U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not. Except that officers make the choice to be officers but it's still stereotyping to suggest that all cops are the same.

If that were the case there would be a lot more dead people.
Sterotyping is sterotyping. Bias is bias.

No all muslims are terroists. Not all priests paedophiles. Not all politicians corrupt. Not all executives, arrogant. Not all housos drunks/junkies.

To steortype a race/class/organisation/profession on the negative actions of a few is wrong.

It makes Dawgs view on BLM more justified

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The American Police force is 50% gun totting cowards, the other 50% are corrupt.

No drugs were found, the person they had the warrant for didn't live there, the occupant that fired back was well within HIS rights and no cops were harmed in the killing of this innocent woman.

Cowards in uniforms are still cowards.
You wouldn't have a clue about the american police force apart from hearing that "HeApZ of BlAcks die Every YeAr DuE to CopZ"

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is that any better than sterotyping blacks, asians, mexicans, whites, rich, poor, left, right etc etc.

I guess its just easier and less politically incorrect to say #ACAB
It was an overblown exaggeration I admit. But you cannot ignore the lowering of police standards in the US, particular in their interaction with their citizens. The mere fact only one of these officers was charged with unlawful discharging his weapon into a farking wall, but none of them had anything to answer for unloading 8 rounds into an innocent person in her own home says to me, these cops know they can be gun totting cowards and get away with it. And knowing this and doing it anyway makes these guys corrupt imo, yet they are still on the force and able to do this to someone else.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wouldn't have a clue about the american police force apart from hearing that "HeApZ of BlAcks die Every YeAr DuE to CopZ"
I would know ten times more than you about the recruitment practices of the American Police force numbnuts. You can start learning by looking up the lowering of standards required to join their force over a decade ago. And when finished try looking up the deliberate militarisation of their police force to make us of ex military equipment and the fact they have to use or lose it.

Who knows, when you're finished you might actually be smarter.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was an overblown exaggeration I admit. But you cannot ignore the lowering of police standards in the US, particular in their interaction with their citizens. The mere fact only one of these officers was charged with unlawful discharging his weapon into a farking wall, but none of them had anything to answer for unloading 8 rounds into an innocent person in her own home says to me, these cops know they can be gun totting cowards and get away with it. And knowing this and doing it anyway makes these guys corrupt imo, yet they are still on the force and able to do this to someone else.
Of course its an over exaggeration. But it still shows you too have a negative bias.

US police interactions arnt as bad as the media make out. I could be wrong. I would like to know the stats. Ie, number of police interactions, number of complaints, number of unjustifed assaults etc etc.

Re Taylor, we dont have all the facts. The officer charged, seems to have been charged justifiably.

I dont understand the whole 8 rounds you keep referring to. Are you saying because they fired eight rounds they were unjustified in discharging their firearms?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Considering that the entirety of Kambah's post focused on that one fact, and you replied directly to that post, that means you ignored the whole post he made and attacked a point he was not making. So why bother quoting his post at all if you weren't going to address his points?
When someone starts a post by calling three police officers 'three scared little cowards', while sitting at home behind their monitor benefiting from the protection these 'cowards' provide whilst simultaneously having enough disrespect to insult the people providing the protection....then yes of course I ignored the rest of the post because it was absolute dribble.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course its an over exaggeration. But it still shows you too have a negative bias.

US police interactions arnt as bad as the media make out. I could be wrong. I would like to know the stats. Ie, number of police interactions, number of complaints, number of unjustifed assaults etc etc.

Re Taylor, we dont have all the facts. The officer charged, seems to have been charged justifiably.

I dont understand the whole 8 rounds you keep referring to. Are you saying because they fired eight rounds they were unjustified in discharging their firearms?
He means that she was shot 8 times. They actually fired around 30 rounds some of which went into another apartment where there was a family that were luckily not hit.

Personally I don't think the issue is the police officers in general. I think the issue is that there are some officers who do the wrong thing and a system that protects these officers rather than holding them fully accountable.

