Aiden Tolman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's be honest there is a lot of negative comment on the Kennel. Way to let out frustration for sure.

I will admit I was on Tolman's case at the end of last season and he put in some stinkers to be sure.
Game against Cowboys in Townsville, shocker.

But I want to give the guy some credit.
I think he has lifted his game big time.
His shot on Hodkinson at the tryline last week was brilliant.

He is making more meters and his defensive game, I think is very good.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He also threw the last pass that led to Josh Morris scoring in the corner yesterday :grinning: Who said Tolman can't pass the ball :grinning::grinning::grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh he had a very good game last night. Metres were decent and he made some very good tackles when other slipped off. Also done well on the final try...just wish he had an offload, so many times his arm is free yet he doesn't even attempt an offload.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he has definitely picked up his game this year. I thought he was fantastic last night and against the Knights.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Really is and has for a long time been our Mr Wolf; cleaning up defensive stuff ups... Do u see a sign saying dead bunny storage..
Seems to be making an extra metre in his runs... Doesn't make mistakes or give away penalties...
Fantastic footballer... Prob on of first blokes nominated by other players (who've played with him) when asked who they'd want in the trenches...

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love how positive the kennel is after a win
Skip it's great seeing you being positive for a change :grinning: Welcome back to the flock buddy......one of us, one of us, .one of us...... :grinning:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I also cannot understand the negative comments about Tolman. He is an essential part of the team.
He makes plenty of tackles, doesnt miss many and is always there when the dirty work needs doing.
He is an integral part of the team. I know he is an old fashioned toiler, but every team needs one.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One of his best games ever yesterday, bends the line more

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

positivity comes from the style of our play and also win is always a bonus.

all we want is boys/ coach to play using their full potential and to their strengths.

Tolman is a perfect example, he has been wasted all these years by des, he could have played origins and a permanent fixture in national team but Des destroyed his career and turned him into a plodder.

Now Tolman is playing differently and it is proving dividends.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the biggest tolman basher on here and hand up he played well and that's because he wasn't given the ball twice a set Frawley is demanding the ball and controlling who gets it and mbye was intent on cutting graham and tolman out of first receiver was great to watch

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also cannot understand the negative comments about Tolman. He is an essential part of the team.
He makes plenty of tackles, doesnt miss many and is always there when the dirty work needs doing.
He is an integral part of the team. I know he is an old fashioned toiler, but every team needs one.
Honestly it is only Dog supporters I ever see be critical of him. So many other team supporters would kill for a Tolman. It is because he isn't a superstar in a team full of props like Kasiano, Klemmer and Graham. He is our most consistent forward, does so much dirty work in the middle and is pretty much guaranteed 120+ metres a game.

He also helps settle the team. We have these periods where everyone decides we have to score on that exact tackle and throw the ball around like crazy. Tolman is smart enough to take the ball and go to ground and let the backs handle it with some structure. 90% of the time when we end up in that weird offload patch we throw an intercept, knock on or do that stupid pass that results in Reynolds or the centre having to run 20metres upfield to pick the ball back up. Titans and Broncos had a few patches like that last night and could have used a steady head like Tolman.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman is never gonna stand out as being flashy. Hes job primarily is to go forward & do the dirty work. Can be boring to watch but doesnt deserve all the negative talk.
Plus he speaks quite eloquent which would make him a good candidate for the next captaincy position once JG has retired/gone.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This winning games in a row business is very new to us all. In time we will improve the negativity after a win :grinning:
I'm actually stoked the team put souths away and didn't get complacent.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also threw the last pass that led to Josh Morris scoring in the corner yesterday :grinning: Who said Tolman can't pass the ball :grinning::grinning::grinning:
Tolman's offload/try assist ratio is now at 100%. He has passed the ball once in the last 3 years for 1 try.

Seriously though the guy puts in week after week. Nothing flashy, loves a settler more than Nathan Hindmarsh but does a lot of solid work. When Eastwood made a bust last week he was the only one backing up.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh he had a very good game last night. Metres were decent and he made some very good tackles when other slipped off. Also done well on the final try...just wish he had an offload, so many times his arm is free yet he doesn't even attempt an offload.
The pathetic 4th tackle strategy by Des unfairly hurt Tolman's rep the last few years. He's a good prop forward and would be on money equivalent to his value...

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The pathetic 4th tackle strategy by Des unfairly hurt Tolman's rep the last few years. He's a good prop forward and would be on money equivalent to his value...
Eastwood on the other hand isn't offering much. Fulalo, mariner and Elliot al offered more yday and this year..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh Des has just used him poorly like a lot of other players in the squad. Id love to see Tolman run some decoys, he has a huge motor and could run them all day.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fulalolo is a tough no nonsense type of player. One thing he needs to do is to hit the line at pace.
He stops when he hits the advantage line and takes a soft tackle. Might just be inexperience.

Status
Not open for further replies.