Rumour Alamoti

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo and Alamoti have agreed to sign extensions the players were asked to make sure their football does the talking as no one under Gus gets paid unders.

why do you Preston got sign up on huge extension and upgrade.

With todays game the way it play and BS rules gone are the days a top team would only use 24 player now it more like 30 player that can play FG. Otherwise you will a shit ton of luck with HIA suspension and injuries.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We wouldn’t of granted permission for him to do that because permission is already granted and its not the club’s decision at that point
Thats my point, it’s the choice of words maybe and not the facts. I’m not passing judgement just commenting about the smoke. He is a good defender, but so was Schouup?

He is young, but his Reggie’s and lower grade impact as a player hasn’t transitioned to FG yet.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve been told Paul Alamoti has been granted permission to look elsewhere for next season as Averillo is set to retain his position and with Xerri coming

He was also seen with his family talking with Todd Payten today at a Beverly Hills RSL club.
There is no Beverly Hills RSL,

Always a Bulldog

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There was so much hype about him during the off season. Sample size is small but I was expecting more albeit he’s still very young. I’ll be shocked if we let him walk

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t see him leaving. Dogs junior. Nothing wrong with a 2 year deal at 200K. Prove yourself and go earn that big contract. If we want him, he stays. Simple as that.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
With EQW in our system now and top 30..I'd say there's a good chance he could be looking at other options.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh dunno about this.. would he want to go to Townsville idk if I would even for a fucken holiday haha.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we’re going to rely on Xerri ? He’s not going no where I doubt it.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamoti's biggest issue is his speed, but then again I don't think he was ever thought of (long term) as a back.

I reckon the idea is get him learning his trade at centre, and then moving him into second row. Problem is we have lots of second rowers already.

Averillo is having an amazing season, AND he's only 22 (23 in August), so still only young himself.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id rather skelton but those talking about xerri hell he way off the pace for at least 12 mths id expect

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stats obviously aren't everything but right now Averillo is statistically a top 5 centre in the NRL with the ball in hand and he's doing this in a team that averages the 4th lowest points a game. As you said he's been our most consistent attacking weapon this year and the more he's around the ball the more likely we are to score points.

I'm not writing Alamoti off yet because as I said during preseason he is a very right side dominant player and playing him on the left limits his game quite a bit. Very reliant on his left arm fend and ability to skip to the outside of defenders to beat them and that just isn't something he can do on the left. His lack of pace is a bit concerning though.
He’s been available every game, he’s created half chances in almost every game that I can remember and he’s got a knack of scoring long distance tries. He’s done it for a few years now so we can’t say it’s a fluke. His defence at centre has improved and I think that’s largely from the fact he’s played the one position all year so he’s had the time to work on it.
I love Alamoti’s potential, but I think Averillo is the better player. We will be making a mistake if we let him walk.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We let schoupp go at 20 years old. He was strong, defended pretty well and has plenty of size. He also did more in his 1st grade opportunities with us than what alamoti has so far. With that in mind it's plausible that we might consider letting alamoti go... didn't we pay him on potential as a teenager, something like 350k?? His manager would probably be asking for a pay rise now he's playing nrl and he really isn't worth more.. at least not yet. I'd say if he tests the market he'll find out that teams aren't willing to pay silly money for him and then he'll end up signing back with us for whatever he is offered

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We let schoupp go at 20 years old. He was strong, defended pretty well and has plenty of size. He also did more in his 1st grade opportunities with us than what alamoti has so far. With that in mind it's plausible that we might consider letting alamoti go... didn't we pay him on potential as a teenager, something like 350k?? His manager would probably be asking for a pay rise now he's playing nrl and he really isn't worth more.. at least not yet. I'd say if he tests the market he'll find out that teams aren't willing to pay silly money for him and then he'll end up signing back with us for whatever he is offered
Politis will pay whatever is required if he wants him though. Not all through the cap of course.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus you fuckwit. Get the deal done.

Alamoti is only 19 and is playing like he's in his prime.
He makes hard yards, tackle breaks for fun and is a natural player. Not like averillo, who scored 2 long range fluke tries against the Dragons and thinks hes tedesco.

He's built like a fucking beast and vs the titans he looked like a machine.
He’s slow and has a turning circle like a road train. He can’t read the defence either. He needs to develop more

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Alamoti.

For a youngster he's shown that he's got pretty good vision in the way he's been able to find support runners and put himself back in position to support after throwing a pass. I think the perception that he's slow comes from the fact that he's playing next to JAC, who's close to the Usain Bolt of the NRL. And pace alone is a good asset, but Alamoti seems like a strong unit who will hopefully get better at steamrolling opponents and offering some good passing and offloads. It's just as valuable to be able to draw defenders and pop a good pass under pressure as it is to be able to run fast.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve been told Paul Alamoti has been granted permission to look elsewhere for next season as Averillo is set to retain his position and with Xerri coming

He was also seen with his family talking with Todd Payten today at a Beverly Hills RSL club.
If he’s off contract for 2024 he doesn’t need permission. Is he off contract for 2024.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we want him he will stay
And if he wants to stay he will. They gottta wanna play for the mighty blue an white !! and give their all. That’s what we want and if that’s the case will be a massive player now an for the future.