Alert: Potential Scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably not a scam as such, but i got one of those annoying calls just now where there is a pause, then a click (and you know what's going to be next).

Him: Hello is this Mr CroydonDog
Me: So, this is a sales call. What are you selling?
Him: (ignoring me and straight on onto the script): This is Simon from .....
Me: Yeah, you're name is Simon. (end call).

Problem is my mobile number of my work line, so i have to take every call, even if i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with work.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Probably not a scam as such, but i got one of those annoying calls just now where there is a pause, then a click (and you know what's going to be next).

Him: Hello is this Mr CroydonDog
Me: So, this is a sales call. What are you selling?
Him: (ignoring me and straight on onto the script): This is Simon from .....
Me: Yeah, you're name is Simon. (end call).

Problem is my mobile number of my work line, so i have to take every call, even if i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with work.
So Sunjay is translated to Simon these days? Lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
One just came in...

0402 591 379

A lady greeted me as "sir" (meaning she doesn't know my name) from a place called "The Australian Contact Centre" - I immediately said "not interested thank you" and hung up. She had a pommy accent. Has anyone received anything like this before? This is the 3rd time they've called me. I might block the number if they call me again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One just came in...

0402 591 379

A lady greeted me as "sir" (meaning she doesn't know my name) from a place called "The Australian Contact Centre" - I immediately said "not interested thank you" and hung up. She had a pommy accent. Has anyone received anything like this before? This is the 3rd time they've called me. I might block the number if they call me again.
Assassina (the Mrs lol) got one from that contact centre too. She did a me and "politely" told them which body part to put into which orifice lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
One just came in...

0402 591 379

Reply back angrily "I'm not Sir.. I am King.. address me as such".

Then tell her its a timely call as one of your contacts just fell out.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Reply back angrily "I'm not Sir.. I am King.. address me as such".

Then tell her its a timely call as one of your contacts just fell out.
Bro I thought you would've had a reply consisting of some interesting information about the company like you usually do :D Don't slacken off on us Mr I - this place NEEDS YOU that way you are.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just got a scam call from area code 07

I told him to hold the line while I finish fucking his grandma so I can blow on her face.

He replied "that's very rude sir" told him to eat a bag of curried dicks and hung up.
Bahahaha,Fuck, I just pissed myself

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't had a scam call in a while. I'm expecting one now my number is linked with my work colleagues through what's crap

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bro I thought you would've had a reply consisting of some interesting information about the company like you usually do :D Don't slacken off on us Mr I - this place NEEDS YOU that way you are.
LOL I have nothing for this place... first time I've heard of this scam.

Wahesh

Reaction score
LOL I have nothing for this place... first time I've heard of this scam.
Well they call themselves The Australian Contact Centre and a google search didn’t help. Also the number only lead to a few reverse Australia finds but nothing concrete. Next time they ring up I’ll ask for their ABN

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yay!!!!!

Just got an SMS from "MR JAMES" (no number associated with it).
"Hi Mr James you have won 100 Free Euro spins... to redeem visit http://bit.ly/<some BS site>"

*DELETED*

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yay!!!!!

Just got an SMS from "MR JAMES" (no number associated with it).
"Hi Mr James you have won 100 Free Euro spins... to redeem visit http://bit.ly/<some BS site>"

*DELETED*
So you're James and I'm Brendan. Bloody hell I hate those SMS messages that don't have a number with them FFS.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So you're James and I'm Brendan. Bloody hell I hate those SMS messages that don't have a number with them FFS.
The way I see it, unsolicited (dodgy) spammers should have their offices burnt to the ground..... whilst they are still in them.

If you contact your carrier, even though YOU can't see the number, the carrier always has the number transmitted through them. Same with people who block their numbers/callerID, the carrier can still see that information.

Vodafone are good like that, I had to call them a few years back after I kept getting spam calls with the number hidden from the same place.

Also blocking any overseas numbers helps as well (if you don't get calls from overseas).

AVAST is pretty good with it's spam number blocker too.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The way I see it, unsolicited (dodgy) spammers should have their offices burnt to the ground..... whilst they are still in them.

If you contact your carrier, even though YOU can't see the number, the carrier always has the number transmitted through them. Same with people who block their numbers/callerID, the carrier can still see that information.

Vodafone are good like that, I had to call them a few years back after I kept getting spam calls with the number hidden from the same place.

Also blocking any overseas numbers helps as well (if you don't get calls from overseas).

AVAST is pretty good with it's spam number blocker too.
I'm with Vodafone, however these annoying Brendan things are coming on my work (Telstra) phone. Do you think a Telstra shop can try and stop them? I also got one from Centrelink or some agency like that telling me to call them if I did not register with them. So I did, and then they told me to ignore it. FMD. Seriously.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm with Vodafone, however these annoying Brendan things are coming on my work (Telstra) phone. Do you think a Telstra shop can try and stop them? I also got one from Centrelink or some agency like that telling me to call them if I did not register with them. So I did, and then they told me to ignore it. FMD. Seriously.
Telstra have a Nuisance/Unwanted call department as well and are pretty good. They can put a trace on your number for a month, and you call up when you get such messages/calls.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
After my last update on my phone (S8+), the phone tells me where the call is coming from, like the city and the company name.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Telstra have a Nuisance/Unwanted call department as well and are pretty good. They can put a trace on your number for a month, and you call up when you get such messages/calls.
The thing is I will need to call Telstra and deal with all this crap. It might be easier for me to buy a whistle and empty my lungs out into the mic next time they ring. However I think that might be a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.