was a paramedic. How many lives would she have saved in her life? How many would she have saved if she wasn't killed?

Let it go. On this one the cops F@#KED up and they are now turning on each other to save their own arses.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I am not inferring it, the City of Louisiana and the LMPD are inferring it.

The case is black and white. The police only went after her because they got the address wrong. The guy they were after never lived there. He only went to pick up a package, which it turns out was an Amazon delivery. That was the only basis for that warrant. They had the right name and the wrong address on the warrant. The police have already admitted that.

Did she know a drug dealer. Yes. Do you want to do a poll of all the members of the kennel who have smoked dope or known a dealer in their lives?

Do all of us have to be afraid of police raiding our homes and shooting us because we came into contact with a dealer once?

Seriously dude. Mistakes happen. The LMPD F@#Ked this one up. The woman was a paramedic. How many lives would she have saved in her life? How many would she have saved if she wasn't killed?

Let it go. On this one the cops F@#KED up and they are now turning on each other to save their own arses.
Can you link me what source you're referencing when you say the address was 'wrong'?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trump refuses second debate, has some lame excuse about it being virtual but truth is he's shitting orange. He's retreating further and further into his dwindling base and slowly dying before the world. Another month of this will be glorious. I just hope Joe wins by enough to drop utter humiliation on Trumps ego and we see a tantrum of epic proportions. Maybe 2020 will finish on a very high high?

Oh just heard, Trump is so desperate he wants Bill Barr to indict Joe Biden and Obama in regards to the Russians meddling in the election which apparently he now thinks they did.

The tanty builds.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you link me what source you're referencing when you say the address was 'wrong'?
Already have.

2 articles. One of those actually has the statements made by police to investigating officers. Word for word.

Clearly you haven't read the articles I linked and just want to argue blindly. I am not going to link anymore articles because you obviously won't let the truth get in the way of a good argument.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Already have.

2 articles. One of those actually has the statements made by police to investigating officers. Word for word.

Clearly you haven't read the articles I linked and just want to argue blindly. I am not going to link anymore articles because you obviously won't let the truth get in the way of a good argument.
I just asked you for the link because I'm open to taking in new information. I had not realised you were referring to the articles already linked.

There is no need for the hissy fit if we're having an adult conversation.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So in related news:

- Trump held his first interview since leaving hospital. He ranted about how he believes he beat Biden by a landslide in the first debate. Talked about how all the women want to hug and kiss him. Called Harris a monster several times

- Members of an alt-right militia group have been arrested after it was discovered that they had plans to kidnap a Democratic Governor and start a civil war

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Already have.

I've read through the article.

Can you confirm are you referring to the bolded words below?

linked article said:
Massey said once he became aware of the gunfire at Taylor’s apartment, he took about 10 officers with him and they had to break through a fence to get into the complex. He said his team was given the wrong address so it took “a little bit” to get there.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So in related news:

- Trump held his first interview since leaving hospital. He ranted about how he believes he beat Biden by a landslide in the first debate. Talked about how all the women want to hug and kiss him. Called Harris a monster several times

- Members of an alt-right militia group have been arrested after it was discovered that they had plans to kidnap a Democratic Governor and start a civil war
Where can we find this Hacky?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where can we find this Hacky?
The Turmp interview was on Fox. I can't find a copy of it but here's a summary

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

~4 mins of trump denouncing David Duke, KKK, white supremacy and racism

“but I heard he was racist”

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Turmp interview was on Fox. I can't find a copy of it but here's a summary

Thanks Hacky!

Ps..on Fox? Surely not!!! ;)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

~4 mins of trump denouncing David Duke, KKK, white supremacy and racism

“but I heard he was racist”
Funny thing I should mention about this.

The Proud Boys aren't a white supremacist group. They're most certainly anti-semitic, anti-muslim, homophobic, vigilantly nationalist. But they're not white supremacist. Just one piece of misinformation many keep bringing up.

The leader is a black Cuban. They held a joint rally with BLM at one stage where they supported each other (although they are now anti-BLM). At one stage they were accused of being a white supremacist hate group by the Southern Poverty Law group (the ones that declare many hate groups) and they sued them. It had to be retracted as there is no evidence they are white supremacist and plenty of evidence they are against white supremacy.

But as I said, they have many other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.