In the case of the dead woman that we're discussing, they waited over 6 months to file any charges and had no intention of filing charges until the protests started.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When someone starts a post by calling three police officers 'three scared little cowards', while sitting at home behind their monitor benefiting from the protection these 'cowards' provide whilst simultaneously having enough disrespect to insult the people providing the protection....then yes of course I ignored the rest of the post because it was absolute dribble.
And that right there is your issue. The rest of his post detailed actual events that happened and you labelled these actual events as "dribble" because you don't care for the facts. You care for your... bias.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
At best, you're just dribbling on yourself. You clearly said what the police did was lawful. When proven wrong you dribbled on about other rubbish. Because.... bias.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He means that she was shot 8 times. They actually fired around 30 rounds some of which went into another apartment where there was a family that were luckily not hit.

Personally I don't think the issue is the police officers in general. I think the issue is that there are some officers who do the wrong thing and a system that protects these officers rather than holding them fully accountable.

In the case of the dead woman that we're discussing, they waited over 6 months to file any charges and had no intention of filing charges until the protests started.
How many officers were in the unit? Did the 30 rounds come from those officers in the unit? Or of that 30 was some from the idiot who fired from outside? Do we know what type of guns thr officers jad too? Ie pistols or rifles?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
And that right there is your issue. The rest of his post detailed actual events that happened and you labelled these actual events as "dribble" because you don't care for the facts. You care for your... bias.
If you paraphrase your entire argument by mislabeling and prejudging three police officers as cowards, your opinion can safely be thrown in the trash.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
At best, you're just dribbling on yourself. You clearly said what the police did was lawful. When proven wrong you dribbled on about other rubbish. Because.... bias.
A grand jury of private citizens decided the three officers did not warrant charges against them for the death of Breonna Taylor. Presumably you are in possession of some sort of evidence that these 12 grand jurists were not?

Yes one cop was charged for firing excessively. But none were charged with her death.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I admit I have a negative bias towards cops. But that comes from experiences I've had with corrupt cops and the good cops who wouldn't do shit about the corrupt ones as they, before all else, look after each other. Cops have no better ethics of values than you or I. They are in no way better citizens or people than you or I. And I don't believe I have to show them anymore respect or courtesy than I would to you just because they chose to go to work in a blue uniform.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I admit I have a negative bias towards cops. But that comes from experiences I've had with corrupt cops and the good cops who wouldn't do shit about the corrupt ones as they, before all else, look after each other. Cops have no better ethics of values than you or I. They are in no way better citizens or people than you or I. And I don't believe I have to show them anymore respect or courtesy than I would to you just because they chose to go to work in a blue uniform.
Thats fair dude. You could be a priest and have bad ethics lol. I give respect/courtesy to an individual based on their interactions with me.

I could hate and have a negative bias against alot of races/religions/occupations based on what individuals have done to me or people i know. Believe me.

I think its unfair to prejudge an individual and not afford them that respect/courtesy based on race/occupation/beleifs etc etc

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats fair dude. You could be a priest and have bad ethics lol. I give respect/courtesy to an individual based on their interactions with me.

I could hate and have a negative bias against alot of races/religions/occupations based on what individuals have done to me or people i know. Believe me.

I think its unfair to prejudge an individual and not afford them that respect/courtesy based on race/occupation/beleifs etc etc
Fair points man.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If you paraphrase your entire argument by mislabeling and prejudging three police officers as cowards, your opinion can safely be thrown in the trash.
You often preface your arguments by labeling black people who are needlessly shot by cops as criminals. Incorrectly in some cases.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Fair points man.
Fuck you two, fight and argue you idiots, there's no room on the kennel for understanding

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You often preface your arguments by labeling black people who are needlessly shot by cops as criminals. Incorrectly in some cases.
George Floyd was a criminal,
Jacob Blake - criminal
Rayshard Brooks - criminal

I didn't label Breonna Taylor a criminal despite there being circumstantial evidence (jail house recordings) of Breonna having conversations which would be very difficult to construe as anything other than discussions of drug sales and dealings in the proceeds of crime.

If I've mislabeled someone as a criminal then I'll retract it because I'm not in the business of calling someone a criminal unless they are indeed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.