WWOS MOLE Albert Hopoate

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes definitely worth the gamble, if he can stay injury free and play to his potential then he could be a great player. These are the exact types of buys we need to ensure we arent overspending while still having young, talented players

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
isn't it crazy what a change of coach can do? barrett is rumoured to have signed and already we have cotric, CHN potentially willing to stay and are chasing quality youngsters like burton and hopoate. looks like we might be moving in the right direction already

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he doesn't play Sunday's, that will greatly reduce the risk of more injuries

Reactions: CCC

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Live in Manly area and know quite a lot of boys around here in the league scene. Albert is easily the best in the family talent wise. Definitely worth a go instead of Bird.
we can afford to get them both, he looks a freakish talent.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
isn't it crazy what a change of coach can do? barrett is rumoured to have signed and already we have cotric, CHN potentially willing to stay and are chasing quality youngsters like burton and hopoate. looks like we might be moving in the right direction already
To be fair pay wasn’t given the chance by the board to recruit the players he wanted but I agree it’s refreshing to see

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah was a tough call for pay but i wonder whether he wouldve been able to recruit such players?
I certainly don’t think he was an attraction for potential recruits let’s hope barrett can bring some players over, although he didn’t deliver at manly he did sign some top players e.g api, walker, Taupau, afb, Thompson etc.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly don’t think he was an attraction for potential recruits let’s hope barrett can bring some players over, although he didn’t deliver at manly he did sign some top players e.g api, walker, Taupau, afb, Thompson etc.
yeah i agree, im still undecided on barrett but if he can land a few of the names mentioned then thats a massive tick of approval for him anyway. fingers crossed

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are getting sponsored by Canterbury hospital. Why not sign every injury prone player when it's a two minute walk to the hospital lol

Malla

Reaction score
benji had how many shoulder recos? what about SBW.. it happens more in their early days.
Shoulder recos different to knee's.

Teddy did have some ACL issues early in his career - can't remember if he had full reco's. Either way i agree that he would be worth a crack.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We should be going after Jamil as well. At the very least they're good depth signings.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How does he compare to the younger Trobojavic?

Albert Hopoate has had that aura around him. Wonder if he'd have a spot on the team if it wasnt for injury (he'd definitely grab a spot before Harper thats for sure).

Interesting to see where it goes, if he still possesses all his speed and strength then definitely worth a 250k contract. If we start offering million dollar 3 year contracts thats when it gets into the danger zone.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We should be going after Jamil as well. At the very least they're good depth signings.
Agree Jamil would come at good value as broncos haven’t offered him a contract. Good edge back rower and tackles tough. Even if he’s used off the bench or as depth it’s an astute signing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
A fullback which means he's behind Tommy Turbo, so he can't stay at Manly. We need a fullback, for cheap we're not risking much.