Aiden Tolman

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I disagree - Elliott, Tolman and RFM go at it the full 80 week in week out. Are these players training in a different group to the others?

What are the systems in place? The powderpuff forwards who cant get back in line and when they come out, they come out staggered leaving holes big the Jenna Jamesons mut, forcing our edges (Jackson and RFM) to cover the middle, leaving an overlap on the outside on the next play?
Jenna?? Showing some age there mate...

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's not irreplaceable and has no special skills. He's also 31 years old. There's also no other club that's signed him despite him being on the market since 1 November 2019 and despite us making it clear he wasn't in our plans.
Okay we get that you don’t like him but why did you merge my Tolman Tribute thread into this one. It’s a totally different topic and deserves a thread of its own.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Aiden definitely aint no attacking steamroller, nor does he intimidate the opposition, but there is no frontrower in the club like Aiden who tightens the middle and covers every hole and loose ball.

People will be in for a surprise next year.

It happened with Hodkinson
It happened with Ennis
It happened with Reynolds
It happened with Graham
It happened with Morris Brothera
It will happen again with Tolman

Reynolds? best thing that happened was that dead shit leaving

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay we get that you don’t like him but why did you merge my Tolman Tribute thread into this one. It’s a totally different topic and deserves a thread of its own.
someone's already said that to me today, come up with something original.

This thread was complementing Tolman, so was yours, it can all go in one.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s a horrible defender

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
someone's already said that to me today, come up with something original.

This thread was complementing Tolman, so was yours, it can all go in one.
Why so salty?

I think our most distinguished servant of the past decade is worthy of a tribute thread of his own. Not sure how you can rationally argue this. Put your personal distaste for him to the side.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why so salty?

I think our most distinguished servant of the past decade is worthy of a tribute thread of his own. Not sure how you can rationally argue this. Put your personal distaste for him to the side.
Have never really responded to your posts to be honest and not about to be drawn into your rubbish.

People will still give you likes for your stirring tribute, if you're concerned about it feel free to report it.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Have never really responded to your posts to be honest and not about to be drawn into your rubbish.

People will still give you likes for your stirring tribute, if you're concerned about it feel free to report it.
Haha so you are aggrieved that a player you don’t like was afforded a tribute thread by a member that you also don’t like. And above all you didn’t want to see it generate ‘likes’. How extraordinarily petty of you.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No their wasn't

Bro you shouldn't be commentating, as youwere riding Michael Lichaa for years as the next NSW hooker.

Calm down
So how many games DID Tolman play where we got pumped? It depends on what your definition of "pumped" means, but it COULD include:

Rd 3 V Manly lost 6-32
Rd 7 V Wests Tigers lost 6-34
Rd 8 V Souths lost 10-26
Rd 9 V Brisbane lost 8-26
Rd 13 V Melbourne lost 10-41
Rd 16 V Canberra lost 20-34
Rd 18 V Manly lost 20-32

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha so you are aggrieved that a player you don’t like was afforded a tribute thread by a member that you also don’t like. And above all you didn’t want to see it generate ‘likes’. How extraordinarily petty of you.
It's not that I don't like you Horse I'm just not interested in or agree with what you have to say in general.

I also appreciate what Tolman has in the past (don't necessarily think he's done a fantastic job in the last few years but he's not on his own), the game has just passed him by.

But I would never let that stand in the way of being objective and I would have merged the threads regardless of who created them, if you think otherwise that's up to you.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our attack is shit with and without Tolman, but our defence through the middle is horrible without Tolman.

I understand everyone wants to see a new and exciting structure (greatly atrack), and we have a general idea of the style Barrett wants to play, and unfortunately we havent got the crop to play that style. We would need to bring in an almost entire new squad barring RFM, Thompson and Jackson(must be in the 13)
Lot of truth in what u say,but Jackson’s defense today was atrocious,by his standards a pretty ordinary season,I guess that accounts for the whole team,one positive was Luke Thompson he was a standout today.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not that I don't like you Horse I'm just not interested in or agree with what you have to say in general.

I also appreciate what Tolman has in the past (don't necessarily think he's done a fantastic job in the last few years but he's not on his own), the game has just passed him by.

But I would never let that stand in the way of being objective and I would have merged the threads regardless of who created them, if you think otherwise that's up to you.
You’re rambling.

So just to be clear - you still maintain that Tolman, our most distinguished servant of the past decade - is unworthy of the stand-alone, articulate tribute thread that I offered? And merging it into a completely separate discussion was the most appropriate course of action?

You’ve put your own emotions first mate, few would disagree. I hope you reassess your decision and reinstate the thread.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I valued his contribution and think he’ll be be missed..shame he is gone. Hopefully he’ll get a couple more years at another club.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absurd claims.. if the staff do their job right next year, people will be sayin, "tolman who?"

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Aiden Tolman for your outstanding service to this club.

221 games of dignified service. No player has played more games, made more metres, made more tackles or put in more effort than Tols over the past decade. Absolute warhorse who’s been an outstanding contributor to the club both on and off the field.

In an era where we’ve seen so many low output players come through the doors to claim a paycheck, Tols has been the absolute opposite and in my opinion should go down as a legend of this club.

Thank you Tols, and all the very best for your future. Hopefully he is not lost to the club.
Great and Very Appropriate post, I second that, thank you for posting it. We get so passionate and carried away that sometimes we forget it's just a game played by real people with real feelings and emotions, I have never seen a season with so many leg & head injuries like this year, the players have lived in a bubble away from their families just to keep us entertained and then when things don't go the way we want we look for scapegoats, and we ridicule and mock players like Tolman & Holland who have given their all to the club for so many years, instead of showing them appreciation & sending of as Hero's & I will admit I am a culprit of this and you will see it in many of my post's but then a gentleman post like yours appears to put things back into perspective and bring me back down to earth with a thud. Thank you again for your post , I fully agree with you, and I also would like to thank all our Gladiators who are leaving the club this year & wish them all my best wishes for where ever their destiny takes them. 1601130803807.png