Air Raid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both of these sides love to go to the air when things are tight in defence, I can see plenty of snatch and grab this week, I hope our kick defence has been worked on because that is the only place we will be pipped.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I am concerned about our defence on the Inu/Reynolds side, Halatau defended very well in our last meeting on that side and I think he will be missed. Jackson will need to step it up in defence because Reynolds and Inu have that occasion were they read the play wrong, so Josh will need to give them a hand as much as possible. I think they would have worked on their defence in terms of kicks, Perrett is solid under the high ball, so you would assume that they would be testing Wright, or Barba with Inglis coming charging at him.

The Real Bob

New Pup
Reaction score
Souths might test Barba with the high ball and knock him out as he tries to catch it. Crocker did it to Stewart in the Melbourne/Manly GF.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
In recent times, attacking players even touching a defending player in the air draws a penalty. Watch for this rule to be relaxed on Saturday.

Remember against the Tigers that Beau Ryan tried his luck at this with Barba and failed.

Souths might test Barba with the high ball and knock him out as he tries to catch it. Crocker did it to Stewart in the Melbourne/Manly GF.

WestieDog

Zambuck
Reaction score
Wright is our Achilles' heel under the high ball - his positioning is generally poor (probably because he's not really a winger). IMO Morris needs to drift behind him late in the count, because Souths will pepper him.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
I got a feeling there gonna do that.. Remember Guys in 2009 Bulldogs vs Eels Semi finals.. They injured our fullback Luke pattern, in that game we had no fullback, that's why we lose!!
I hope they don't fu*ken do that again!

Go the Dogs..

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Josh Morris hat trick coming up

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I foresee a couple of everingham tries over and behind Wright >.<

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why i'm frustrated, because if we are to lose this weekend from bombing, this tactic will only work against the dogs. Against melbourne/manly it won't therefore if we don't win, one of the cheating vermin clubs will get up against them next week, where at least with us we can match it with those clubs and souths will simply choke.

Every year prior to this one I have been worried about our chances leading into games... but seeing how the team is prepared for games under desmond and the gang... I'm really not that stressed. It'll be either luck or a serious bad performance by us for souths to get up (Luck includes the refs penalising the shizar out of us early game).

I'm sure the crab (wright) and the backs have been practicing the only tactic souths and raiders have over the past 2 weeks. Bring it on!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Either up in the air, or they'll come to the line and kick through it. We need to be really aware of their kicks in close proximity to our try line. It's pretty much the main way they'll cross the stripe.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to make a contest of every high ball and have no fear and have people around to clean up if an error occurs. We can't let them have a free jump at it like Fergusson did for the Raiders last week.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think they will be using our 2004 tactic we used against the Storm and they will kick to find touch, limiting the time Barba has with the ball

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a feeling there gonna do that.. Remember Guys in 2009 Bulldogs vs Eels Semi finals.. They injured our fullback Luke pattern, in that game we had no fullback, that's why we lose!!
I hope they don't fu*ken do that again!

Go the Dogs..
Yeah, I remember that day's events clearly. The General had at least two Eels all over him then Nathan Cayless joined in slamming his knee into the The General's head. Exit The General. In the same game Bryson Goodwin was in the process of scoring in the corner when Jarryd Hayne slipped his knees into his head. Exit Bryson.

As far as "air raids" go in Saturday's game we'll just have to rely on the referees' applying rules re blocking and taking the catcher out. With the Bulldogs though, I prefer us to use the grubber into the ingoal with an aggressive kick chase to give us a repeat set. Then our guys can use a set play or decoy runner move, hopefully resulting in a try.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that day's events clearly. The General had at least two Eels all over him then Nathan Cayless joined in slamming his knee into the The General's head. Exit The General. In the same game Bryson Goodwin was in the process of scoring in the corner when Jarryd Hayne slipped his knees into his head. Exit Bryson.

As far as "air raids" go in Saturday's game we'll just have to rely on the referees' applying rules re blocking and taking the catcher out. With the Bulldogs though, I prefer us to use the grubber into the ingoal with an aggressive kick chase to give us a repeat set. Then our guys can use a set play or decoy runner move, hopefully resulting in a try.
Well if they want to play dirty, I would put Payne on a kamakazi mission and just take out Luke and/or Reynolds, if he does get suspended and we win, Halatau will easily take his spot LOL

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if they want to play dirty, I would put Payne on a kamakazi mission and just take out Luke and/or Reynolds, if he does get suspended and we win, Halatau will easily take his spot LOL
Agree 100%... make the sacrifice Payne and unleash some PAIN on these vermin.

But in all seriousness, I'd be hitting Inglis's legs (left or right, can't remember which he was struggling with last week) pretty hard... Merrett's got a stuffed shoulder as well.. fire all traffic his way i say.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
sinister yet brilliant. We definitely have the depth to do this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.