Aiden Tolman wins 2017 Coach's Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

buldogs1956

Waterboy
Reaction score
So according to your rationale we should have kept des hasler as coach for 2018 and 2019

Thanks mate.
No I'm glad Hasler is gone last year was the first time I remember not enjoying watching the dogs play. In my opinion des had all players playing like forwards . He forgot about the backs. Tillman was only doing what he was trained to do. Five off the ruck take the tackle on the last inside the twenty short goal line dropouts to me not smart footy but Hasler was the coach and his theory of the more completed sets the less errors the more play in the opposition half will all result in points.didnt work was boring the players hated it . But that's all history like the mcarthey intercept and poor old Maxine manix!lets move on and enjoy this year I know I will and if we have another shit year I'll still be here next year and the year after supporting the dogs. Year 61 for me! But all I'm asking is cut out the venom in some of your posts cause you wouldn't be saying that if the player was standing beside you

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So you never paid attention to Haslers game plan I take it?
The game plan was shit, but, as a middle player, you’d still be able to make an impact while adhering to it. Graham did, Jackson did, Klemmer did, FFS even rfm and fualalo did, why not tolman ?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
all I'm asking is cut out the venom in some of your posts cause you wouldn't be saying that if the player was standing beside you
I saw tolman at bunnings kirrawee last year and asked him why they were playing like shitcunts ?
I posted it on here at the time. Does that count ?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's the best middle defender at the club. Defence wins matches. He was definitely overutilised in attack. Attacking plays are certainly wasted if Tolmans taking 15-25 hit ups per game. I think Pay will use him in a lock type role with emphasis on defence, much like Dallas Johnson/Alan Tongue types would used to play, where they'd tackle more than any player on the field, and limit themselves to 7-10 hit ups in 80mins.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No I'm glad Hasler is gone last year was the first time I remember not enjoying watching the dogs play. In my opinion des had all players playing like forwards . He forgot about the backs. Tillman was only doing what he was trained to do. Five off the ruck take the tackle on the last inside the twenty short goal line dropouts to me not smart footy but Hasler was the coach and his theory of the more completed sets the less errors the more play in the opposition half will all result in points.didnt work was boring the players hated it . But that's all history like the mcarthey intercept and poor old Maxine manix!lets move on and enjoy this year I know I will and if we have another shit year I'll still be here next year and the year after supporting the dogs. Year 61 for me! But all I'm asking is cut out the venom in some of your posts cause you wouldn't be saying that if the player was standing beside you
What ridiculous reasoning.

As a fan it's not my place to say that to players and it'd be a pretty asshole thing to do.

If I was his coach I'd tell him to start looking for another club because he'd only be playing reserves for me

Tolman may have only be doing what he was told to do but so were the other players and most had a more positive effect than tolman did.

Tolman wasted hit ups, got in between the dummy half and halves (there were a number of times lichaa tried to avoid him because the halves were calling for the ball)

And in our salary cap mess, before releasing graham, we offered tolman to everyone and no one wanted a bar of him.

So yeh stick up for our players, cheer them on WHEN WE'RE PLAYING. But if we have an obvious weak link it gets called out

And the others pointing out tolmans defense lol please. The opposition runs at him for a reason

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's the best middle defender at the club. Defence wins matches. He was definitely overutilised in attack. Attacking plays are certainly wasted if Tolmans taking 15-25 hit ups per game. I think Pay will use him in a lock type role with emphasis on defence, much like Dallas Johnson/Alan Tongue types would used to play, where they'd tackle more than any player on the field, and limit themselves to 7-10 hit ups in 80mins.
Again with this myth. Tolmans defence is massively overrated.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The game plan was shit, but, as a middle player, you’d still be able to make an impact while adhering to it. Graham did, Jackson did, Klemmer did, FFS even rfm and fualalo did, why not tolman ?
Tolman is the toiler every team needs not an impact player. He does the dirty shit so guys like Klemmer can do theirs.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tolman is the toiler every team needs not an impact player. He does the dirty shit so guys like Klemmer can do theirs.
If by dirty work you mean miss tackles, concede line breaks and get in the way of the attack, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.