All said and done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am glad all this signing saga has happened!
It has put a rocket up our comfortable players arse to actually start playing.

It was obvious we had the caliber of players but.... We're too comfortable to perform (on good long term money).
24 months later- the board(finally act)

Des to clean the dead wood! Clean out and let's get quality players
All players are on notice and not safe!

Although I still think we r shit but atleast we are putting in!
Shit because our spine is fucked and have persisted with this useless combo too long without trying diff things.

I hope Moses is being shopped around as he has been the most disappointing player of the lot!
4yrs- unbelievable on 750k.
Remember - he was killing it at centre. And we signed him as a half for $750k

Clearly- he is not a half back!
Can he play fullback? Try him- if he fails - cut him loose! Otherwise he is taking up our cap for another Marquez player like cooper Cronk!
As a centre/9'maybe but not for $750k

I'd keep Reynolds over mbye but if they can't resolve how they can fit woods and Foran- he will leave.
But having said that. He has not played well for several yrs(not his fault entirely as he had mr useless beside him and clearly can't organise his own bed unless there a real half back next to him.

In my opinion...

The players we need to shed
Tolman(again how? How was he signed up??)

Eastwood( thank u for ur services and loyalty- time to move on)

Morris twins(as above as ur are getting old and slow and injury prone). Brett is on big $ as we signed him up as a fullback but is playing wing. Why?

Stanley( why is plastic man still on our books)

Licha ( prove us wrong at another club cause u r useless here)

Kasiano( ur too fat. Tired of ur 15 min play time and 15 sec or brilliance and I would trade a quality player anyday if it means we need to lose ur 15 sec brilliance- we need an 80 min gun player!

Keep Hoppa (at centre) but no upgrade! And plays on Sunday's otherwise he can fuk off

Reynolds( looks like he will be pushed out though) but where does he play if he re-signs? Frawly is our future.

Frawley a must! I had raps for this kid since I saw his highlight reel when in Canberra and finally has made it thanks to mbye being useless! And thank god he Mbye got suspended for frawly get his chance! Was it me or was I the only one cheering as des had to force his hand

Mbye (only as fullback) or utility but downgrade his contract(good luck)
Graham- at all cost keep him

Last edited:

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Great post. Sums yp the last 2 months. Everyone is looking to 2018 when 2017 is there to be won. If players play to their ability we can give the comp a shake.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree with some but not all of it. Mozzes havent been injured for 12 months, so currently not injury prone. Bmoz has also played the last 3 or so matches at fullback. And slow, im thinking not. So u have the mozzes wrong completely

Hass

Waterboy
Reaction score
Did you eat a bowl of used by corn flakes or what? Sam kasiano is our best forward even its for 3 min, he is the impact and reynolds is our gun our future please eat fresh products

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you eat a bowl of used by corn flakes or what? Sam kasiano is our best forward even its for 3 min, he is the impact and reynolds is our gun our future please eat fresh products
Lol pffffff.if it meant get rid of him to get cooper Cronk or gun player-
Good bye mr 15 sec.cant win premierships in September with players like him! Too risky, fat and a liability in my eyes.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree with some but not all of it. Mozzes havent been injured for 12 months, so currently not injury prone. Bmoz has also played the last 3 or so matches at fullback. And slow, im thinking not. So u have the mozzes wrong completely
What r u talking about- bmozz has been very injury prone- missed ha.f a season
Josh is starting to creep mistakes in his game and more important- does not look,for the ball at all and waits for it to come to him.
Regardless - both on big $

We will be very silly to upgrade their contract

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Moving Mbye on doesn't accomplish anything, No-one will sign him to the money we are paying at this stage so we pay another club to play against us....I am never a fan of this scenario. Hell I even wanted us to keep Rat boy but put him into reserves until his contract was up. Mbye's best position need to be solved so we can get some of our investment back. I have no doubt Mbye can be a quality player, especially if he plays a position that suits him. As for deadwood, well Des was the biggest dead wood and the standard at our club was from his leadership or lack there of. I spine is potentially good now if Des can bite the bullet for once admit his failures, we all have them but ego can prevent us from seeing it. If the choice ends up Reynolds for Foran than it is no choice.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
As Long as Reynolds stays the mediocrity continues..

