1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Rothfield Aidan Sezer

Discussion in 'Rumours' started by Daustin, Jan 6, 2018.

1. EB18

EB18 Forum Regular

If we get rts then sell Mbye to the highest bidder.

2. AlphaPapaBravo

AlphaPapaBravo Kennel Enthusiast

everyone is quick to rubbish mbye, but 2017 was shit for everyone really. go watch the 2016 best try highlights. is he worth 750K atm probably not, but there is some real talent their and hopefully Pay can unleash it

• Like Like x 5
  3. EB18

EB18 Forum Regular

Mbye may have a good year. Im not trying to rubbish him but think about if we get rts its a massive upgrade is it not?

We get rts then where does Mbye play as we will have a fb hooker foran and by all reports this Cogger kid is impressive.

Mbye def at centre is terrible. He can attack as a centre but def is terrible.

We get rts then we should try find a buyer for him in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Addict Gilded

While Mbye didn't have an outstanding season, he was stuck doing at least twice the number of tackles per game that Morgan, Maloney and Munster had to do. That takes a lot away from your attacking capacity. He still compared reasonably in terms of run metres and given he had big blokes running at him all game he still managed a better than 80% success rate in stopping them. Moving him to fb means instead of 24 tackles a game he only does 2 or 3 - a big difference in energy use. I'm backing him to have a big year this year.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

Inglis is on his last legs, and played once last year. Cody Walker rumoured to be on outer. John Sutton not signed for 2019. Angus Crichton leaving next season.

They could easily afford him.

6. SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie

SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie Kennel Enthusiast

We got more money though. And Angus and walker are on peanuts. John Sutton couldn’t be on too much either as there hasn’t been any demand for him.

Bulldogs would probably have the most to spend for 2019, we got loads of big money players coming off contract

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

Inglis being injured doesn’t change his pay.

Walker and Crichton where on absolute peanuts. Just like if you say some great young kid that kills it is off contract he was still in peanuts. Reversal of Us and Eastwood and co. On huge coin not worth it.

Sutton would be excluded a lot for long service so can only go to someone similar and would hardly be on rts money

We would have the most if any clubs to shop this year I dare say. Certainly more then Souths.

8. Baby Blues

Baby Blues Kennel Enthusiast

Let's hope the money is spent more wisely under the new recruitment team

• Like Like x 2
  9. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

Inglis is signed until 2020 so he would either have to go to another club or retire which will not be happening. Walker, Sutton & Crichton aren't on much which is why Crichton is leaving.

10. KLil

KLil Kennel Addict

This is the reason I wanted Mbye to stay in 6 on the right hand side of the field... one season with foran would set the spine up for 2019 if we can land Rts.

Some of the things Pay is doing baffles me really...

11. speedy2460

speedy2460 Kennel Enthusiast

I think most of the things that Pay has been doing is very positive. He is a breath of fresh air.
    He will make mistakes (like us all) but he will learn from them. I think that now he is not being shackled by Stuart etc, he will really
    shine. The culture has returned.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldog_4_Life Kennel Addict

So you want Pay to disregard the whole 2018 season on the slim possibility that we may get RTS in 2019. The same RTS who hasn’t done much for the better part of 2 seasons.

With Hoppa at fullback we may be an okay side but with Mbye there you have the potential to have something special and have a proper go at going something this season.

Why spend a million on RTS if Mbye kills it at fullback, that money instead could be used on luring another superstar in a position that we need more quality in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  13. Alan79

Alan79 Immortal

While it would be nice to pick up some experienced talent to fill in where we need them, I would like the club to stick by the stuff they've said about going back to a system where we bring through juniors more often than relying on spending massive money on guys like RTS. Looking back to some of the better days for our club, we did really well by scouting for guys like Vagana, who was struggling to make the Warriors team, but who arrived here and almost instantly jumped up to superstar status. At a similar time we picked up Luke Patten who had been languishing in reserves after debuting who also became a star for us. Or Willie Tonga who was on the verge of becoming an NRL regular when we signed him who was an incumbent origin star almost a year later. Both Andrew Ryan and Mark O'Meley have similar stories, where they had started out well enough for Parra and the Eagles but had fallen back to reserve graders that we picked up and turned into Origin and international class players.

There are still players like this in the game, and a club like Melbourne has been good at finding and getting the best out of them in recent times. In part they're able to sign them because they have shown that they'll give them a chance based on potential like we used to. If we want to become a powerhouse club again, we'll be better served by taking chances on players like this rather than chasing guys with great reputations and already huge pay demands. I'm not a huge fan of RTS when you consider he's a player that will attract big money. At best he's an exciting player but I think he's been inconsistent but has already gotten to a point where his paycheque is that of someone who should be performing every week. I'd prefer that Pay demonstrates to the NRL community that he will give chances to guys who aren't established at NRL level over the next year or two and picks up good potential rather than established stars. The last player that I think fit into this category was Curtis Rona who had a handful of games, but wasn't established.

I think the salary cap has created a situation where the only clubs that should spend huge dollars on marquee signings are those near the bottom of the ladder because they lack stars in every position to provide a platform or guidance for promising youth. We're in a situation where we have a great forward pack signed for a few seasons and a rep level half. If the Morris boys retire after this year our backline won't have that experience factor, but our pack should help out a lot if we can get the best out of them every week. I look at a side like newcastle and think they'll improve a lot through having picked up some players who should lead their young talent around, but I think they'll probably lose a lot of great youth since they would have paid well to get big names to the club as well as signing a young guy who looks like he'll be a star in Pongia. I'd prefer we do some scouting at clubs like newcastle and pick up the quality players they're likely to lose like we've done with Cogger.

• Best Post Best Post x 2
  14. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

Rts preforms mate. Last season he was consistent and he was for the chooks too. He was injured his first season with the warriors mate.

Agree we need to pick up some good fringe and players that need a second chance though we have tried with several that haven’t worked.
    Without even trying Brad abbey is a prime example!

Let’s hope Cogger does kick on for us!

15. KLil

KLil Kennel Addict

RTS could be as good as Tedesco when he hits form. The kid is in the same league as Ponga, Mitchell and Ted and considering his the only one on the market the club would be crazy not to throw some good coin at him.

But then again like you said Mbye could be good, has the ability to become the next coote, even better so it is worth the risk.... at least to start the season.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  16. rainman

rainman Immortal

We will have more chance of getting RSI than RTS by continually posting threads about a player we won't get

• Like Like x 1
  17. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Enthusiast

You have an obsession with RTS and there no talk of him coming to the dogs. Time to accept what we have mate. Mbye will be a gun next year.

18. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Enthusiast

Well said like usual. I totally agree that we should be recruiting juniors with potential instead of superstars every time.
    As far as i am concerned we have a pretty solid team for next year, and if mbye kills it as i expect he will, then im actually really glad that we didnt sign tabasco. Nor should we show any interest in RTS.

19. KLil

KLil Kennel Addict

I think everybody should have an obsession for a professional FB with the capabilities of RTS who may just come off contract next yr which just so happens to be he same year we have plenty of cash to splash... An obsession as great as Fcuk u Des.

20. KLil

KLil Kennel Addict

Posting in threads..