Alarm Bells Mahoney vs JMK

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought he played well last night. Ive seen people question his defense, his defense looked good to me last night.
6 missed tackles. But He’s decent for someone his size always throws himself in front of them no matter how big they are. He’s a bulldog and I can’t wait to see him play for us

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s no comparison between the two - Mahoney will def make a difference for us. JMK came good not long after TBaz left but toward the end, had some quieter games.

Mahoney gets that first pass out really quick and out in front, it’s great service, allows the attackers to be on the front foot, he also has the ability to read numbers which is what the good 9s do.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Those ears get me! I feel pain every time I see them. Wish he had have left the headgear on before he gave that a grab to Danika at completion of 1st half last night on 9. He will be very good value and hopefully he starts to get a bit more creative when attacking within the 20m.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those ears get me! I feel pain every time I see them. Wish he had have left the headgear on before he gave that a grab to Danika at completion of 1st half last night on 9. He will be very good value and hopefully he starts to get a bit more creative when attacking within the 20m.
Mahoney to Kikau, is something I am dieing to see. However Mahoney to Flanagun to Kikau mmmmmm.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK's improved running game still doesn't make him an NRL quality dummy half. That's like saying Lachlan Lewis is a quality 5/8 because he a can defend. JMK is a shit distributor and if you are shit at the most important part of your job you will never be a decent dummy half - end of story.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s been said or not but rumours are that he’s been unhappy all year. Coupled with coming off a shoulder reco, I think arriving at belmore will be all it takes to revitalise him.
(Bold prediction: He’ll challenge Harry Grant/Ben Hunt for the 9/14 role in origin next year)

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s been said or not but rumours are that he’s been unhappy all year. Coupled with coming off a shoulder reco, I think arriving at belmore will be all it takes to revitalise him.
(Bold prediction: He’ll challenge Harry Grant/Ben Hunt for the 9/14 role in origin next year)
that’s what I always say about any players coming to us or currently with us.
Change of coaching and in tipping a massive 2023 season. The energy and hype fox brings will definitely bring the boys close together and ensure we are on the right foot from round 1.

If cowboys were tipped to get wooden spoon this year and end up in the top 4 instead that just shows you how quick we can turn around our past season to get back to the top. I think it will be all about fitness and mentality for this preseason if we have a good chance of contesting for the top 8

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I heard Arthur was fuming when Mahoney told him he was leaving. I think he’ll have a big year for us next season.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
that’s what I always say about any players coming to us or currently with us.
Change of coaching and in tipping a massive 2023 season. The energy and hype fox brings will definitely bring the boys close together and ensure we are on the right foot from round 1.

If cowboys were tipped to get wooden spoon this year and end up in the top 4 instead that just shows you how quick we can turn around our past season to get back to the top. I think it will be all about fitness and mentality for this preseason if we have a good chance of contesting for the top 8
100% mate. Todd Payten tried to break the players in their off season last year. Like every professional sport league is 80% mentality/fitness.
Some new faces, a brutal off-season and some attacking confidence shown this season will hopefully kill the loser mentality at the club and springboard us into 2023.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I heard Arthur was fuming when Mahoney told him he was leaving. I think he’ll have a big year for us next season.
Yeah apparently Reed claimed it was because Parra lowballed him big time, to the point where he felt so undervalued he told his agent to find him a new club after the meeting and the bulldogs was at the top of his list, I assume because he was a junior of ours.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah apparently Reed claimed it was because Parra lowballed him big time, to the point where he felt so undervalued he told his agent to find him a new club after the meeting and the bulldogs was at the top of his list, I assume because he was a junior of ours.
Yep i was at parra v dogs game last year with a mate that knows reed he come and said hi and i said why don’t you go back to the dogs ,he said they didn’t want me ,i said mate dessie and crusher let alot of good players go ,how things have changed

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was posted previously that Mahoney doesn’t run from dummy half because Gutherson pushes him out of the way. Saw it a number of times last night. Every time Parra get on the front foot and a quick play the ball Gutherson jumps in. I think his running game will be good next year when he has no one edging him out of the way. His passing both sides last night was a feature of eels attack.

Malla

Reaction score
It was posted previously that Mahoney doesn’t run from dummy half because Gutherson pushes him out of the way. Saw it a number of times last night. Every time Parra get on the front foot and a quick play the ball Gutherson jumps in. I think his running game will be good next year when he has no one edging him out of the way. His passing both sides last night was a feature of eels attack.
I bet that’s by design.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Little porky pig type lol, but if he drops some weight in the off season will do him wonders. He’s a good 9, I think he will go good for us (fingers crossed)

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mahoney's a decent buy and you blokes will benefit I reckon.

It's not like he's been punted from Parra but Parra can't keep him cause of cap pressure. I'm thinking you guys will def play finals next year. New coach, some new cattle might take a bit of time to all click but you guys will be a more exciting team to watch.