Airlines

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For those of you who have travelled overseas
What airlines did you travel with and what airline was your favourite

I haven't travelled since covid so don't know how airlines are going these days but my favourite is qatar with emirates a close 2nd

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
For those of you who have travelled overseas
What airlines did you travel with and what airline was your favourite

I haven't travelled since covid so don't know how airlines are going these days but my favourite is qatar with emirates a close 2nd
Where are you going mate?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends where you're flying. When heading to America, I have found Delta and Qantas to be the best. Qantas is probably just ahead, but Delta has American whiskey.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Qantas as much as most hate the airline
I fly with them the most mainly for convenience and lounge access.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Depends where you're flying. When heading to America, I have found Delta and Qantas to be the best. Qantas is probably just ahead, but Delta has American whiskey.
I don’t mind flying Hawaiian because the safety video is cool haha

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I really hate flying because of my ADHD but I did get staff travel because of my father for years working at QANTAS so sometimes I would get the shit seats but other times I would get first class still hated it.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really hate flying because of my ADHD but I did get staff travel because of my father for years working at QANTAS so sometimes I would get the shit seats but other times I would get first class still hated it.
I have had issues there is probably a proper term for it where I get extremely restless/uncomfortable on a say 5 hr flight WA to Sydney or Thailand in the past..I fucking hate it too, cannot sleep a wink sitting upright and it's just a massive pain in the ass.Unless heavily sedated I could not ever do US or Europe I feel like I would literally flip out..
It's not fear nor am I scared of anything just extremely uncomfortable, it could be anxiety or something i really don't know. Its real though at 5 hours I am red lining and completely had enough :tearsofjoy:

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Qantas but they are getting shittier. I usually fly once to Italy every year and go QF and just found over the years their standards dropping. That Joyce needs to run something like Ryan Air not Qantas.

One of my kids this year flew Etihad from Sing to Milan business for $2300 and raved about the standard. Reckon Qantas could learn a lot from ME airlines.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I have had issues there is probably a proper term for it where I get extremely restless/uncomfortable on a say 5 hr flight WA to Sydney or Thailand in the past..I fucking hate it too, cannot sleep a wink sitting upright and it's just a massive pain in the ass.Unless heavily sedated I could not ever do US or Europe I feel like I would literally flip out..
It's not fear nor am I scared of anything just extremely uncomfortable, it could be anxiety or something i really don't know. Its real though at 5 hours I am red lining and completely had enough :tearsofjoy:
Yep you described that word for word I just can’t sit still I’ve done many many trips all over the world but it has been an ordeal for me. No one knows but I definitely do.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting better at it but yes can understand, 17 hrs Darwin to London middle ilse was pretty fucking horrible for me, some tips and tricks help me these days ,get lounge access for a few hrs before a flight you can eat drink relax ,and most importantly have a shower half hr before a flight, pay a bit extra get emergency row for a bit of space, bring a book , I can not focus on those touch screens and shitty movie selections on planes for more than 10 mins. Walk up back of plane have a few whiskeys and chill there for an hr or so till valium and whiskey to take effect get back to book and you be sleepy enjoy a snooze

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I fly a lot and having tried about 30 different airlines, it’s hard to go past Asian service - Singapore, Cathay, JAL/ANA, Asiana, Vietnam etc.

The ME guys are fine but they’re allowed to compete with various government subsidies. The unsung good airline of the region is Turkish.

No Euro carriers really stand out for mine unless it’s boutique like La Companie.

Qantas get a bad wrap - they’re not perfect but their product and service is still better than pretty much all US carriers and Joyce has the unenviable position of running a business that flies to/from the last bus stop (fuel costs) along with among the highest labour costs in the world. Sure he’s made mistakes but as usual his detractors wouldn’t have a clue what it takes to actually do the job and turn a profit. Would love to see them in the chair having a go. Hilarious. It’s a tough business with low margins and frequent shocks (think 9/11, Bali, recession, war and pandemics).

These days for the sake of keeping top tier loyalty status I’ll generally choose One World carriers as the small things like dedicated check-in, priority boarding, extra bag allowance, improved seating (exit rows, upgrades) and a little personal service ‘Welcome Back Mr. Dinkum, here’s an extra bottle of red for you’ take some of the pain out of the long haul.

Oh and despite what Boom and Virgin Galactic etc are trying to do, I don’t see supersonic or stratospheric flight an affordable regular thing for the punter in my lifetime and is likely 50+ years away if it ever happens - so enjoy the movies and Wi-Fi kids - you ain’t gettin’ to London or New York much quicker anytime soon.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see Jetstar made a paraplegic crawl to her seat the other day, such fucking amateurs who are they affiliated with? Dodgy Bros Inc?
I normally think oh well you want the cheapest flights what do you expect delays fuck ups ect, but fuck me they could of put a few braincells together and sorted it out without incident.