News All 3 grades to return on game day

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL push to bring back all three grades on game days (nine.com.au)

The NRL is looking to go old school with the configuration of game days, vowing to bring back all three grades to the schedule.

The ARLC chairman Peter V'Landys and NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo's are looking at the logistics behind staging reserve grade and under-21s games before NRL matches in what would be a return to the golden age of the game in the '80's and '90's where fans could follow the development of rising stars through the lower grades.

The NRL is corresponding with state leagues from the NSWRL and QRL on relaunching the model that will give fans three games to watch on match days. Despite the financial impact of such a move on NRL clubs, league bosses say it can be done but will start with matches on Saturday and Sundays to begin with.

"The concept of having fans being able to see up-and-coming and younger talent in the feeder competitions, or even a superstar making their comeback from injury, we believe that is a great project for us to work on,'' Abdo said.

This would certainly make me attend more games, hope the NRL get it done.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ll believe it when i see it

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ll believe it when i see it
Tend to agree with you. Remember how many times ANZ chucked a tanty and because of rain would not let us have the NSW Cup game on before first grade...even when it had been set down for playing on the same day. They just swapped it out to Belmore on another day...