Opinion Alternative Rock/ Punk / Grunge

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think do or die was on lars label they have toured a shit load together
yeah cool, haven't heard much of Dropkick Murphys myself... started watching this last night, you guys may have already seen it - documentary on live gigs by Hellcat bands, looks pretty good, might finish watching it it after work

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't stop watching that clip, the guy is a fucken god with sticks in his hands. Faaark. Must've watched it on a loop for a couple of hours last night.
Check this guy out analysing DC's playing, I found it interesting and some of the shit he says, especially at 12.13, is gold.
Another drumming freak @Motorhead @Roll the Bones

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Thinking of getting my young bloke a kit for Christmas, he seems to be getting hooked on the Rock Band ps3 game.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting my young bloke a kit for Christmas, he seems to be getting hooked on the Rock Band ps3 game.
Go electric I got a decent electronic kit some cool sounds and can plug in plat to programmes and play anytime you want

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the Aldi stores have a decent electric kit. But no electric kit is as good as a real kit.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Go electric I got a decent electronic kit some cool sounds and can plug in plat to programmes and play anytime you want
Cheers for the suggestion mate, come to think of it electric would be more practical. Do they sound pretty much the same as a proper kit?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Some of the Aldi stores have a decent electric kit. But no electric kit is as good as a real kit.
Might be a good starting point, especially noise-wise for the neighbours! Are electric ones basically set up the same as ridgy-didge ones?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Might be a good starting point, especially noise-wise for the neighbours! Are electric ones basically set up the same as ridgy-didge ones?
Yep. But they're generally connected to a central frame. The frame is adjustable though. Most normal kits are separate pieces.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
My favorite thing about drumming is double bass pedals/drums. Love the sound of it.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
One of the Offspring's best

Possibly their best song, top post mate. That album for me was without question their best, after they became commercial their music headed south. Not many, if any, weak songs on this album.