WWOS MOLE Albert Hopoate

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_4803.JPG

Only the mole I know but Hoppas younger brother tipped for big things but had no luck with injuries over the past couple of years. Would be a good cheap buy for a young player. Walking highlight reel in juniors for years now. Thoughts?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a great prospect but two ACL surgeries ain't no joke. If he's signed for cheap enough, then he's worth the gamble.

Hopefully for his sake he can turn things around like Teddy who had two ACL injuries early in his career and has been healthy since.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the value of his contract would reflect his current injury circumstances. If he comes good it would be fantastic. He is by all reports the most naturally gifted of the Hopoate kids.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would be on near minimum wage. Might be damaged and a gamble that be worth taking.

Would make more of a Top 30 spot than Holland or Montoya.

Not every signing has to be a FG signing. He can prove his fitness in Canterbury Cup.

If he comes good then we got a bargin if he doesn't still cost us less than Holland or Montoya

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't it common for young athletes to injure both acls, in the fact that if they tear one knee the chances of doing the other knee becomes higher. I'm sure I seen that somewhere?

Look at Teddy, done both his knees in relative time then came back to become a superstar and stayed pretty healthy since. Not saying that will be the same case with Hoppa here. He could turn in to a Chase Stanley type who continually had knee reconstructions throughout his nrl career.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Worth the risk at the right price, what that price is I don't know.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my Achilles torn in two places, sign me up!! I don't want a mammoth contract either.

But seriously I would give him a chance if price was ok. We need to move on Holland, Crichton, Montoya who offer nothing in attack or defense

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only if he’s quicker than his brother and not as dumb as his dad
He's a beast I saw him score a length of the field try from his own in goal just brushing off about 5 defenders against our H Matts side a few years ago.

The big question will be how much pace he lost with the ACL's

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
better than what we have if we can get him at the right price....

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a beast I saw him score a length of the field try from his own in goal just brushing off about 5 defenders against our H Matts side a few years ago.

The big question will be how much pace he lost with the ACL's
Probably still faster than his brother and will play on Sundays.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big Brother Hoppa should give him a pair of his magical underwear to protect him from any further acl injuries
Worth a shot IMO. But how long before he decides to go on his morman mission???