Has the last 6 years shown u anything.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Mbye will be on close to $1million next season because he had a ratchet clause in his contract which means he gets a % increase according to how much the salary cap goes up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Right now I just want to back the 2017 Bulldogs. Screw the future. Let's just win the premiership this year.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Apparently Mbye will be on close to $1million next season because he had a ratchet clause in his contract which means he gets a % increase according to how much the salary cap goes up.
I think we need to try and overlook whatever he is being paid. As I said earlier I doubt anyone would match what we are paying so no advantage in releasing him. What we need to do is find which position brings out his best so we can get a return of investment. For me he could be a FB, Centre or Hooker. I think Hooker wastes his speed a little bit and I am hoping Abbey comes on at FB. Maybe he could be our long term replacement for JMoz? For me the Mozzes are on the decline through age and injuries so their clocks must be ticking? Maybe Mbye is our next Centre?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I think we need to try and overlook whatever he is being paid. As I said earlier I doubt anyone would match what we are paying so no advantage in releasing him. What we need to do is find which position brings out his best so we can get a return of investment. For me he could be a FB, Centre or Hooker. I think Hooker wastes his speed a little bit and I am hoping Abbey comes on at FB. Maybe he could be our long term replacement for JMoz? For me the Mozzes are on the decline through age and injuries so their clocks must be ticking? Maybe Mbye is our next Centre?
Alternatively if we pay 200k per year of his salary then we have 750k to play with. We could get 2 players that would both do a better job for that coin.

I dont like the idea of cutting players contracts or shopping them but the fact that we dont know his best position is and he is going to be close to 1mill next season, this puts our roster at a disadvantage carrying this passenger.

The only value he could possibly provide would be by becoming a top 2-3 player in the 9 or 1 jersey.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Alternatively if we pay 200k per year of his salary then we have 750k to play with. We could get 2 players that would both do a better job for that coin.

I dont like the idea of cutting players contracts or shopping them but the fact that we dont know his best position is and he is going to be close to 1mill next season, this puts our roster at a disadvantage carrying this passenger.

The only value he could possibly provide would be by becoming a top 2-3 player in the 9 or 1 jersey.
I don't think he is a passenger, just supercoach has used him wrong and we haven't tried anything different.....until the pressure was put on Des. He has been great at 9 already, has great speed, good cut out pass and can run good lines. I think he is one of those players that if released we watch him carve up at a Storm team and regret the decision.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think he is a passenger, just supercoach has used him wrong and we haven't tried anything different.....until the pressure was put on Des. He has been great at 9 already, has great speed, good cut out pass and can run good lines. I think he is one of those players that if released we watch him carve up at a Storm team and regret the decision.
You,are prob right but i turn red in the mean time when he starts of at 7.
As soon as des gives him a "position" other than 7- then id be happy.
Tired of his kick bombs and miss goals and offers nooooootttttthing!

Change him now!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
But if he is not carving up for us on that money he is a virtual passenger and night as well go carve up for whoever. Agree he has been used wrong but I dont want to see us hang onto another player that doesnt perform on a huge contract forcing others out of the club.

Looks much better at 9 and should be given a chance there before being shopped but we dont have years to wait.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
But if he is not carving up for us on that money he is a virtual passenger and night as well go carve up for whoever. Agree he has been used wrong but I dont want to see us hang onto another player that doesnt perform on a huge contract forcing others out of the club.

Looks much better at 9 and should be given a chance there before being shopped but we dont have years to wait.
I agree with you and Silerelvis69, I would have Frawley in the run on and Mbye in a position already, it's just Des.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye should be put at 9 now yes his d will need some work but he will be a gun dummy half

Status
Not open for further replies.