• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whilst I don't really care that much about American politics to get into any in depth discussions, I will predict that this election will have the lowest voter turnout in history, even lower than the very low turnout last time around. This will, of course, assist Trump overall.

Our system in Australia isn't perfect, but fuck America's is truly awful for so so many reasons, including how a president can be voted in by a country where fewer people vote than watch a football game.
Electoral College system seems open to corruption.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post your predictions and general discussion here.

Both Biden and Kamala Harris both let the cat out of the bag yesterday and 'coincidentally enough' both said "a Harris - Biden administration" - inferring that Harris will be the president.

I think this is totally true - Joe Biden is a trojan horse to get Harris into the white house. Harris on her own is unelectable. Performed horribly in the democrat primaries and even democrat voters didn't want a bar of her.

US President Election prediction:

Trump to win both the popular vote and the electoral college.

The tipping point will be the presidential debate(s) where Biden will fall apart without access to a teleprompter. However I think the presidential debates are unlikely to go ahead (because Biden's staff know exactly what will happen if they do).
When Trump loses will you accept the result as democratic process or will you follow the Dumpster down the "it was rigged" rabbit hole with page after page of parroting that farking idiot?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I suspect that if voting was optional, we would have similar turn outs here in Australia. Our elections are held on Saturdays - how many people can be bothered going to the polling booth after a big Friday night out, or parents with kids busy at weekend sport etc.
Saturday voting is there to ensure more people are able to vote - but of course its also combined with compulsory voting, and comes from a time when very few people worked Saturdays (certainly not more than half a day anyway). In the US, many people would struggle to get time off on a Tuesday to vote. Voting, like so many the things in America, is skewed against the poor.

Voting can be a pain, but compulsory and convenient voting is one of the best ways to help democracy. All voting should be online too with a clear result able to be announced the shortly after polls closing, but that's for another day.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You think the demonrats will follow hellary's lead and start shit with Russia if Pedo Joe "wins" since everything is Russia's fault?

The only good thing that trump and the republicunts did was lick Putin's arse clean to keep Russia on Murikas side when China make a move.
I think they will piss Russia off but they'll probably also openly support Chinese oppression of its people and praise China as the hero.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Electoral College system seems open to corruption.
It is. Massively so. It also forces weird political tactics that just shouldn't happen.

The system was designed to support a multi-candidate system based on their own merits. It was never meant to be for a two party preferred system.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
When Trump loses will you accept the result as democratic process or will you follow the Dumpster down the "it was rigged" rabbit hole with page after page of parroting that farking idiot?
Of course I'll accept the result of a democratic election

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trump will win it. Biden is a worse candidate than Hillary. I don't like either of them but the democrats seem to be so desperate that they'll stumble and drop the ball somehow.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think they will piss Russia off but they'll probably also openly support Chinese oppression of its people and praise China as the hero.
Dya reckon? Chynnaa on the nose everywhere and any pollie praising them gonna regret it. Keep quiet best policy :grinning:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It is. Massively so. It also forces weird political tactics that just shouldn't happen.

The system was designed to support a multi-candidate system based on their own merits. It was never meant to be for a two party preferred system.
The electoral college also ensures that states in middle America have their political interests looked after. If it was just a popular voting system, politicians would only care about ppl that lived in LA, NY and Chicago. That’s where the majority do the US population live.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Trump will win for sure. The guy is in so deep with Israel they will select him for another 4 years.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The electoral college also ensures that states in middle America have their political interests looked after. If it was just a popular voting system, politicians would only care about ppl that lived in LA, NY and Chicago. That’s where the majority do the US population live.
Yep. There are upsides and downsides.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'd actually support her more than I currently do if she was just open and honest about her approach to prosecuting. I hate the facade and attempts to cover it all up when it's politically expedient to do so.
You mean like Trump tried to do with COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.