Allan Impresses At Fullback

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep thats how i seen it watching it for a 2nd time.
Hoppa and Waddell were the main ones to blame they squash in next to Flanno and Hoppa is too slow to get on the outside and drags Dwz in.
I thought Hoppa was horrible.
TBH this is not the first time this has been an issue with Hoppa.. he will be a massive liability in defense in the Centres, as he has been previously .. last time this sort of thing happened the Hoppa fan club wanted to blame everyone around Hoppa and ignored that fact that he was the link pin..

Hoppa may have good hands, may have good carries coming out of our half, but he is tremendously slow off the mark and has terrible lateral movement and really poor anticipation.. opposition teams will target him with great success.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH this is not the first time this has been an issue with Hoppa.. he will be a massive liability in defense in the Centres, as he has been previously .. last time this sort of thing happened the Hoppa fan club wanted to blame everyone around Hoppa and ignored that fact that he was the link pin..

Hoppa may have good hands, may have good carries coming out of our half, but he is tremendously slow off the mark and has terrible lateral movement and really poor anticipation.. opposition teams will target him with great success.
Currently the cream their jeans choice for buying a centre is Staggs, who has accumulated 72 missed tackles in the last 2 years whilst Hopoate has 49. Personally if I was in an opposition team I'd be targeting Staggs, I'd have a 47% better chance of him missing me.

As everyone knows, defence wasn't really our issue last year, we had less points scored against us than the Donkeys, Cowgirls, Sea Gulls and Tuggers. If we had 1 less point scored against us in each game we would have had the same against as the Sharks, who finished 8th.

Go Dogs

• Haha
Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Currently the cream their jeans choice for buying a centre is Staggs, who has accumulated 72 missed tackles in the last 2 years whilst Hopoate has 49. Personally if I was in an opposition team I'd be targeting Staggs, I'd have a 47% better chance of him missing me.

As everyone knows, defence wasn't really our issue last year, we had less points scored against us than the Donkeys, Cowgirls, Sea Gulls and Tuggers. If we had 1 less point scored against us in each game we would have had the same against as the Sharks, who finished 8th.

Go Dogs
Hoppa probably has fewer missed tackles because you need to be in the same post code to be considered a miss tackle....

Katoni more than makes up for his defense, with his attack.. Hoppa doesn't

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah for sure.. if people want to hate DWZ, that's their choice... But don't let the hate cloud your judgement..

If I had to blame someone for those tries I'd go with Hoppa for the first one and waddell for the second.. but I still believe the whole edge played their part..
I don't hate DWZ or anyone in a blue and white jersey, and it doesn't really matter about those 2 tries because - 1. it was a trial and hopefully we can learn and fix up the mistakes on that edge & 2. we won the game which was really exiting as we have not won a trial in a long time and it's a great way to start the season, but a lot of people are putting shit on Meaney which I feel is unwarranted and I've given my reasons why in about 6 different posts on this thread and I'm stating my opinion on why I think Meaney is the most valuable winger of the two

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't hate DWZ or anyone in a blue and white jersey, and it doesn't really matter about those 2 tries because - 1. it was a trial and hopefully we can learn and fix up the mistakes on that edge & 2. we won the game which was really exiting as we have not won a trial in a long time and it's a great way to start the season, but a lot of people are putting shit on Meaney which I feel is unwarranted and I've given my reasons why in about 6 different posts on this thread and I'm stating my opinion on why I think Meaney is the most valuable winger of the two
Most people are shitting on both Meaney and DWZ tbf.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our 2022 wingers will be JAC and Okunbur, really hope he comes up good from the Reco they suggest sometime in June he should be ready?
Have to put up with a bit of mediocrity on the wings until then unfortunately.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our 2022 wingers will be JAC and Okunbur, really hope he comes up good from the Reco they suggest sometime in June he should be ready?
Have to put up with a bit of mediocrity on the wings until then unfortunately.
Unless we can move DWZ on early I still see him being our winger with JAC. DWZ's on too much money too not be in first grade and I personally think he'd get until ~half way through 2022 until being dropped completely (assuming he continues how he has been).

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Considering Hoppa spent a lot of time at fullback, the stats certainly don't flatter him..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless we can move DWZ on early I still see him being our winger with JAC. DWZ's on too much money too not be in first grade and I personally think he'd get until ~half way through 2022 until being dropped completely (assuming he continues how he has been).
Hope we can, pretty confident Oko can be more damaging, has more upside and probably more will to succeed than the current version of DWZ..JO on kick returns with big Nick also still taking the odd one will be good for starting our sets too!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's not fair on Meaney, he may not have the size but he tried h
Barrett gives him a full-time gig then the sessions follow. Can understand why Deitz would be so cautious.

If Meaney could get some good ball he may surprise a few.
We know he has pace and it's time we started playing to his strengths.
I agree, to say he hasn't tried is significantly off the mark.