1. The Kennel is saddened to hear of the passing of one of their much loved members (Izzy Forreal).

Kennelers are invited to pay their respects in the following threads:

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Official Site Statement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

NRL Lurker Aiden Sezer

Discussion in 'Rumours' started by Mr Invisible, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

Apparently Ricky is looking to move on Aiden Sezer if he can secure a replacement.

Thoughts?

Pearce/Hastings > Raiders
    Sezer > Dogs?

2. Daniel89

Daniel89 Forum Regular

Ive always thought it would be good to have him back. But theres no real rumour or anything to say the club are looking at him. Id prefer him over hastings, bigger body and better goal kicker

• Like Like x 2
  3. DoggiesBoy

DoggiesBoy Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

Didn't this rubbish rumour start from matty johns? nuff said.

4. Mr Invisible

Found the source...

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...iders-manly/utlh9tqqzzhh140aiycs8mwtu/slide/2

The Mitch Pearce to Canberra rumour has been floating around for a few days now. It's an interesting prospect and it's starting to grow legs.

The mail out of Canberra is that coach Ricky Stuart may look to offload Aidan Sezer, freeing up money for a tilt at Pearce.

Pearce has always had a genuine admiration for Stuart as a player and coach.

And don’t forget Mitchell's dad Wayne has been good mates with Sticky for 30 years.

That could have a huge bearing on things.

I still think Pearce will join Manly but don't dismiss the Raiders.

The Sea Eagles have salary cap issues and could only offer Pearce a back-ended deal. Pearce would certainly look good behind Canberra's massive forward pack.

LOL Manly with cap issues... what a suprise!!

5. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldog_4_Life Kennel Enthusiast

Sezer is what Hastings could be if he knuckled down.

6. c-b-b

c-b-b Moderator Staff Member

Overrated tbh. Would rather see Cleeland or one of the younger guys given a go ahead of Sezer coming back.

7. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/d736ce9c39975a4b05a8925256affe53

SEZER RUMOUR QUASHED

Canberra have rejected talk that they’re considering releasing Aidan Sezer in order to make a play for Mitchell Pearce.

Manly, Cronulla and Newcastle are keen on Pearce, and on Tuesday, ex-NRL star Matty Johns claimed the Raiders had joined the race.

“Just add one more. There’s discussions around Canberra,” Johns told The Grill Team.

“Canberra have waged late interest in Mitchell Pearce and there’s been talk that they could create cap space by allowing Aidan Sezer to return to his junior club Canterbury. Maybe there’s a bit of interest there from the Raiders as well.”

Raiders CEO Don Furner was quick to shut down the rumour, telling foxsports.com.au’s Nathan Ryan: "No. We're not letting Sezer go. I'm sure Canterbury would be interested but we have our halves in place."

8. XR6T

XR6T Kennel Enthusiast

Don't know if we are actually interested in Sezer but I can tell you Mr Furner, Sezer would want out of Canberra in a heartbeat if we were!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr Invisible

Furner is hardly going to say "yep we want to get rid of Sezer", before they have secured a replacement. He's not that dumb.

Ricky has been talking about letting go of Sezer since midway through this year as he hadn't kicked on like in his first year.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Scorpio

Scorpio Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

Sezer has done nothing at Canberra for 2 years now.

No thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dogs_92

Dogs_92 Forum Regular

I feel like people rate Sezer on this forum cause he has Bulldogs DNA and his cock should be jacked off all the way back to Belmore. I think Sezer can be a great player and his shown it but the past two years he hasn't been so good. Let's maybe start with seeing how Cleeland, Nu Brown, Lewis and even Frawley go with Foran.

• Like Like x 3
  12. heckler

heckler Forum Regular

Why would Furner mention Canterbury? Must be true.

13. steeliz

steeliz Kennel Enthusiast

He has destabilized the Raiders with his attitude, same reason we moved him on.

Why on earth would we want him back?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Baby Blues

Baby Blues Kennel Enthusiast

I think that people do rate our juniors higher than others. This isn't always a good thing either. Josh Jackson isn't from the Canterbury-Bankstown area but there aren't many 2nd rowers I would prefer over him. If we have a gun youngster that is great but we shouldn't ignore recruiting the best player available. Sezer hasn't been performing to the level of an elite half so why would we chase him? In his current form he's just Frawley with 80% goal kicking

• Like Like x 1
  15. KLil

KLil Kennel Addict

His probably trying to call them out...

16. vegny

vegny Forum Regular

They are short of hookers for the start of next year with hodgson's injury. Think they have garvey and baptiste on their book. Just released erin clark recently too. Hooker is probably their priority.

17. 2144superman

2144superman Kennel Enthusiast

Sezer has had a handful of good games in the last 5 seasons.. very much over rated.

18. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

Oh goody, it is that time of the month again when somebody mentions Sezer joining the dogs?

19. boggie23

boggie23 Kennel Addict

One thing I will say about him is on his own he isn’t a stand out player. Doesn’t offer too much. But with a dominant half he can play his own game which is valuable. And his 80%+ kicking is in the elite company in the Nrl.

What sezar offers is a great general play kicking game and a big boot to make meters out of your own half and find open space. He isn’t a amazing ball runner (but then again Foran is) he is a controlling half more then a dominating one. And last time I checked 2 dominating halves don’t click. On a small contract I would pick him up. He can play a role with an injury free Foran and his goal kicking would be a great addition.

Between himself and Hastings, jack is the more all rounded player and will develop better (doubt sezar has much improvement left in his game). But as a complimentary player for Foran I think sezar will be a handy pick up.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Have you seen Foran try and run these last 2 years? Lol. He can't. Hardly much of a ball runner these days.