Alarm Bells Mahoney vs JMK

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mahoney's a decent buy and you blokes will benefit I reckon.

It's not like he's been punted from Parra but Parra can't keep him cause of cap pressure. I'm thinking you guys will def play finals next year. New coach, some new cattle might take a bit of time to all click but you guys will be a more exciting team to watch.
We won’t play finals next year, might maybe get close but unlikely. Still have passengers in the top 30, Burton is very inconsistent and inexperienced. We dont have any good options at 7 for now. Forward pack isn’t up to the teams who make the 8 regularly. Unless Ciraldo has a Fitzgibbon type of rookie coach season then i think we probably finish between 12-9th again. 2024 we should be competitive.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We won’t play finals next year, might maybe get close but unlikely. Still have passengers in the top 30, Burton is very inconsistent and inexperienced. We dont have any good options at 7 for now. Forward pack isn’t up to the teams who make the 8 regularly. Unless Ciraldo has a Fitzgibbon type of rookie coach season then i think we probably finish between 12-9th again. 2024 we should be competitive.
Exactly a few injuries or suspension and we will be cannon fodder again

Damodogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Watched alot of Eels games after his signing. His passes from dummy half hit the right spot, in stride, 95% of the time. That alone will make us better. Do believe however he's carrying a few extra puddings around the middle, but im sure he'll get our forwards hitting the advantage line every time

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched alot of Eels games after his signing. His passes from dummy half hit the right spot, in stride, 95% of the time. That alone will make us better. Do believe however he's carrying a few extra puddings around the middle, but im sure he'll get our forwards hitting the advantage line every time
I believe that his extra size was part of the team strategy. Extra size on him for durability, and to focus on distribution to halves/gutho first and foremost, and not run unless it’s absolutely open.

Hopefully when he gets here we can utilise his running a bit more, and we need it more than Parra. He’s not super quick but he’s quick enough to make a break down the middle.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are lacking a quality prop or two, that is for sure. And if Kiks gets an injury, we suddenly look pretty average in the edge forwards too.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You don't make a grand final with a poor hooker.

Watching Ennis previously should have showed every fan on here that. Mahoney is a gun those are the facts, the alarm bells were really just delusional thoughts in your mind. FACTS.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mahoney played wel tonight and he’ll have a different role at the dogs next year.

Lane wasnt a recruitment issue he came over from Endeavour Sports high as a teenager and was freakish. Too much partying and outside nose i heard and he was punted to the warriors - we got RFM in exchange if I’m not mistaken?

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyway back to Reed, besides some very flat passes he made 58 tackles showing how good he is defensively AND setup that rcg try… it was very ennis like.

The running game will be back because we dont have very dominant halves or a massive forward pack like parra do

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway back to Reed, besides some very flat passes he made 58 tackles showing how good he is defensively AND setup that rcg try… it was very ennis like.

The running game will be back because we dont have very dominant halves or a massive forward pack like parra do
Isnt it great to see a hooker playing for dogs next year knows how throw a flat pass.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It'll prove valuable in the coming years, having these players with successful finals experience rubbing off on the team. Ditto Ciraldo. Couple that with the young enthusiasm of players like Kiraz, King, Topine, Alamoti (fingers crossed he transitions well) etc... and I'm pretty sure we'll be playing finals footy consistently again from 2024 onwards.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With Mahoney in the side there is a better chance Gus can sign a quality number 7 who knows what to do with Mahoney's passing.
In '23 we may get frustrated watching those passes go far too often to hit ups.
But that should change in '24 when Gus lands a star half back. Someone who wants to play with Mahoney, Burton, Kikau, TPJ, Alamoti and JAC.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
With Mahoney in the side there is a better chance Gus can sign a quality number 7 who knows what to do with Mahoney's passing.
In '23 we may get frustrated watching those passes go far too often to hit ups.
But that should change in '24 when Gus lands a star half back. Someone who wants to play with Mahoney, Burton, Kikau, TPJ, Alamoti and JAC.
Should of made a play for O’Sullivan before dolphins snatched him

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He won that game last night for Parra. His defence was insane.
I’m excited to see TPJ running that RCG type like for Mahoney. Best short ball in the game

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
our dudcruitment has culminated in two former Bulldogs Lane & Mahoney leading Parra's premiership charge let that sink in.
But would they have been as effective at the dogs if they never left with the coaching and training staff weve had last 5 years?
Dosent matter, what matters is what happens moving forward.