WWOS MOLE Albert Hopoate

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unlike his brother he seems to have speed. Just watched the highlights and he scored a 90m try with defenders chasing him - something Will could never do....unless he was being chased by Montoya.
Might be a good backup FB to Staines

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unlike his brother he seems to have speed. Just watched the highlights and he scored a 90m try with defenders chasing him - something Will could never do....unless he was being chased by Montoya.
He would be a walk up start in our backline his a gun if we get staines I would put him outside will and have them on the same side they could cause some damage hopefully it comes off reading manly forum they reckon he will be at the dogs next year

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That was 3 years and 2 ACLs ago against 15-16 year olds.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was 3 years and 2 ACLs ago against 15-16 year olds.
Aahh, thought it was from last year.

The ACLs are a concern but as somebody mentioned earlier Tedesco recovered from 2 ACLs so he could still go on to have a long career
My main concern is his speed - we dont want him to turn out like Will, a good ball playing slow FB
Staines would have to be the main target for FB

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can score a decent length of the field try, his highlights include a lot of length of the field trys and he has speed to burn

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There was this kid that used to play for manly under barrett. Wright is his name. May be tom wright. A very nippy half. Went to rugby but i read not long ago he was thinking of going back to nrl. They should look at this guy.
Was thinking the same but he just re-signed with the Brumbies

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gees manly have a terrible track record with injuries... Is it in their water or is it crookvale oval that's the problem..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gees manly have a terrible track record with injuries... Is it in their water or is it crookvale oval that's the problem..
I've always thought training and playing in the potholes at Brookvale was the reason for so many of their players having serious leg injuries over the years.

Reactions: GDR

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manly fans are seething that Des isn't giving him a run, is he that good?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
stop comparing Albert to tedesco...

tedesco is once in a generation player

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
stop comparing Albert to tedesco...

tedesco is once in a generation player
I think they are comparing about injury recovery not actually ability. The fact that Teddy did both ACLS while relatively young in his career and bounced back and seems to be injury free that maybe the fact Albert has done both as well at a similar time that he could also bounce back and be injury free, or a Chase Stanley who continually did ACLS over his career.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've always thought training and playing in the potholes at Brookvale was the reason for so many of their players having serious leg injuries over the years.
They train at Narrabeen but Brookvale is a shithole. Maybe they skimp on medical treatment if they couldn’t afford furniture

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are comparing about injury recovery not actually ability. The fact that Teddy did both ACLS while relatively young in his career and bounced back and seems to be injury free that maybe the fact Albert has done both as well at a similar time that he could also bounce back and be injury free, or a Chase Stanley who continually did ACLS over his career.
I know what was meant by it, however the comparison could of been made to 100 other young players suffering knee injuries, but comparing him to tedesco insinuates that he will be the next big thing....