Opinion Am I asking for too much?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is it unrealistic of me to expect the club to be able to produce content similar to this? I find it far easier to relate to players and staff when you see them behind the scenes interacting with each other through various drills and activities.

Obviously don't expect it to be at the same level of this or as regularly, but fuck me give us some more than a few useless pictures of players running.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, digital content is far less than other years. Videos and training photos would make me much more excited for this season. Crazy that it’s so overlooked

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it unrealistic of me to expect the club to be able to produce content similar to this? I find it far easier to relate to players and staff when you see them behind the scenes interacting with each other through various drills and activities.

Obviously don't expect it to be at the same level of this or as regularly, but fuck me give us some more than a few useless pictures of players running.

Not a bad idea at all mate..!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be another thread about our recruitment :tearsofjoy:

To answer your question, no you are not. It would be nice to see a little more.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Liverpool's budget for that type of thing would blow the Bulldogs out of the water but you still have a massive point.

Look at Newcastle they have several 9 min behind the scene documentaries on their whole pre-season plus plenty more interesting content.
https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/watch/

The 'Dogs have a couple of generic interviews from the NRL about players getting selected for the All Stars.
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/watch/

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's the content fans want to see so if we want to grow the game and connection between fans and players we need to head in that direction. Neville recently talked about this on SkySports regarding Soccer.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Contact them and ask mate. Even though it’s a pansy sport the club needs to improve our media and could learn a lot from that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Liverpool's budget for that type of thing would blow the Bulldogs out of the water but you still have a massive point.

Look at Newcastle they have several 9 min behind the scene documentaries on their whole pre-season plus plenty more interesting content.
https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/watch/

The 'Dogs have a couple of generic interviews from the NRL about players getting selected for the All Stars.
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/watch/
For sure, that's why I said I didn't expect it to be at the same level or as regular as Liverpool. But the Broncos literally followed Seibold from his house to training and gave us a rough idea of what the average training day is, so it's certainly possible for Dogs to produce this sort of content.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Very valid - but they've even got a sponsor for their videos - we might just focus on landing a major first :-)
Slick video production like that ain't cheap but not as expensive as it used to be with more modern tech.
In a previous job I had a proposal into the club for stuff like this back in about 2013 but unfortunately they didn't want to put a dollar towards it - possibly it was too early, before it was the norm.
If it could be done cost neutral to the club they should do it - so it should go on the list of those seeking sponsorships.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The website and other ways of communicating are things the club has great control over but is failing badly - im happy to see what happens this year and in terms of recruitment for 2021 - but in terms of online promotion n communication across the board it has been dismal.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You're not satisfied with Zap's Wrap? Actually, is that still a thing?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Raiders have excellent content...as a comparator.

Patriots is next level, budget obviously next level also.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed, digital content is far less than other years. Videos and training photos would make me much more excited for this season. Crazy that it’s so overlooked
It's key to creating a connection between the club and fans and building a healthy relationship, but our club just doesn't seem the least bit interested.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
For sure, that's why I said I didn't expect it to be at the same level or as regular as Liverpool. But the Broncos literally followed Seibold from his house to training and gave us a rough idea of what the average training day is, so it's certainly possible for Dogs to produce this sort of content.
You want to see Dean Pay driving from his house to Belmore? That will bring the marquee signings haha

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The clubs stuck in the stone age with Steve Turner still in charge of the media side of things. You need a experienced professional doing this type of thing now.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It’s a guy filming a training session and doing an hour or two editing. Not unrealistic at all.

Could easily be a regular thing throughout the year (weekly, fortnightly, etc)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You want to see Dean Pay driving from his house to Belmore? That will bring the marquee signings haha
Well maybe if I saw a more human side of Pay and what the average day for him is like then it might be easier to relate to him and form a different opinion of him.