Allan Impresses At Fullback

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can't necessarily blame DWZ for those overlap tries .. if he holds his position the try is scored closer to the posts and the hole will be created in between DWZ and Hoppa rather than outside of DWZ..

The fault of those tries falls on Hoppa, waddell or Flanagan.. they should of counted the overlap and jammed in rather than holding the line. If if they just temporarily held up the pass , it would of been enough for the cover defense to turn up..

Maybe DWZ should of jammed in also.. but the blame can be shared by those 4..
Agree. The winger always looks at fault with an overlap as they are the last defender in. I'm no coach but to me it looked like Hoppa jammed in onto Flannos man which created the overlap and left DWZ outnumbered. It looked like DWZ and Hoppa had words after both those tries.
Regardless of who's fault it was, it needs to be rectified before Round 1 otherwise teams will pick us apart on our right edge

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't necessarily blame DWZ for those overlap tries .. if he holds his position the try is scored closer to the posts and the hole will be created in between DWZ and Hoppa rather than outside of DWZ..

The fault of those tries falls on Hoppa, waddell or Flanagan.. they should of counted the overlap and jammed in rather than holding the line. If if they just temporarily held up the pass , it would of been enough for the cover defense to turn up..

Maybe DWZ should of jammed in also.. but the blame can be shared by those 4..
I take what u say,but yesterday’s trial was not a first,dwz was terrible last year,did u take note last year ,every team we played targeted him,either in attack or the high ball,I love the way he runs the ball,and would love to see him fix those problems he has,but our wing stocks are not strong at the moment,so we don’t have a lot of alternatives.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Priorities SD!?! :-).
Yeah I know right
Some people need to work DD keeping that great Australian company afloat lol
Don‘t worry mate I’ll be there come season proper
How are you feeling today, bit dusty

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Couldn't fault him. Only thing that I didn't like was when he passed for DWZ for the disallowed try. would have liked to see Allan engage the line more before passing, or go himself

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Very safe at the back, would have liked to have seen him on with deitz making breaks

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Very safe at the back, would have liked to have seen him on with deitz making breaks
I would've liked to have seen him on with the earlier team in the first 60... everytime I think maybe we can play Katoa ahead JMK, Katoa comes out and reminds me why that defenitely can't happen :tearsofjoy:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Safe under the high ball & kick return was solid (TICK).

A big body that isn't getting dominated & put onto his back in the tackle - means our first play the ball is quicker (TICK).

Chimed in seamlessly in attacking backline moves & poses a silky set of hands to delivery the money ball (BIG TICK).

Speed to burn might be the only negative at this stage, but we will wait & see on that one.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I know right
Some people need to work DD keeping that great Australian company afloat lol
Don‘t worry mate I’ll be there come season proper
How are you feeling today, bit dusty
Good on you mate keep the wheels turning.
All good this end, firing on all cylinders :-).

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would've liked to have seen him on with the earlier team in the first 60... everytime I think maybe we can play Katoa ahead JMK, Katoa comes out and reminds me why that defenitely can't happen :tearsofjoy:
Very true, going off what tbaz has said he is missing sessions due to his work , so until he commits 100% can’t see him in first grade unfortunately. Might have to wait until round 11 or until he gets it sorted

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on you mate keep the wheels turning.
All good this end, firing on all cylinders :-).
I was going to ask you how was the vibe amongst the players in general
Did it look like the boys were up for the task and perhaps a different feel from other years
Are we noticeably fitter across the park/step quicker

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Very true, going off what tbaz has said he is missing sessions due to his work , so until he commits 100% can’t see him in first grade unfortunately. Might have to wait until round 11 or until he gets it sorted
It's hard...club probably wants to see more of him before offering him a contract while he's looking for a contract offer before he fully commits and leaves his job. If true that Harding is gone and we have two spots available then I'd just take the risk and promote him..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Showed more heart than meaney has in 2years too
Very solid debut for us
That's not fair on Meaney, he may not have the size but he tried h
Barrett gives him a full-time gig then the sessions follow. Can understand why Deitz would be so cautious.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Momentary lapse...thought he was passing to Johnston who might have scored lol
Agree, these things will become more natural as time goes on. I do wish we signed Johnston when Souths were fucking him around though.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree, these things will become more naturally as time goes on. I do wish we signed Johnston when Souths were fucking him around though.
Would be very handy now. A shame. But sc may have played a part?

We should have the funds to improve in certain areas where we are lacking next year with all those players off contract.

Its probably going to be a bit of another frustrating year due to roster again in vulnerable positions, but we know it takes time to assemble a good roster from basically not much.

They've all done well to assemble this team we have atm...it's the building block to work on and 2 def stars in Burton and JAC to add next year.

Regardless us supporters will have plenty to talk about :grinning: and even celebrate the improvement.