Aiden Tolman

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He played really well yesterday. No one can deny that. Full credit to him. It was his best game in years.

I still wouldn't re-sign him next year though, especially after spending 800k on Thompson. Plus Tolman wouldn't suit Barrett's style of play.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly solid game Tolman. I hope a SL team was watching and you can score a nice pay packet over there next year my friend
I reckon another NRL team will sign him. Des would be chomping at the bit. Obviously he could make more in England, but I think Tolman would stay for less in the NRL.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly solid game Tolman. I hope a SL team was watching and you can score a nice pay packet over there next year my friend
I just finished watching the "pine barons" episode...lol. Classic.

Agree with your point about Tolman, played a great solid yesterday.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
During the game one of the commentators said that his try was his first since 2017 and it was his first linebreak since 2015 !

Not very good stats when you take them into perspective.

Even though he's a prop teams need someone a lot more damaging in attack - especially now.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Literally his best game in years. I hope Manly and Des sign him lol

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I just finished watching the "pine barons" episode...lol. Classic.

Agree with your point about Tolman, played a great solid yesterday.
I still get cold from that night in the woods, and my fucking foot Ooof madone. I still don't have full feeling in the cocksucker

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy's effort is always 100%. In the rain it was effective but in normal conditions, he's just not good enough. First line break since 2015 - wow.

Reactions: DT

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The stats only tell part of the story. He is such a good read of the game, he seems to know where to be, and he backs that up with a big engine and a lot of hard work that doesn't get attention. Two examples from yesterdays game.

1. He is the first guy there ready to defend when Meaney stops Bradman Best's run down the sideline.
2. With a little under 6 minutes to go Newcastle on attack spread it wide to their right, and you can see we are outnumbered as each of our defenders commits, edge forward, Foran, centre, winger. Meaney is the last line of defense against their winger and he doesn't nail him. If Tolman doesn't pop up right then their winger has a clear run for the line, but he is there and the winger ends up going back infield, the play is shut down by Holland centre field. Newcastle immediately send it left but in their effort to break through they lose the ball, who is right there when the ball is lost, ready to defend if the ball isn't lost? Tolman. The guy was covering to within 5 metres of each sideline within the space of two plays.

Encouragingly the guy who was inside Tolman in cover defense down the right with 6 minutes to go was Thompson. If he has got similar footy instincts as Tolman he is going to a key player for seasons to come.

Unfortunately Tolman is past his best, but even then he is a good first grader, and he doesn't get enough credit for the work he does that doesn't attract attention. Sure he scored a try and did a handy offload to Foran and ran 200m yesterday, hence he is getting attention today. But the true mark of how valuable a player is comes from the players who line up next to them. I'll bet his teammates wouldn't mind having him around for another season or two.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still get cold from that night in the woods, and my fucking foot Ooof madone. I still don't have full feeling in the cocksucker
Great episode. Surely the Russian guy died - SOB couldn't have survived after getting shot in those conditions

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolman does a lot of good things but i rather the club play Jackson in the middle - he will worj just as hard but add a little to the middle attack and allow a genuine wide running forward to play on the edge

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The stats only tell part of the story. He is such a good read of the game, he seems to know where to be, and he backs that up with a big engine and a lot of hard work that doesn't get attention. Two examples from yesterdays game.

1. He is the first guy there ready to defend when Meaney stops Bradman Best's run down the sideline.
2. With a little under 6 minutes to go Newcastle on attack spread it wide to their right, and you can see we are outnumbered as each of our defenders commits, edge forward, Foran, centre, winger. Meaney is the last line of defense against their winger and he doesn't nail him. If Tolman doesn't pop up right then their winger has a clear run for the line, but he is there and the winger ends up going back infield, the play is shut down by Holland centre field. Newcastle immediately send it left but in their effort to break through they lose the ball, who is right there when the ball is lost, ready to defend if the ball isn't lost? Tolman. The guy was covering to within 5 metres of each sideline within the space of two plays.

Encouragingly the guy who was inside Tolman in cover defense down the right with 6 minutes to go was Thompson. If he has got similar footy instincts as Tolman he is going to a key player for seasons to come.

Unfortunately Tolman is past his best, but even then he is a good first grader, and he doesn't get enough credit for the work he does that doesn't attract attention. Sure he scored a try and did a handy offload to Foran and ran 200m yesterday, hence he is getting attention today. But the true mark of how valuable a player is comes from the players who line up next to them. I'll bet his teammates wouldn't mind having him around for another season or two.
Should be resigned. Can’t all be big and explosive. If anyone needs to go it’s definitely Napa.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Should be resigned. Can’t all be big and explosive. If anyone needs to go it’s definitely Napa.
I wouldn't mind him being re-signed for the right amount. $300-350k for another season would be really good value for money, and I agree, he has been more value than Napa.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tolman ends up being a decent coach. Ogre was a pretty good read of the game when he was a player, and he seems to be doing pretty well as a coach.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice to see a work horse like him get a try, he does his bit in defense.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

We’re under pressure copping line breaks left right and centre because Tolman can’t cart it up with any gusto. Who cares that he’s first there. He should be. He doesn’t do anything in attack so he has to use his energy somewhere

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Big metres means shit when you slow the entire attacking set down with your slow lumbering run that nets basically zero post contact metres and with slowest play the ball in the game.

Bloke is a selfish stat padder.