U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree there are still uncertainties. Trump isn't some messiah, but he seems to have been relatively effective at having fewer wars and having less chaos in those particular regions.

There always will be so long as humans inhabit the world. However, there is far less chaos in those two regions than previously. Remember the insane scenes when 1+ million refugees marched across Europe?
You have mistaken less reporting of the chaos as there being less chaos.

These are entirely two different things. Media outlets move on from a subject not because it has been solved but because it's readers are tired of a subject or something trendier comes along that will sell more papers or attract more viewers.

The chaos still exists in the middle east.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I partly agree as well.

The US should never have been there.

But the fact that they have been there and are still there, means they have a responsibility to leave it better off than they found it. To me, Trump pulling troops out suddenly without a plan and leaving allies that helped them to be killed, and allowing enemy fighters free to come back at them is more than irresponsible, it is criminal.

North Korea is just as dangerous as ever. The Middle East is still at war. Neither of these places are better of than they were in 2013 - 2016.
So you want US troops to stay there despite having been there for 19 years? That sounds ridiculous.

Nobody in the media bothers to ask politicians to explain why US troops have been there for as long as they have. They're more concerned with Trump's taxes.

I agree they need an exit plan, and I think they do currently have one haven't researched it enough to know for sure.

America found out what happens when you create a power vaccuum after Obama didn't deal with the Iraq exit strategy and the result was catastrophic.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You have mistaken less reporting of the chaos as there being less chaos.

These are entirely two different things. Media outlets move on from a subject not because it has been solved but because it's readers are tired of a subject or something trendier comes along that will sell more papers or attract more viewers.

The chaos still exists in the middle east.
Are you really saying that the middle east and north korea are just as bad, but we just don't know about it because the media aren't showing us?

I fully grasp the idea that the media can control what we do and don't see, but there are measurable and objective differences between north korea and middle east around 2015/2016 and current.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you want US troops to stay there despite having been there for 19 years? That sounds ridiculous.

Nobody in the media bothers to ask politicians to explain why US troops have been there for as long as they have. They're more concerned with Trump's taxes.

I agree they need an exit plan, and I think they do currently have one haven't researched it enough to know for sure.

America found out what happens when you create a power vaccuum after Obama didn't deal with the Iraq exit strategy and the result was catastrophic.
I never said I want them to stay there, but they have F@#Ked the place up, they should fix it before they leave.

You can research an exit strategy all you like but the only one announced is if it helps Trump being re-elected.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you really saying that the middle east and north korea are just as bad, but we just don't know about it because the media aren't showing us?

I fully grasp the idea that the media can control what we do and don't see, but there are measurable and objective differences between north korea and middle east around 2015/2016 and current.
Yes they really are. Explain to me how they are not?

North Korea still has nuclear bombs.

Iran in experimenting with nuclear bombs and people are still being killed in Syria with a war still raging.

What has changed?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I never said I want them to stay there, but they have F@#Ked the place up, they should fix it before they leave.

You can research an exit strategy all you like but the only one announced is if it helps Trump being re-elected.
I think it's come to a point where staying any longer outweighs the benefits of staying. They need to let the local populations look after themselves. If it hasn't worked after 19 years, it isn't about to work now.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yes they really are. Explain to me how they are not?

North Korea has nuclear bombs.

Iran in experimenting with nuclear bombs and people are still being killed in Syria with a war still raging.

What has changed?
Has North korea tested those bombs? No.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's come to a point where staying any longer outweighs the benefits of staying. They need to let the local populations look after themselves. If it hasn't worked after 19 years, it isn't about to work now.
The benefits to who?

To America? probably.

To the country they helped destroy? Only downside.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has North korea tested those bombs? No.
No, they have tested and have stated they will continue to test the delivery systems for those bombs.

And every one of those tests gets them just a little closer to the USA and to us.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No they have tested and has stated they will continue to test the delivery systems for those bombs.

And every one of those tests gets them just a little closer to the USA and to us.
The last test was September 2017. 3 years ago.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The last test was September 2017. 3 years ago.
Wrong.

October 31, 2019

As for future testing:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Until the next one.

Kim Jong-un has already publicly announced the continuation of testing.
True. But you can't gloss over the fact the world has gone 3 years without north korea testing a nuclear missile. This comes after a period where they tested 2x in 2016 and once in 2017.

You can't just brush that off and say that 3 years of no tests means nothing because 'we are just waiting for the next one'.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I said nuclear test. Not missile test.
Sorry you said nuclear test not nuclear missile delivery system test.

My mistake.

Why would testing a nuclear missile delivery system make a place look dangerous.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True. But you can't gloss over the fact the world has gone 3 years without north korea testing a nuclear missile. This comes after a period where they tested 2x in 2016 and once in 2017.

You can't just brush that off and say that 3 years of no tests means nothing because 'we are just waiting for the next one'.
Now you are just making me repeat myself.

Have a look at the dates.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
America needs a policy on Cops who break the law to try and stop blacks breaking the law.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Now you are just making me repeat myself.

Have a look at the dates.

Yes, there is still uncertainty when it comes to a state like north korea. My only point is there is less uncertainty than pre 2016. That is a good thing.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, there is still uncertainty when it comes to a state like north korea. My only point is there is less uncertainty than pre 2016. That is a good thing.
I must admit I like your optimism.

But I completely disagree. The threat from North Korea has intensified because they have had 3 extra years of testing missiles and have developed better systems because of it.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.