Alone At Dawn - John Chapman's Medal of Honor acts caught on film

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I decided to make a thread to post the video about US Air Force Master Sergeant John Chapman after seeing the footage of his Medal of Honor acts earlier on. I feel the video is worth the watch and should be shared. Even though the footage is from 2002, this version of it is from only a little while back. It's also reported to be the first ever Medal of Honor caught on camera.

I also just purchased the book "Alone At Dawn", which tells the story of John Chapman and the battle of Takur Ghar.

Make the video full screen to view it best.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey matsta, this thread got no love , so I gotta leave a comment .!! Thanks for the watch :p

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey matsta, this thread got no love , so I gotta leave a comment .!! Thanks for the watch :p
I know, it's a shame. Thought it may have had more interest. A man putting all on the line to help his fellow comrades in a last stand against the enemy, to me was mild blowing watching it unfold.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was so cut that he died. Why wasn’t he picked the leader by the way? The official leader was following him. Unless he was disobeying orders and went fill Rambo mode? Either way it is heroic what he did just fkn pissed off those dirty islamist talibanians killed him. There was another one or two similar stories like this where seals would start a mission goes horribly wrong and the choonuk goes down with soldiers on board. Didn’t the whole osama bin laden seal team 6 get wiped out in a helicopter crash? I keep having to remind myself these guys may be superhuman but they don’t have super powers. It also says no matter how much of a beast you are, a bullet will put the greatest soldier down shot by a fkn little
Shit behind trees. It’s almost like warfare became a game of cowards. I’m literally going on a massive rant here, but when the Spartans were defeated by one of the Greek nations I think Athens or the other one (can’t remember the name) they brought bows and arrows, the Spartans were apparently yelling out to fight them like men face to face rather than like girls far away with their soyboy arrows lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh more Americans in places they have no business